Gearswap and new timers
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2015-05-01 04:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone managed to make the bp ability delay gear and the bp dmg gear work correctly according to the new timers using Gearswap?

I'm using Mote's files and I tried changing the "sets.precast.BloodPactWard" and "sets.precast.BloodPactRage" to "sets.midcast.BloodPactWard" and "sets.midcast.BloodPactRage" and it works better than before, but a lot of times bp dmg gear doesn't swap.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-01 04:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
I've been using Mote's as well and they've been working perfectly fine for me barring some very unusual situational circumstances.

The transition from Idle to BP delay to BP gear should already be a split second.

[edit]
Did some testing, and I am indeed noticing that occasionally gearswap indeed returns to a perpetuation set before the pact fires off.
A little lag is indeed enough to make this happen.

I'm looking if I can find anything to help counter this.
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2015-05-01 08:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I reactivated account two days ago and i saw that Spellcast isn't working, i downloaded a smn file for gearswap but it sometimes doesnt change equipment. Like when im engaged and i use BP it doesn't go back to perp. set. Can someone say me where to download an uploaded file of smn for gearswap?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-05-01 08:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It is probably an issue with their new lengthened BP casting time. I can try to guess a fix when I get home.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-05-01 12:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not using Mote's files but I've had no problems at all. If it's swapping back to idle gear too quickly maybe it's swapping to idle in aftercast instead of pet_aftercast? Pet_aftercast is where you want it to happen. Note sure what function that maps to in Mote's files.

Also, I've found it helps to place "if pet_midaction() then return" statements damn near everywhere to avoid this problem. Basically if my pet is midaction, I don't ever want to swap, even if I do something like start casting a Cure spell while the BP is readying, I don't want to swap to precast and cure potency gear. I'd rather cure in my BP gear than BP in my cure gear.

However, I have noticed pet_midaction() isn't foolproof. Sometimes it returns "false" when it should return "true." This happens most often when I'm spamming the BP, for example if I'm fighting something with shock spikes that keeps stunning my avatar, I will spam my BP to make it go off. Often such BPs will land in BP timer gear, because the next attempt after the successful one still gets pet_midaction() returning false.

Byrth since you're here, any ideas how that might be addressed? I noticed in Kinematics SMN file he has a call to windower.raw_register_event in order to capture a more accurate reading on summoning skill for creating ward duration timers. I'm still new to Lua & GS, but wondering if there's a similar approach that can get a more accurate reading on pet_midaction()? Ultimately though, it's probably due to latency and there's probably nothing that can be done. Still, I'm curious if you have any ideas.
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2015-05-01 16:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Did some testing, and I am indeed noticing that occasionally gearswap indeed returns to a perpetuation set before the pact fires off.
A little lag is indeed enough to make this happen.
The real problem is that equip doesn't change fast enough for the in game action.

This is how it's working for me:
1. I use a Blood Pact.
2. Gearswap changes my gear to bp ability delay - gear.
3. Blood pact action finishes (hit the mob or buff allies).
4. Gearswap changes my gear to bp dmg gear and stays as that because it is waiting for the action to happen but the action is already finished.

This happens when there is some lag, even if it's just a bit. Seldom it happens even with no lag at all.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-02 06:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the changes mentioned in your first post, mind uploading your lua to github or pastebin and linking it?
I'd like to take a look at it considering our lua have the same basis.

That said, the problem and its sollution may lie in an external file, like somewhere in the resources.
Still putting my hopes in Byrth!
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-05-02 08:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the changes mentioned in your first post, mind uploading your lua to github or pastebin and linking it?
I'd like to take a look at it considering our lua have the same basis.

That said, the problem and its sollution may lie in an external file, like somewhere in the resources.

Shira, is mote's lua file up to date with today's SMN ability/BP/etcc..?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-02 12:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs work, but feel free to use mine:
http://pastebin.com/fVa41Fgp
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2015-05-02 12:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, here it is:
http://pastebin.com/5CGDgCHm
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-02 17:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Apart from the changes to the precast sets I don't really see anything weird to be fair.
 Ragnarok.Umii
By Ragnarok.Umii 2015-05-07 05:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried different smn files and i get same problem in all of them. Sometimes equipment doesn't change back to perp/melee set if im engaged or if im not near of my avatar. Is that normal?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-07 05:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say I sometimes started to notice this as well, and my BP go off with -bp precast gear instead of my BP damage gear when I'm doing Vagary CP pts.
Can easily see the huge damage difference with Thunderspark when that happens =/

It's not that rare either. I'd say around 30% of the times if not higher.
 Asura.Asclepieia
user: Supa
By Asura.Asclepieia 2015-05-07 06:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I have to say I sometimes started to notice this as well, and my BP go off with -bp precast gear instead of my BP damage gear when I'm doing Vagary CP pts.
Can easily see the huge damage difference with Thunderspark when that happens =/

It's not that rare either. I'd say around 30% of the times if not higher.

Same here using Shirai's. I have been messing with this a while now. Using the lua, dmg ranges are erratic, unload lua and using manual sets, dmg is more or less consistent
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-05-07 07:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

On line 700 of helper_functions.lua, there is this:
Code
                v.spell and v.spell.prefix=='/pet' and 5 or

Try changing the 5 to 5.5. I don't have an active account anymore so I can't test it out, but if you let me know it works then I can push it.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-07 08:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I've got some ZNM farming planned tonight which I do on my Summoner.
A good oportunity to test this, I'll get back to you.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-07 08:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome news, keeping my fingers crossed for it to work
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2015-05-07 08:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the help! It's working for me on solo situations, but then I tested it on a Yumcax WKR run and I had the same problem than before (stuck on BP dmg gear).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-05-07 08:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Change the number to 6, then. It's the hard time-out after issuing a command before it swaps you back to normal gear.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-07 13:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So far so good solo, but still need to do some "crowd" testing too.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-07 14:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:
Shiraiyuki opened my eyes! *_*

Gonna try it as well.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-07 14:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, thank you for taking the time to look at this, Byrth.
Knowing you do not play this game anymore.
It's really appreciated.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-08 08:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody else tested with 6.0 in busier situations yet?
I still didn't have the time to.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-08 16:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody else tested with 6.0 in busier situations yet?
I still didn't have the time to.
Just did some Vagary, so far so good but unfortunately I have a really small sample size to go on at the moment.

[edit]
Didn't work, it still leaves my in my BP set occasionally and I can't figure out why.
Happened solo during Salvage a lot as well as during Walk of Echoes.
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2015-05-09 16:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a CP party and still happens :(. I tried changing the value up to 9 but it didn't fix it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-10 13:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we need to define two separate issues:

Problem 1
Gearswap doesn't return to idle/perp gear after a BP has been executed

Possible cause
Pet_aftercast doesn't get correctly executed? Or packet loss maybe.

Problem 2
Gearswap uses a wrong set for executing BPs

Possible cause
Before wondering on which is the cause, we should wonder which wrong gear is equipped during BP usage. According to this, the cause will be different of course.
Is it a matter of BP being executed with precast (BP recast- gear)? ==> Cause could be GS not swapping to BP gear fast enough
Is it a matter of BP being executed with aftercast gear (idle/perp) ? ==> Cause could be GS swapping too fast into aftercast.

Between these 2 issues I'm not really concerned about the first 1. It does happen even on other jobs randomly, and honestly it's not such a big issue, really.

Problem 2 is really bad instead. I am unable to tell what is exactely happening.
The only thing I can notice is gear being wrong because the damage on the same targets fluctuates way more than it should.
More specifically on this second issue: if it's a matter of GS swapping "too fast" then it makes sense to increase the timer like Byrth suggested.
If it's a matter of GS swapping not fast enough, then I don't see how increasing that timer could help in any way.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 01:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Reworded my previous post in an attempt to make it a bit clearer.
Does anybody have a clue about problem 2?
What sort of test could we do to correctly understand if it's a matter of swapping too fast or swapping too slowly?
 Ragnarok.Umii
By Ragnarok.Umii 2015-05-11 04:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up using ingame macros with /equipset its not as bad as before.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-11 04:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have rules on hand to define the delay in the gearswap itself instead of relying on external input?
Personally I'm not really looking forward to go back to macros.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 05:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think there's a manual command/setting to change delays from within the Lua. But you can surely do it from the GS's internal Luas, like Byrth suggested above.

The problem lies in what I wrote above for problem number two.
Until we find out what the cause of that is, we cannot know which delay has to be changed. In one case there's a certain delay that needs to be shortened, if the cause is the other one then it's a delay that has to be lenghtened.
It's completely different and possibly two completely different lines as well.

So yeah, need to find if the cause of the wrong set during BP is a "too late" or a "too early".
First Page 2 3