The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 150 151 152
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-01 08:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52561-Blood-Pact-Attribute-Data?p=595971#post595971

Cool~!

I wish they had told us the modifier potencies. We know that the known single mods and known double mods have different potencies, but so far (IIRC) all single modes are 30% and the one double mod is something like 15%/15%. Needs some testing, but this helps.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-01 18:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Skies said: »
Just started working on my SMN so not used to pet augments.
Was augmenting Merlinic Hands with Taupe Stones ended up with a funny looking results, is this normal?

That is pretty sweet , but it's too bad I always want to roll BP+10 as my base stat before looking at the other bonuses. Once you roll that BP+10 I don't see very high numbers, maybe +15-20 stat 1 and +10-15 stat 2 on a very good roll.
By minikomby 2017-05-03 16:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

upgrading some BP sets for smn

do you mind posting some BP sets for physical and magic?

i post mine in a couple mins, when i find how to do it!
By minikomby 2017-05-03 17:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my post about Physical

thik apogee pumps +1 is better for stuff dont need the acc convoker's shoes +3

so are my dastnas gloves better than apogee +1?

improve

SMN Physical BP
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-03 18:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »

improve

SMN Physical BP

Apogee +1 feet
Lugalbanda Earring
HQ rings
Incarnation Sash

Merlinic hands with a decent augment are much better than Apogee +1.

Perfect Helios Is better in some slots, i use it on head, but it's a difference of maybe .2-.5%

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346306
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-03 19:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Regal Belt Acc./M.Acc/R.Acc bonus scale with more +2/+3 convoker's pieces? Or is it a one flat +15 bonus as long as there is 1 other piece of convoker's +2/+3?

If so, since Convoker's body +3 is a must have already , the belt is mighty tempting for BPs where double attack proc doesn't matter

It also adds a big chunk of HP to offset the apogee +1 -HP malus, which can be a killer.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-03 19:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Does Regal Belt Acc./M.Acc/R.Acc bonus scale with more +2/+3 convoker's pieces? Or is it a one flat +15 bonus as long as there is 1 other piece of convoker's +2/+3?

If so, since Convoker's body +3 is a must have already , the belt is mighty tempting for BPs where double attack proc doesn't matter

It also adds a big chunk of HP to offset the apogee +1 -HP malus, which can be a killer.
Thanks to November, all the level 70s physical pacts except for flaming crush matter.

The set bonus is +15 acc per piece. (2 is 15, 3 is 30, etc)
 Quetzalcoatl.Chalek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chalek
By Quetzalcoatl.Chalek 2017-05-03 22:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
minikomby said: »

improve

SMN Physical BP

Apogee +1 feet
Lugalbanda Earring
HQ rings
Incarnation Sash

Merlinic hands with a decent augment are much better than Apogee +1.

Perfect Helios Is better in some slots, i use it on head, but it's a difference of maybe .2-.5%

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346306

i was thinking abou that Apogee pumps +1: augmnets are +35 attack for physical, i got a piar for magic already but really i wasnt sure how good they were with the revemp af +3

i will be upgrading earring when i get it... and eventually rings +1

also for BP with high acc i think convoker' will be good option, what you think?

your advice was very good

i will post my magical set tomorrow

btw what kind of augmnets are the best for Dastanas to beat apogee gloves +1? and you think my augmnets on dastanas are good enough to beat Apogee +1 right now?
By Brynach 2017-05-03 23:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Was augmenting Merlinic Hands with Taupe Stones ended up with a funny looking results, is this normal?

That is pretty sweet , but it's too bad I always want to roll BP+10 as my base stat before looking at the other bonuses. Once you roll that BP+10 I don't see very high numbers, maybe +15-20 stat 1 and +10-15 stat 2 on a very good roll.

This is what I have been using for quite a while now. Took more stones than I care to try to remember.
[+]
By Brynach 2017-05-03 23:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chalek said: »
btw what kind of augmnets are the best for Dastanas to beat apogee gloves +1?

Both of these would be examples of Dastanas that would beat Apogee Gloves +1. I have both for when im good on acc and also when I feel like I could use a bit more.

By minikomby 2017-05-04 13:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys

Posting my magic set

i need to know what you guys think about body and hands mainly
im not sure if that+32 mab for pet is better or not than 6-7 bp from convoker's body +3

i know sideupgrades are earring and rings hehe
SMN MAGIC
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-04 14:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In balanced gear, 1 bpd is equal to about 2.5 mab. Convokers +3 usuallt is worth about 20 mab less than apogee +1.
By minikomby 2017-05-04 15:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In balanced gear, 1 bpd is equal to about 2.5 mab. Convokers +3 usuallt is worth about 20 mab less than apogee +1.

if my maths are right so
convoker's is soomething like 40 mab converting bpdmg +16
while apogee is something like 55 (not counting bonus)

so my body is 54.5 mab being +32 from augments is 9 on BP

am i right?
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-04 16:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who uses helios boots for physical bps? I have them augmented bp-7 patt-25 p:da-6. I prefer them to hq apogee and toss stones at them ocasionally trying to up the da as it goes to 8.
By minikomby 2017-05-04 17:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Helios is spike dmg vs apogee constant dmg

on my opinion
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-04 17:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

With FTP transferring across hits, and the DA having multiple chances to proc, 6 DA just seems vastly superior to me than 3 BP Dmg. And I like using the foot slot to get in the extra Double Attack, as you don't give up base acc/att like on the head which has accuracy on the pre augmented piece.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-05-05 09:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The math says that with ideal gear, Helios Boots with 7 BPD and 8 DA should beat Apogee Pumps +1 in the long run, and in fact Helios Gloves should even beat a perfect Merlinic Dastanas... each Helios piece winning by about +2% on overall damage. (Edit: Yes this takes into account losing the Apogee+1 set bonus since you're now only wearing the pants.)

That said, it's very much spike dmg versus consistent damage like minikomby said.

And then there's Nirvana AM3. With AM3 up, Apogee Pumps +1 absolutely destroy the Helios Boots.

Me & Remys have both played with using more Helios pieces when AM3 is down but we always seem to end up going back to Apogee Pumps +1 and Merlinic Dastanas.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-05-05 11:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
The math says that with ideal gear, Helios Boots with 7 BPD and 8 DA should beat Apogee Pumps +1 in the long run, and in fact Helios Gloves should even beat a perfect Merlinic Dastanas... each Helios piece winning by about +2% on overall damage.

That said, it's very much spike dmg versus consistent damage like minikomby said.

And then there's Nirvana AM3. With AM3 up, Apogee Pumps +1 absolutely destroy the Helios Boots.

Me & Remys have both played with using more Helios pieces when AM3 is down but we always seem to end up going back to Apogee Pumps +1 and Merlinic Dastanas.

Don't listen to any of this! Everyone knows the set below is the go-to armor for today's end game. :)

[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-05 13:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »
The math says that with ideal gear, Helios Boots with 7 BPD and 8 DA should beat Apogee Pumps +1 in the long run, and in fact Helios Gloves should even beat a perfect Merlinic Dastanas... each Helios piece winning by about +2% on overall damage.

Don't listen to any of this! Everyone knows the set below is the go-to armor for today's end game. :)

I'm 4/5 that damn set.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-05 17:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Something to keep in mind, I know most people around here have a Nirvana. For you - outside of AM, DA rates are pretty low so it really is a spike damage vs consistency issue.

Gridarvor, though (Am I the only scrub who actually uses and gets pretty good mileage out of this weapon?) comes with 15% Pet: DA. Making a few accomodations to get in a bit more DA (I use Helios Boots and Domesticator's Earring), combined with the DA pieces you are naturally using anyway - and 4 hit Volt Strikes/Predator Claws actually become the most common outcome I get, and they are quite potent. It feels much more like a core part of my damage strategy, than a Hail Mary for nice spike damage.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-06 00:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Brynach said: »

This is what I have been using for quite a while now. Took more stones than I care to try to remember.

Holy ***that's amazing! Fern?

Thanks to November, all the level 70s physical pacts except for flaming crush matter.

The set bonus is +15 acc per piece. (2 is 15, 3 is 30, etc)

I thought DA was only desirable for the multi-hit BPs as the extra hit will get boosted. If DA procs on single hit Lvl 70 bps like Spinning Dive, does the modifier apply on the 2nd hit too? The notes only mentioned
Eclipse Bite / Double Punch / Predator Claws / Rush / Chaotic Strike / Volt Strike
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-06 10:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought DA was only desirable for the multi-hit BPs as the extra hit will get boosted. If DA procs on single hit Lvl 70 bps like Spinning Dive, does the modifier apply on the 2nd hit too? The notes only mentioned
Eclipse Bite / Double Punch / Predator Claws / Rush / Chaotic Strike / Volt Strike

Nope, but it's not like we should be using those pacts outside of skillchain properties. Its been pretty much "volt strike all the things" ever since november.
By Brynach 2017-05-06 13:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***that's amazing! Fern?

Yeah, that's from trading ferns.
By jopa 2017-05-06 18:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its been pretty much "volt strike all the things" ever since november.
Speaking of that, did anyone give Chaotic Strike the Tail Whip treatment and group it under an enfeebling set, that way Ramuh has 2 high MACC Stuns in case of anything?
 Ragnarok.Fcube
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fcube
By Ragnarok.Fcube 2017-05-07 11:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to wake up your avatar if it is slept?
By Zubis 2017-05-07 12:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Been away for a few months. Is Convoker's +3 the best for Mgk BPs or just Phys BPs? Looks like both but just to be sure...
By Zubis 2017-05-07 12:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fcube said: »
Is there a way to wake up your avatar if it is slept?

Recast?
By jopa 2017-05-07 15:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Been away for a few months. Is Convoker's +3 the best for Mgk BPs or just Phys BPs? Looks like both but just to be sure...
Just physical and possibly Flaming Crush. Even NQ Apogee should beat Convoker's +3 for magical BPs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-07 15:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

jopa said: »
Zubis said: »
Just physical and possibly Flaming Crush. Even NQ Apogee should beat Convoker's +3 for magical BPs.

I dunno man...that's a ton of magic accuracy (45) to give up for what is going to amount only just a small amount of damage.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-07 16:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're worried about magic accuracy, a good Merlinic Jubbah can provide high macc and BPD while also bringing a good amount of MAB, too.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 150 151 152