Silent Hills Cancelled
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-05-29 16:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kira Samishii said: »
Lakshmi.Jaerik said: »

If the gaming market shifts to mobile games, I'm going to flip a ***...
If? It already has. iOS and Android games are being pumped out and being bought up like crazy.

Even Square is getting in on it by porting older FF games and creating new side titles (War of the Lions, Record Keeper, Dimensions and 1/2/3/4/4-2/5/6) for Android and iOS. Not to mention the apparent Mobile FFXI and that new Final Fantasy mobile title I can't recall the name of.
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-05-29 17:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lolsteamconsole
By Jetackuu 2015-05-29 18:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A Wild Jaerik appears!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-05-29 19:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobile gaming is here. It was inevitable. It's extremely cheap, nearly instant return of profits, and it reaches an immense audience compared to consoles. You can make a game out of your garage that makes thousands of dollars if you had the knowhow.

Think about it, how many people do you know without a phone or tablet? Now how many people do you know who haven't bought or don't plan to buy a PS4/XBone? The mobile platform casts a wider net, and the model associated with it attracts far more people due to the low cost entry fee.

I honest don't have a problem with the mobile gaming market. If they adapted it to other platforms and managed to somehow improve the quality of the games (similar to what SE is trying to do) without inflating production costs and running into the same issues as AAA development, then I wouldn't be opposed to seeing lower cost, overall lower investment to entry games.

Just don't make me play Farmville or Bejweled.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-29 19:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobile gaming is how SE righted the ship and it looks like Konami is now following suit. I have no problem with mobile gaming, if companies think its more profitable to go that route, thats their choice, its not like they are in it for charity.
Konami needs to do something else, Metal Gear is their only good franchise right now and if they need to step away from consoles for a bit go ahead, the gaming community will be fine, especially with MGS V coming out this year.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-05-29 20:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Konami needs to do something else, Metal Gear is their only good franchise right now and if they need to step away from consoles for a bit go ahead, the gaming community will be fine, especially with MGS V coming out this year.
They have Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer. I believe it's a more important franchise than MG.

If anyone is interested in having a deeper look into the graph Jaerik provided, here's the original article.