How Active Is Shiva? Anyone Remember Me?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » How active is Shiva? Anyone remember me?
How active is Shiva? Anyone remember me?
By MirquhL 2015-05-29 01:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So Lady You Mad You Could not join my shouts because I want a 119 Monk LOL You silly goose I pay to play and I can set my own partys up Sorry you don't meet the requirements But Yeah Shiva is pretty dead.
By MirquhL 2015-05-29 01:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But im not trying to be a *** tho that's just what I want in my partys nothing against you or anyone
By Ladyofhonor 2015-05-29 02:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's that sad, "must use cookie cutter despite being two years late to being cookie cutter" mentality that makes Shiva such a weak server.

I popped onto Asura for the first time, first thing I saw was a shout for Marjami Delve, I joined on my GEO. We shouted for 20min for a BRD, no bites, opted to sub in a SMN in place of the BRD. Cleared two Marjami delves in 20-25min each, no beads, 1-5+MB. All because they were willing to think outside of the box for a second and made the group work despite not having the exact configuration they preferred.

While on Shiva you shout for 40 minutes for a monk for Delve 1.0 clears. And that's the only endgame shout you see in a 24 hour period (in english at least).
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-29 03:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouting for 40min for a monk for 1.0 is silly but they can do whatever they want.
[+]
 Shiva.Aisuu
Server: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Aisuu 2015-05-29 04:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you don't like it you could of easily just shouted for your own groups. The MNK only shout is a little silly but it is their choice since they are the ones shouting.

The whole situation is quite dumb cause i see and hear people mocking those that do shout and the people that do mock them usually complain about how nothing is going on and won't even shout for their own group.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-05-29 08:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aisuu said: »
Well if you don't like it you could of easily just shouted for your own groups. The MNK only shout is a little silly but it is their choice since they are the ones shouting.

The whole situation is quite dumb cause i see and hear people mocking those that do shout and the people that do mock them usually complain about how nothing is going on and won't even shout for their own group.

^x1000
[+]
By Ladyofhonor 2015-05-29 08:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have on occasion, can rarely find support unless you bring it yourself because people are so sick of the bad leaders they don't bother with pugs. Especially for me who mostly plays in the off hours anyway.

That's not an issue on Asura. So going back to the topic of the original post: Shiva isn't active at all.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-29 08:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/popcorn.gif
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-29 08:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Solution to not getting invite to shout group of the moment: make your own. If you ask if they'll take X and they decline, that's all you can do. Bawwwwwing on AH.com about it seems somewhat unnecessary.

And I don't even have mnk leveled :o
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-05-29 09:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about 500-800 peak NA prime. Which half are afk mules.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-29 09:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

^x1000

The real problem is Hiep! he never wants to take me places where I have no idea what's going on to spend the whole time running into walls and dicking up the run.

geez whiz I'm only a metric ton of dead weight.. you wouldn't think it was that big of deal to drag me through the content on his hefty taru shoulders... but just try to go on one of his shouts on a job he doesn't need and no clue what's going on and it's all "our party is full this" "your cor is only level 50 that"

no wonder ladynohonor left! So....if everyone on asura could drop whatever it is they are doing and help him get all of the things, that would be great... thank you.

and for the love of altana and the mothercrystal just let him get claim on an NM once in a while or you will never hear the end of his bot sermon... holy crap it's at least three days long... .

This one is for you Ladyman of whatever... Everybody hurts Bots!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-05-29 09:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
Hiep doesn't even plays FFXI!
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

^x1000

The real problem is Hiep! he never wants to take me places where I have no idea what's going on to spend the whole time running into walls and dicking up the run.

geez whiz I'm only a metric ton of dead weight.. you wouldn't think it was that big of deal to drag me through the content on his hefty taru shoulders... but just try to go on one of his shouts on a job he doesn't need and no clue what's going on and it's all "our party is full this" "your cor is only level 50 that"

no wonder ladynohonor left! So....if everyone on asura could drop whatever it is they are doing and help him get all of the things, that would be great... thank you.

and for the love of altana and the mothercrystal just let him get claim on an NM once in a while or you will never hear the end of his bot sermon... holy crap it's at least three days long... .

This one is for you Ladyman of whatever... Everybody hurts Bots!
YouTube Video Placeholder

I don't even shout nowadays .-. where is this coming from?!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-29 09:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nik has gone senile from age and "other reasons"
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-29 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the diseased mind of an old weirdo...

/pulls hiep's tiny taru leg

I'm just joking around <3
By aisukage 2015-05-29 10:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
and for the love of altana and the mothercrystal just let him get claim on an NM once in a while or you will never hear the end of his bot sermon... holy crap it's at least three days long

This made me laugh a little cause i remember back in the abyssea days using the pop macro when it wasn't well known to most people me and my friends would constantly out pop others with it. The amount of people that would cry Botter made us laugh.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-29 11:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly.

While I was still on Shiva, I always respected Samu's effort while so many people used to (and looks like they still do...) mock him in shouts and never bother themselves to make shouts for content.

At least, the guy is trying and giving an opportunity for others to do something other than standing fake afk in the city all day. But it seems those dumb people find it more productive to do nothing but talk ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Dawezy
user: Dawezy
By Shiva.Dawezy 2015-05-29 11:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

@Tanag

I know your name! but never knew you personally.

I'm from Alexander aswell :D

Hope you're doing well ^_^
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2015-05-29 12:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvaaaaaaahhhhhh
 Shiva.Aisuu
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Aisuu 2015-05-29 14:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Sheeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvaaaaaaahhhhhh

PAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
 Shiva.Wolfdogs
By Shiva.Wolfdogs 2015-05-29 20:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading this thread kinda makes me want to come back... but I'd probably just log on to talk to people. I'm too lazy tbh to catch up on gear and relearn how to play the game. x_x
By Ladyofhonor 2015-05-29 22:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Exactly.

While I was still on Shiva, I always respected Samu's effort while so many people used to (and looks like they still do...) mock him in shouts and never bother themselves to make shouts for content.

At least, the guy is trying and giving an opportunity for others to do something other than standing fake afk in the city all day. But it seems those dumb people find it more productive to do nothing but talk ***.

Have you ever actually joined a Samusaron group?
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-30 02:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladyofhonor said: »

Exactly.

Yes, I have. I do know his PUGs fail, but that doesn't change the fact that he is trying while most other people are sitting on their arse all day and making fun of him. It is like watching a kid trying to learn how to ride a bicycle and laugh every time he staggers.
[+]
By Zeak 2015-05-30 02:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

On the subject of activity, I don't think Shiva is that bad. I'm not implying that it's good, but there are definitely worse. Many servers don't even bother yelling for CP parties during double campaign; I could often walk into Woh Gates (Fenrir) on a weekend night and be the only one in there. In fact, I transferred to Shiva after months of watching late-night activity in the /shout box, as Shiva and Ragnarok generally saw the most English /shouts in that time-frame (aside from Asura, obviously. Bahamut was 90% JP). And I do find there are more people running around here at later hours. Not a lot, but certainly more. As for why I chose Shiva over Ragnarok, well, I honestly just flipped a /jobemote COR coin since it made no difference to me. So, don't hate me, hate my luck. Point is, the grass isn't always greener unless it's the Asura frat-house.

Anyway, without stepping on anyone's toes, I don't think PUGs are ever going to get any better. They operate on large numbers, and just aren't sustainable in any game with a low population. When there are more players around, there is a wider variety of skill-level to draw from. For example, there could be a couple of good, well-geared BRD floating around looking for entertainment because they got bumped out of their usual crew for various, -friendly- reasons. I find these outliers to be important to PUG health since their skill and experience can often pull the weight of less-equipped players, leading to a higher chance of success. This was even true towards the end of FFXIV 1.0s lifespan, which was in the exact same situation in terms of playerbase. Shouts were next to non-existant, because most players operated within distinct groups. Even most PUGs started with 5-6 core members that just needed filler.

When these players have more secure positions due to lack of competition they often don't have to operate outside a certain clique to achieve their goals. This leads to an incredibly small pool of deviants to pull from; not necessarily bad players, but players who aren't prepared or don't work well together. In the past, you could just as easily shuffle a few slots around to eventually achieve success. But when you already have trouble filling slots in the first place, the chances of success take a nosedive. And it snowballs: Lack of success creates stigma. Stigma creates a lack of communication. Lack of communication leads to more failures. Now we're at a point where people see PUGs as an unnecessary chore. No one wants to be there. While you're /shouting for a WHM for 2-3 hours, everyone is sitting with their arms crossed thinking things like "I'm bored; I wanna go back to my Mog House; I don't even like to play this job; I wish this BLU would stop talking to me; why is this guy still selling Savory Shanks for 3 mil". Trying to start a group with this meta-mindset will instantly make people think you're inflicted with some type of mental illness.

Sadly, with the death of PUGs, your options as a solo player are either a) Move to Asura, b) Tri-box, c) Wait it out until all content is soloable or d) join a circle-jerk. Now, I don't like circle-jerks. I definitely don't like to stand in the middle of one, I don't even like loitering around the "splash zone" of one. However, it is hands down the best option for your average player. The problem is, it tends to require stepping outside an individuals' comfort zone. I mean, I get it: People are icky. They say and do mean things because their ego is just as messed up as yours. But when the player-base has reached the bottom of the barrel, you're kind of out of options and have to lower your standards a bit. You have to be a bit more open with the leftover players and start exchanging business cards (I really wish more English players used /seacom for this, instead of telling us they're AFK for Long Time). I know not everyone is up to par, but if you can look past their faults and talk to them a little, you should be able to manage.

Having said all that, communication has always been the most important aspect of this game, and the lack of it is another cause of PUGs death and inter-personal success. I have rarely, if ever joined a PUG where anyone bothers to communicate or talk strategy before a run, and of course, it ends in disaster. Meanwhile, all my first-try Delve wins were on PUP, of all jobs, since I knew the leader well and we discussed a proper strategy before /shouting for other members. He did a good job of explaining the strategy and we had zero issues even without a proper stunner. The point is, even if you made a couple solid play-mates, you can still take on most content (It may be cruel, but 3-4 players that know and trust eachother can gang up and bully a couple pick-up members into playing a certain way, so that's an option, too). Getting to know someone's strengths and weaknesses is what allows for smooth victories, and how all those odd-ball job set-ups tend work. I seriously cannot stress enough how important communication is in a low population game, but I'm not saying you gotta go out and harass people onto your Friend's List. Take some baby-steps: Put that Kupofried away and invite the guy farming next to you. From a mathematical standpoint, killing twice as fast is better than his piddly little CP bonus. See what this person is all about and if you play well together. Be like a good pressure character in a fighting game; open 'em up until they hit a panic button. Even if you're incompatible, at least you got more CP than you would have otherwise.

There will be failures along the way, but it's still the most reliable option. You just gotta put up with a lot of dumb ***and not retreat to the hermit lifestyle because of it. Just finding a good friend or two will help alleviate the anxiety of putting a group together and it'll start getting better from there. And I mean, to the point where you trust these people no matter what job their on. Not to the point where your eyes keep darting towards the DRGs HP bar and you start muttering "Did this guy *** up yet?" These vagrants are out there; even the best bleeding-heart LSes can't accommodate everyone. Unfortunately, you gotta go against your better instincts and give strangers chance. Not on a global PUG level, but on a personal level. I mean, this isn't a modern MMO where you can take people for granted because there are new groups popping up 24/7; It's a dying game that strongly favors small groups and mutual-understanding.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and hypocritically destroy this entire post by being a recluse and continue lurking the ***out of this game. Thanks for reading this gibberish, though!
[+]
By Ladyofhonor 2015-05-30 03:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly.

Yes, I have. I do know his PUGs fail, but that doesn't change the fact that he is trying while most other people are sitting on their arse all day and making fun of him. It is like watching a kid trying to learn how to ride a bicycle and laugh every time he staggers.

The only thing I've really made fun of Samusaron about is when he was shouting about how great ESO was. And then signing onto FFXI and continuing his regular shouting. If ESO was that great...why was he still on FFXI...?

I joined a pug of his for Chapuli on my alt, in the earlier days of things. The strategy was moved midway through the fight to the Ceizak Frontier station, so that everyone could zombie and run back in to the fray. And we still timed out with a near-full alliance with chapuli over 30% hp left...

That's beyond fail.

I personally have shouted on occasion. Finding a stunner or bard is a tough order, can also take a long time to find a tank. I leveled/geared RUN to tank for runs myself, then no one knew how to play with a RUN tank, lol...

As for Shiva LS's, what do we have?

Trinity - Bots/hacks at a rate similar to Zenmetsu in the days of old.
Minions - Left them because they supported a botter (who has since been banned...)
Digi's LS - Did a Vagary with them, they told me most nights peaked at 4 people online and that night was a crazy exception.

I honestly have no clue what other LS's exist on Shiva in any endgame capacity. Applesmash's LS? Don't know them well, though...
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-30 04:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I've really made fun of Samusaron about is when he was shouting about how great ESO was. And then signing onto FFXI and continuing his regular shouting. If ESO was that great...why was he still on FFXI...?

I joined a pug of his for Chapuli on my alt, in the earlier days of things. The strategy was moved midway through the fight to the Ceizak Frontier station, so that everyone could zombie and run back in to the fray. And we still timed out with a near-full alliance with chapuli over 30% hp left...

That's beyond fail.

I personally have shouted on occasion. Finding a stunner or bard is a tough order, can also take a long time to find a tank. I leveled/geared RUN to tank for runs myself, then no one knew how to play with a RUN tank, lol...

Minions - Left them because they supported a botter (who has since been banned...)
Digi's LS - Did a Vagary with them, they told me most nights peaked at 4 people online and that night was a crazy exception.

I honestly have no clue what other LS's exist on Shiva in any endgame capacity. Applesmash's LS? Don't know them well, though...

Like I said, I know how his runs fail, so I understand how you feel about it, but I just think he deserves some respect for his effort regardless of his success. You, generally speaking, don't have to show it, but at least don't talk ***. That is much dumber than how he fails to run a PUG.

Anyway, know what is funny? I am in the most active server and the number of LSs you counted from a much less active server is more than what I can possibly join... There is literally only 1 EU shell doing end game stuff and I can't apply because they run mandatory events and I am 1 hour ahead of them and I can't stay until the end. The painful reality of being an EU player with a full time job in an MMO going down hill.

Edit: I was in Trinity for a long time and didn't see any obvious botting/hacking. If you are right, I feel sorry for them... I had a good run there until I wasn't able to join runs anymore due to work and had my pearl broken after refusing to drop it myself for being a "bad example" to other members rofl.
[+]
By Ladyofhonor 2015-05-30 09:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's beyond fail.

Like I said, I know how his runs fail, so I understand how you feel about it, but I just think he deserves some respect for his effort regardless of his success. You, generally speaking, don't have to show it, but at least don't talk ***. That is much dumber than how he fails to run a PUG.

Anyway, know what is funny? I am in the most active server and the number of LSs you counted from a much less active server is more than what I can possibly join... There is literally only 1 EU shell doing end game stuff and I can't apply because they run mandatory events and I am 1 hour ahead of them and I can't stay until the end. The painful reality of being an EU player with a full time job in an MMO going down hill.

Edit: I was in Trinity for a long time and didn't see any obvious botting/hacking. If you are right, I feel sorry for them... I had a good run there until I wasn't able to join runs anymore due to work and had my pearl broken after refusing to drop it myself for being a "bad example" to other members rofl.

As for Trinity, I had numerous LS members tell me they saw some of their members clearly running at flee speed at all times. And I personally saw Zoey multiple times CP botting at various camps, and she wouldn't respond to me whatsoever until hours later, while constantly killing mobs. Their cheating goes all the way up to the top. Which is really sad to see, since I have a long history with Zoey (we used to do assaults together during original ToAU days).

I may or may not join an endgame LS over here, my work schedule leaves me unable to commit very well to one. But the shouts I'm seeing are impressive. I usually don't work this time of day (but am for the time being) or otherwise I'd have the option of a bat camp, Ouryu, Marjami delve full clear, Vagary, AAGK or Yorcia delve clear to choose from. Those are the shouts being offered as of the last 10 minutes on Asura right now.
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-05-30 12:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS mostly does thing in house when we have enough people on, I dislike shouting for HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pickups.

and when I find good pickups I pearl them.
By aisukage 2015-05-30 19:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet someone in any ls you join even on asura bots. doesn't matter what server you are on there it is most likely that someone bots in any ls you join especially an active event ls. there are bots all around you, must drive you mad. So if thats how you really feel about these bots why even bother playing seriously.

Also there is LarryMC's ls which is full of nice people and do events a few nights a week filling up the alliance most nights and clear vagery/delve with 0 problems. So if you actually look there are some decent LS's.

Anyways this brings back memories of AlexanderDrama fun times :D
[+]
 Shiva.Gansito
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2015-05-30 20:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss ffxi... i think i got the expansion pack and then everyone was just to far ahead and i didn't know what to do. I would also jump from linkshell to linkshell and some people might have taken that the wrong way... woops :P All i did was sit in jeuno and shout "Help do you need it? <me> you can have this for an hour or 2" and then do dragua and dynamis solo... was fun... fun times... Janie marie is the sweetest person i have ever met. If she still plays and anyone sees her around please tell her Gansito says hello ^_^ oh and TURULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
[+]