Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Question about quickcasting
Question about quickcasting
By Beefjerky22 2015-05-03 22:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow bards. I have been trying to get my gear sets up to snuff and have begun adding some Occ. quickens spellcast to my precast sets. I looked at the guide and it states that as long as I don't have a "/wait 1" line that my postcast gear should take effect. Unfortunately, this is not happening for me and was hoping someone could help explain what I am doing wrong. I am using the saved equipment sets in game. My macros look like this:

/equipset 1 (Precast gear)
/ma "Victory March" <stpc>
/equipset 2 (Postcast gear)

When the quickened songs occur, I will only see a portion of my gear actually swapping or none at all. Is this just server lag, or is there something else I'm missing. Thank you for any help or advice.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-03 22:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

With anything short of Ashitacast and Gearswap, you cannot precast in Occ. Quickens gear and cast in potency gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-03 23:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quickcast is bad in normal precast. It causes the spell to cast immediately and you will not gain the potency from your midcast gear. If that doesn't matter, do whatever.

Also, without a wait between the equipsets, the game tries to do them at the same time, basically. For this reason, whatever you put in the second slot will send back an error so long as your don't have filters on blocking it. If you use in game macros, you can only swap gear more than once by using at least a wait1.
By Beefjerky22 2015-05-03 23:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much for the quick responses! I was hoping the answer wouldn't be that those programs are needed to do so. I guess it doesn't make to much of a difference overall not being able to quickcast songs, since it doesn't happen all that often. Once again, thank you for the clarification. :)
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-05-04 10:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Beefjerky22 said: »
/equipset 1 (Precast gear)
/ma "Victory March" <stpc>
/equipset 2 (Postcast gear)

This is working for me, I'm not sure what your problem could be, but I'm trying this right now with a macro setup like this, while having quickcast pieces in my precast, and it's working for me when it procs, I'm getting my entire AF3 set bonus from my postcast set.

With the in-game equipment sets, you can't swap from equipment set to equipment set too quickly, otherwise the second one doesn't register, getting the "...A command error occured." message. So, when I was testing this, as long as I hit the macro (swapping me into my precast set) and waited the second before confirming March to cast on myself, successfully allowing the second set to register, I was still getting my postcast bonuses in all instances that quickcast procced. I forced a bit of lag on myself too to see if that may be an issue, was at approximately 15 FPS, and it was still working for me.

As long as you don't get "...A command error occured" from swapping equipment sets too close together, or have any /waits, you should still get your postcast set bonuses.

Quick Magic means your spell casting time will be instant, but it doesn't mean your spell will cast instantly, if that makes sense. Your spell doesn't instantly cast from the moment you activate it or your macro, just when it begins to cast. When you tell the game to cast something, it immediately checks for both casting time reduction pieces reduction and quick magic pieces, before actually beginning. There's still a brief window of time after this immediate check before the start of the actual spell itself, so you can swap equipment in this time, allowing you to reap your postcast set's bonuses.

Beside the obvious equipset error mixups if you have poor timing, this should work the same way as it would with GearSwap or AshitaCast, in the sense that you can precast in Occ. Quickens gear and cast in potency gear. If you wish to test more for yourself, you can use Nightingale(if your's is 5/5) to force instacasts while it's up, and try using this macro the same way you have been and checking for your bonuses from your precast->postcast sets' swap.
[+]