The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 149 150 151
By tyalangan 2017-08-10 17:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya'll lazy. The last few pages are littered with sets..
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-10 17:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but there is only one right set. for each.

It'd be great if the main page would be updated so no one has to ask.
 Asura.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2017-08-10 17:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Thanks Tor
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-08-11 08:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kogasho said: »
Thanks Tor

Coupla changes. apogee +1 body and legs for magic pacts, especially considering you should be using 5/5 merit pacts.

4/5 or 5/5 helios is technically better (so is merlinic, again technically) but they both require literally perfect augments. Helios needs 7 bpd and 8 da to beat apogee, the third aug can be atk or acc.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-08-11 16:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I talked with Rooks the other day. He said it's very easy for him to update privileges for editing the first page, but someone just has to get motivated to do it and ask him for the reigns.

This would be true for all of the job guides, if that's something people are interested in taking over.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-08-15 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a gearswap, I have asked several main summoner folks here via PM, don't know if they still play or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nite
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-08-15 13:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Looking for a gearswap, I have asked several main summoner folks here via PM, don't know if they still play or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nite

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-15 16:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
Asura.Kogasho said: »
Thanks Tor

Coupla changes. apogee +1 body and legs for magic pacts, especially considering you should be using 5/5 merit pacts.

4/5 or 5/5 helios is technically better (so is merlinic, again technically) but they both require literally perfect augments. Helios needs 7 bpd and 8 da to beat apogee, the third aug can be atk or acc.

Frod must be high. I like Tor's sets except the Merlinic head on physical. Why not not Apogee+1?

Helios head* and because it's a 2% dps gain. and 2% may as well be 1000.

Apogee is fine, #augmentssuckballs
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-08-15 17:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you getting this 2% from?

And yeah I deleted my post 20 seconds after hitting submit when I saw it was Helios and not Merlinic. I don't know how you caught it so fast, but whatever I still like Tor's sets better than full Helios or full Merlinic
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-08-15 19:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And yeah I deleted my post 20 seconds after hitting submit when I saw it was Helios and not Merlinic. I don't know how you caught it so fast, but whatever I still like Tor's sets better than full Helios or full Merlinic

On pacts like volt strike, our main bread and butter on 90% of content now, 1 BPD is worth like a .35% damage increase, 1 Da is worth like .55%. Pergatory did a calculator in this thread for it.

Adding them up, Helios beats Apogee on 4 slots. however, due to the set bonus of apogee, 5/5 helios beats out 5/5 apogee even though apogee legs with set bonus would beat out helios legs.

On the merlinic side, A perfect merlinic augment includes 15 of a stat on top of the 10 bpd and 30 atk/acc. Since BPs have a stat modifier to them, that should help merlinic to pull ahead of apogee in at least 3 of the slots, possibly 4 (work out 15 stat vs 2 bpd of feet, i'm going based on assumption there).
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-15 19:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

On pacts like volt strike, our main bread and butter on 90% of content now, 1 BPD is worth like a .35% damage increase, 1 Da is worth like .55%. Pergatory did a calculator in this thread for it.

Adding them up, Helios beats Apogee on 4 slots. however, due to the set bonus of apogee, 5/5 helios beats out 5/5 apogee even though apogee legs with set bonus would beat out helios legs.

On the merlinic side, A perfect merlinic augment includes 15 of a stat on top of the 10 bpd and 30 atk/acc. Since BPs have a stat modifier to them, that should help merlinic to pull ahead of apogee in at least 3 of the slots, possibly 4 (work out 15 stat vs 2 bpd of feet, i'm going based on assumption there).

So what your saying is on Volt strike Gria > was+1 since Gria would give 8.25% and was+1 is only 8.75, but gria also has an acc/att advantage?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-08-15 20:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
So what your saying is on Volt strike Gria > was+1 since Gria would give 8.25% and was+1 is only 8.75, but gria also has an acc/att advantage?

Girdarvor? it's close second to Was+1.
 Asura.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2017-08-15 20:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the main augments people should aim for on Helios?
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2017-08-15 20:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

BPD+7, DA+8%, some ppl swear that attack as close to cap (30) as
possible. atm i have head with maxed cap and feets with max cap but acc instead of attack. *until i get the apogee+1 feets.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2017-08-16 18:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Geneyus said: »
I talked with Rooks the other day. He said it's very easy for him to update privileges for editing the first page, but someone just has to get motivated to do it and ask him for the reigns.

This would be true for all of the job guides, if that's something people are interested in taking over.
I had converted the original guide into a node when that became a thing around here, and thought that nodes could be edited by anyone? I do see at some point my OP was modified as there are images added I never put in when I first authored it.

It's also stickied so if anyone wants to take that over by all means...

While I do come to this site every now and again I don't play anymore with the same intensity required to keep a reliable guide up to date.

I'm just happy people read these guides and stopped full timing AF1 (AF1+0 that is.)
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-08-16 19:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I may take a look at updating it sometime if you wouldn't mind. That would help a lot of the people asking for up to date gearsets all the time lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-16 22:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is only true when avatar is acc capped. Also, if you can make acc>dmg swaps as a result of using gridarvor, that has to be factored into the difference as well. Realistically, Was+1 is pointless and will rarely be any significant amount better than gridarvor. Save your gil for a Nirvana.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-08-17 17:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
This is only true when avatar is acc capped. Also, if you can make acc>dmg swaps as a result of using gridarvor, that has to be factored into the difference as well. Realistically, Was+1 is pointless and will rarely be any significant amount better than gridarvor. Save your gil for a Nirvana.

Acc ~should~ be capped on everything except like... master trials.
Gridarvor has more acc than Was+1 too. (don't forget the aug!)

I agree though that Was+1 is a wasted downpayment on a Nirvana.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-17 17:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know cap augs you can get on Grio?
Griv is amazing for a non mythic but not sure where to stop for grio augs. 2000+ stones down and only +9bdp with junk augs
By Trigue 2017-08-17 19:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Skepticism to the rescue! I'm no math wiz but... I don't see how Helios Spats with 7 bpd, 8% dbl att, and 30 acc or att would beat out Apogee pants +1 path D. Assuming a situation where acc and att is capped you have 7 bpd, 8% dbl att (Helios Spats) vs 20 STR, 21 bpd, 4% dbl att (Apogee Slacks +1 path D). Using those approximate values (.35 for each bpd, .55 for each dbl att) 7x.35=2.45 and 8x.55=4.4 totaling 6.85 whereas the sum of 21x.35=7.35 is greater alone. The dbl att on Apogee Slacks +1 path D would only set it further apart from Helios spats, not to mention the 20 STR which adds more dmg to BP's such as Volt Strike. Afaik Apogee Slacks +1 path D are BiS regardless of its set bonus.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-08-17 20:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Trigue said: »
Skepticism to the rescue! I'm no math wiz but... I don't see how Helios Spats with 7 bpd, 8% dbl att, and 30 acc or att would beat out Apogee pants +1 path D. Assuming a situation where acc and att is capped you have 7 bpd, 8% dbl att (Helios Spats) vs 20 STR, 21 bpd, 4% dbl att (Apogee Slacks +1 path D). Using those approximate values (.35 for each bpd, .55 for each dbl att) 7x.35=2.45 and 8x.55=4.4 totaling 6.85 whereas the sum of 21x.35=7.35 is greater alone. The dbl att on Apogee Slacks +1 path D would only set it further apart from Helios spats, not to mention the 20 STR which adds more dmg to BP's such as Volt Strike. Afaik Apogee Slacks +1 path D are BiS regardless of its set bonus.

Helios Spats has an additional 6 bpd that isn't augmented.

Edit: the difference between Helios Spats and Apogee +1 on paper is like .05% in favor of apogee +1 w/o set bonus. This doesn't take into account the STR, which is a modifier for volt strike.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-08-18 09:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen Helios Spats beat Apogee Slacks +1 no matter how I've run the numbers, even ignoring the Pet:STR. You sure that wasn't a mistake like you forgot about the 4 DA on the Slacks when you did the math?

You're effectively giving up 8 BP damage to gain only 4 DA. If that's a valuable trade-off, Domesticator's should beat Gelos as well.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-08-18 11:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I've never seen Helios Spats beat Apogee Slacks +1 no matter how I've run the numbers, even ignoring the Pet:STR. You sure that wasn't a mistake like you forgot about the 4 DA on the Slacks when you did the math?

You're effectively giving up 8 BP damage to gain only 4 DA. If that's a valuable trade-off, Domesticator's should beat Gelos as well.

Using your calculator from earlier in the thread, calculating with an entire gear set and just swapping those two pieces.

Apogee +1 legs w/o set bonus vs helios 7/8 aug. Calc has those two be a difference of like .05% in favor of apogee. This doesn't take into account any other stats on either piece, just the bpd and da. the STR alone should push apogee much further due to str mod on volt.

Gelos narrowly beats out domesticators, By like .1%? (1.75% vs 1.65%)
By Trigue 2017-08-18 15:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well boogers... I did say I'm no math wiz and didn't even notice the additional bpd on Helios Spats. Thanks for catching that Frod :)
By zaxtiss 2017-08-18 15:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

hi all i'm looking into gearing smn and i was wondering what is a good alt to nirvana for physical Blood pacts
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-18 15:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
hi all i'm looking into gearing smn and i was wondering what is a good alt to nirvana for physical Blood pacts

[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-08-18 15:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

are you saying there isnt any good alts for nirvana?
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-18 16:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry man, I had to troll a little.

You have options: Was, Gridarvor, Grioavolr (Augmented) etc, but don't waste your money on a Was+1. Just save your money until you can afford a Nirvana (if that's your end game plan).
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-18 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gridarvor is a GREAT alternative to Nirvana. Summoners are lucky to have such an easy to get, powerful alternative to their best weapon.
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 149 150 151