Gearswap and new timers
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-05-18 22:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I chose Nether Blast to test with because its damage doesn't vary with TP. I used it 20 times (a few with Apogee back to back to try and see if speed was an issue) and it did 3687 damage every time.

I can't replicate this problem >:/
 Phoenix.Elizabet
Server: Phoenix
user: Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2015-05-18 23:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using the Mote-Include. With the latest updates I can't replicate Sechs's problem.

The only problem I have that remains is that sometimes after zoning with a pet actice the GS gets fooked. However I can fix it by reloading the .lua without a pet active.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-19 01:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things:
1) I don't know if this problem is still active (didn't have a chance to play SMN in a couple of weeks)
2) I don't know how long it's been going on, I started noticing it in Vagary CP pts but as far as I know it could've been years.

I was using Thunderspark from Ramuh on those mobs being affected by the same exact debuffs (geo languour and geo malaise I think it was?)
On the same type of monster I would range from 500 damage to 3k+ damage.
Damage wasn't varying much in the same AoE on the many different targets hit, but beween different AoEs, even on the same batch of targets, there were huge differences.
When I tried to manually do BPs locking Midcast gear, I was getting more solid results, pretty much all of them were around 2k damage, with some variations here and there but nothing huge.

I'll test again when I get a chance btw. As far as I know this might have been fixed already.
I only asked to other SMNs (in this thread) and got replied they were still having the issue so I kinda went by their word.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-19 02:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that makes it so hard to place a finger on is that this issue does not happen all the time.
I have however noticed that this happens more in instances than in outisde areas.

One area where I found it occuring more than anywhere else is inside Salvage.

By the way, Byrth, mind sharing your smn lua?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-05-19 09:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get a chance to test this again Sechs you need to try to verify that what you are dealing with is a race condition. A race condition is where two separate events are competing for resources and one could potentially fire before the other even though the other was called first.

What you can do to test this is just add an add to chat at the very beginning of every function in question and another at the end of every function as well.

for instance:
Code
function aftercast(spell)
    windower.add_to_chat(123, "start aftercast")

--rest of your code

windower.add_to_chat(123, "end aftercast")
end

what you are looking for here is some function that starts, but doesn't finish before another function is called.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-19 09:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth's SMN lua is actually included with GearSwap by default: if you've deleted it, it's available here.

I did some cursory testing, and it appears to be a timing issue. There's no guarantee of packet order; in theory it should always go precast->midcast->aftercast->pet_midcast->pet_aftercast, but the aftercast and pet_midcast phases are asynchronous, so they can happen in either order depending on timing.

The only guaranteed solution is going to be what Byrth does, which is just ignoring aftercast() on bloodpacts and using pet_aftercast to put your aftercast gear back on.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-19 09:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Verrry interesting.
and thanks for posting the LUA, but by the looks of it that's going to require a tad too much work so I will puzzle with my own. ^_^;
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2015-05-19 11:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Byrth's SMN lua is actually included with GearSwap by default: if you've deleted it, it's available here.

I did some cursory testing, and it appears to be a timing issue. There's no guarantee of packet order; in theory it should always go precast->midcast->aftercast->pet_midcast->pet_aftercast, but the aftercast and pet_midcast phases are asynchronous, so they can happen in either order depending on timing.

The only guaranteed solution is going to be what Byrth does, which is just ignoring aftercast() on bloodpacts and using pet_aftercast to put your aftercast gear back on.

The problem i listed on page 2 of this thread in which my lua was going from precast ~ aftercast ~ petMidcast ~ petAftercast, I fixed that problem by removing an idle rule which i placed in there some time ago so the rule in there now just ignores aftercast if a blood pact rage was preformed.
Code
if not string.find(spell.type,'BloodPact') and not Avatars:contains(spell.english) and not Spirits:contains(spell.english) then
		status_change(player.status)

So it's either doing some of my bpr in precast or petAftercast and i also beleave alot of the isuee is lag.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-19 13:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the line codes I posted above prove to be a sufficient mean to ignore aftercast (player) when the action being performed is a BP?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-19 13:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Would the line codes I posted above prove to be a sufficient mean to ignore aftercast (player) when the action being performed is a BP?

Should be. I think I might go an extra step and just call pet_midcast directly from aftercast in the case of a BP; the worst case is that you send the equip set twice, which is no different than smashing a macro.

But honestly, it should be fine.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-21 01:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I'm wondering if it's not just a bias we're all having.
Maybe the damage variation has other causes?

For example in my case it could simply be a lack of enough pet: macc generating "resists" from Thunderspark?
Still when you see damage going from 500 to 3k on the same type of target (leeches in vagary CP pt) it looks strange, but it could be just an issue of low pet macc and I ASSUMED it to be a bp-executed-in-wrong-set issue.

But I saw it on the Cirdas Caverns Rafflesia NM as well. My Flaming Crushes were ranging from 3k to >20k.
Now... we could assume the 3k ones were missed hits outside of bubbles and the 20k ones could be all hits landed + DA procs + Crit procs while under bubbles.
But still it's a huge difference, not sure if what I said alone can justify such a huge difference.

A possible definitive solution for this could be to use GS to handle all spells/precast/midcast/aftercast for SMN, but then create a rule to ignore BP midcast, and use in-game macros with in-game equip sets to handle BP midcast? (since it's been reported by multiple sources to work flawlessly).
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-05-21 08:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because I don't like using string.find, there are a few ways that you can do it. The one you posted on the last page does the same thing, but here is how I would code it now.
Code
if not S{"BloodPactWard", "BloodPactRage"}:contains(spell.type) and not spell.skill == "Summoning Magic" then
  status_change(player.status)
end

As rooks and I both said above, you could be dealing with a "Race Condition" because there is no guaranteed order of operation for aftercast and pet_midcast, but if you already had the code from the previous page in your aftercast it should have been handled.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-21 09:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Would that adjustment also work with Mote's?
Because in all honesty, I have no idea where to look.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-05-21 09:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My ADD can't deal with Mote's files. I get information overload and can't tell what I am looking at.

It should though, because it isn't using any custom variables. I think mote has a job_status_change function for the jobs, so maybe job_status_change(player.status) instead of status_change(player.status).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-05-21 09:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that aftercast and pet_midcast aren't the only two events that can happen in that time window. You can also get buff changes, pet status changes, and so forth.

midaction() returns the spell table for the current action that you're in the middle of (iirc), so you can always just check if you're currently in the middle of a BP.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-21 09:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So I could create a custom thing that displays midaction() values constantly with the use of TEXT addon and check on my own what's happening.

Would be tricky given the short window of time, but maybe it could give us clues on what it's going on.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-22 14:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently equipsets can't distinguish augmented items, I really hope this gets fixed because vanilla is no option either.
 Asura.Asclepieia
user: Supa
By Asura.Asclepieia 2015-05-23 02:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/equipsets will work with augumented gear.

I have my Matt Helios in my Inv & Att in wardrobe, works fine this way as long as you have updated the equipsets with the gear in the separate stores
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-23 10:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Asclepieia said: »
/equipsets will work with augumented gear.

I have my Matt Helios in my Inv & Att in wardrobe, works fine this way as long as you have updated the equipsets with the gear in the separate stores

That's not really distinguishing between augments; that's using a different marker (the bag slot) to do the distinguishing. Clever workaround, though!
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-23 16:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, thanks for that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [107 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Phillie
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2015-09-07 17:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

in full bp recast set what is bp recast cuz im only gettin it to 29 seconds
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-07 18:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phillie said: »
in full bp recast set what is bp recast cuz im only gettin it to 29 seconds

It's 29 seconds. There is a bit of a shitstorm at the moment about how the JP BP reductions are essentially worthless.
 Phoenix.Phillie
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2015-09-07 18:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP