The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 149 150 151
By Verda 2017-02-01 17:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He's still putting it together before he shares :D And you're not getting mine it's patchwork gear from other jobs >.> A great garland set is always on my todo list but rarely gets added to :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 17:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
We discussed it last page actually here is Papesse's post:

He didn't do Ifrit though.
Excellent, thanks. Still curious about the testing methodology and sample size for Ifrit and Ramuh. I have a sneaking suspicion that their values actually match across all tiers; if further testing is required one could likely begin by testing for equivalence at one or two tiers and then knock out the remainder on just one if that hypothesis pans out.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-01 17:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I am using atm. There is a lot of room for improvement. Shiva ring +1, crematio earring or novio earring, merlinic jubbah still need one of these :(, and I'm sure the almaric +1 set would be better than merlinic.

Int+30, macc +20, magic damage +20, weaponskill damage +10% on the back.

ItemSet 349148

probably something like this for max? Merlinic Hood may beat Amalric coif +1.
ItemSet 349286
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 17:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Anyone have weatherspoon ring and can test it with garland of bliss? Obi + weather works but I just want to make sure weatherspoon works before I consider trading in my current ring (99% sure it does). I'm still working on my GoB set but I have it hitting around 10k on fodder mobs with weather and around 12k with weather + shiva's favor.

I don't have a great set for garland or nuking really either but tested changing nq fenrir for weatherspoon, tp doesn't matter since tp doesn't add damage:

7276 damage with fenrir nq in reisenjima on a mosquito
8846 damage with weatherspoon, same mosquito

So ya works :D first resist state is 1/2 so that's all it could really be.
That's a >10% difference. Given that it's just now Firesday as I post this; I'd guess you had a Darksday proc on the first WS?

(math still checks out for Weatherspoon once you adjust for day proc and Fenrir's MAB)
By Verda 2017-02-01 17:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Excellent, thanks. Still curious about the testing methodology and sample size for Ifrit and Ramuh. I have a sneaking suspicion that their values actually match across all tiers; if further testing is required one could likely begin by testing for equivalence at one or two tiers and then knock out the remainder on just one if that hypothesis pans out.

Sure np :) You'd have to ask Papesse to post his data/methods he might when he sees this.

This is what I am using atm. There is a lot of room for improvement. Shiva Ring +1, Crematio Earring, Merlinic Jubbah still need one of these :(, and I'm sure the almaric +1 set would be better than merlinic.

Can Merlinic get wsd? If so it might pull ahead just really hard to get MAB + WSD. Merlinic with at least 23 mab aug beats Gyve too. (your set still way better than mine xD)
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-01 17:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I used the 100% critical hit rate method in abyssea for Ramuh's Favor and indeed there is no systematic increase on every tier.
As for Ifrit's Favor, the tests I did took place years ago and were only an estimation, I was only interested to see if the potency was as strong as Ramuh's Favor. I also think they have identical values but this would require proper testing to confirm.
[+]
By Verda 2017-02-01 17:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
That's a >10% difference. Given that it's just now Firesday as I post this, I'd guess you had a day proc on one or the other?
Ya xD definitely did.
Did it again, firesday now:
8846 with Weatherspoon
8070 with Fenrir

Thanks for spotting that.
 Odin.Warusha
Server: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-02-01 18:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I am using atm. There is a lot of room for improvement. Shiva ring +1, crematio earring or novio earring, merlinic jubbah still need one of these :(, and I'm sure the almaric +1 set would be better than merlinic.

Int+30, macc +20, magic damage +20, weaponskill damage +10% on the back.

ItemSet 349148

probably something like this for max? Merlinic Hood may beat Amalric coif +1.
ItemSet 349286
Are you sure the shiva ring +1 beats leviathan +1? I have the tears to make the leviathan ring if I should... and I think it's the correct dMnd stat.

Also what's the magic attack +7 trait on Elan Strap +1? What does that even do?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-01 18:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about shiva ring vs leviathan ring. mab and int still boost garland of bliss quite a bit even though it's a str/mnd mod. Was also thinking about rufescent ring since I have one laying around.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 18:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

INT doesn't affect Garland at all, it uses dMND.

Are you sure Elan isn't MAB? Other items from the same update (Arasy Rod and Staff, along with their +1s) also have "Magic Attack", but just looking at the item text on those it seems clear that it's really just an oddball translation for MAB, not unlike a few other stats (quick magic comes to mind) that have had multiple translations over the years. Likewise for the gifts that add MAB.

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I used the 100% critical hit rate method in abyssea for Ramuh's Favor and indeed there is no systematic increase on every tier.
As for Ifrit's Favor, the tests I did took place years ago and were only an estimation, I was only interested to see if the potency was as strong as Ramuh's Favor. I also think they have identical values but this would require proper testing to confirm.
Cool, appreciate the info.
[+]
 Odin.Warusha
By Odin.Warusha 2017-02-01 18:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the wiki, I believe that INT should not contribute to damage. MAB is still nice, however.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-01 18:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh never knew that, I always thought Int translated into MAB for everything. Also it seems like the magic attack 7 is actually mab +7.
466 water with grip on in idle set
436 water with grip off in idle set

Now the question is does 4 mab beat 9 mnd and does 6 mnd 6 str beat 9 mnd? Rufescent should be very close (I think it very slightly falls behind) to Leviathan +1 and it's a free option.
rufescent ring, Leviathan ring +1, acumen ring
 Odin.Warusha
By Odin.Warusha 2017-02-01 19:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My free option right now is Stinky Ring +1. I have 32 leviathan tears right now so I just need to buy some rhodium for the levia rings.
By Kizachi 2017-02-01 20:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got my Mythic, been a long time main job SMN since back in 2006. Just wanted to thank everyone in the SMN community that contributes, you guys are the best!

[+]
By Verda 2017-02-01 21:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations! :D
By SMN4LIFE 2017-02-01 22:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats buddy.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-01 22:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats!
Jealous of that Carbie cap. I keep missing it :(
By Kizachi 2017-02-01 23:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I got it from the last Mog Bonanza. It was a rank 5 prize I believe.

P.S. just got Adad amulet+Shulmanu neck tonight. (don't hate me)
 Odin.Warusha
By Odin.Warusha 2017-02-02 01:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Brixy I just realized that you put INT 30 on your back. Can a needle change that? If not, I'm so sorry.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-02 16:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We got an Udug Jacket in the LS the other day (congrats to Perg!) and he's been messing around with it for Garland of Bliss. I'll ask him to post the build for it.

It's obviously a niche build centered around the safety and survival of SMN's running in to do Garland (which is especially dangerous for top tier content), but I think it's still useful and relevant.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-02 17:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. I had a bunch of needles saved up already and used 2 to change it to 30 mnd lol. Also changed my ring to weatherspoon today.

I tested some of the rings. rufescent ring beats acumen ring by around 50ish damage and I'm guessing Leviathan +1 would barely beat Rufescent. Also the difference between /sch for weather and /rdm is extremely small and not worth it. /sch and aurorastorm only added around 300 damage once you factor in the mab loss from /rdm. /rdm and getting Aurorastorm I or II from someone would be the best bet.

12k Blisses are pretty nice though :o
[+]
By Verda 2017-02-02 17:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm hmm, I wonder what it'd do with idris blaze + ecliptic malaise + acumen. Could be possible to break the 30k ws in omen though might fall short sadly. Still, not bad for melee smn :P
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-02-02 21:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
We got an Udug Jacket in the LS the other day (congrats to Perg!) and he's been messing around with it for Garland of Bliss. I'll ask him to post the build for it.

It's obviously a niche build centered around the safety and survival of SMN's running in to do Garland (which is especially dangerous for top tier content), but I think it's still useful and relevant.

Here's the aforementioned build:

ItemSet 349304

The Crackows have PDT-2 Refresh+2, Dark Ring has PDT-5 MDT-4. In total the set has 43 PDT and 30 MDT. Shell4 or higher will cap MDT.

I'm tempted to take it further, but these were just the pieces I already had. It still has capped perp down and +8 refresh so there's plenty of wiggle room to pick up more PDT I just don't know the best way to go about it yet.

Edit: Actually 41 PDT without the grip, which I wouldn't have equipped if I was going for AM3. The grip is only included for when the set is being used for general purpose DT which is pretty rare. So far I've only found myself using the set for Domain Invasion and to get AM up.
[+]
 Odin.Sneakky
By Odin.Sneakky 2017-02-03 23:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys! We just did a 5 man Zerg on Schah. Went PLD, Geo, SMN x3. Did a prebuff with Beast/Drachen Crooked Card 11's. Runeist and Companions. Idris Geo Bolstered Frailty/Torpor and intrusted Vex.

We didn't get a chance to take a video, but will do so in a few days.

[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-02-03 23:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just 5 manned Schah.
smn x3, pld, geo.
prebuff corsair rolls with a bst in party for crooked 11 beast and drachen, runeist and companions. pop astral flow, apogee, amnesia screen and super revit before spawn.
pop mob, geos use bolstered frailty and torpor, dia 2. smns land 3k garland and assault, wait for bubbles/dia and then volt strike > apogee > volt strike x2 > conduit volt.

Wipe risks are knockback and aoe amnesia, mitigate them by assaulting pet and using amnesia screen with resummoning pet.

Everything needs to be done in quick succession because at 1 minute his second add spawns and cuts his damage taken to 1/10th
[+]
By Draylo 2017-02-03 23:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really a 5 man when you use 6 including COR buffs which are pretty big, not that its a big deal but just saying.
[+]
By Verda 2017-02-04 00:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice congrats :D
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-04 00:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Impressive, well done.

Asura.Frod said: »
Wipe risks are knockback and aoe amnesia, mitigate them by assaulting pet and using amnesia screen with resummoning pet.
You can prevent Amnesia and other nasty debuffs with Odyllic Subterfuge or even take a second GEO for Bolster Vex since Schah's hp doesn't increase with a sixth participant.
[+]
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-02-04 00:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking more mewing with a 6th but that could work too.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-02-04 10:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Not really a 5 man when you use 6 including COR buffs which are pretty big, not that its a big deal but just saying.

To do 5 at pop is still notable since it means a 6th slot for a completely useless leech... a.k.a. anything not smn :v
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 149 150 151