New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Free FFXI period / Discount Campaign
Free FFXI period / Discount Campaign
By Pantafernando 2015-04-24 10:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing The Goddess's Gala! (04/22/2015)

In order to extend our appreciation to so many adventurers over the years, we hereby announce The Goddess's Gala, a celebration of thirteen years in Vana'diel!

To kick off this celebration, we will be holding the following campaigns:
- Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign
From Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 25 at the same hour.

- Discount Campaign
From Friday, May 1, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, June 1 at the same hour.

A special page detailing these campaigns will open on May 1.

Return home campaign is the free to play ffxi for a limited time. Anyone with inactive account can just log in and enjoy.

Discount campaign is the virtual copy of game sold with huge discounts. I believe last time it was $9.99 for entire game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-24 10:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn you made me think I could just not pay the sub fee.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-04-24 10:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If they made the new zones accessible during the free campaign it would be a lot more effective <.<;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-24 10:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

One free transfer for inactive players would help, too. I've got a couple friends who would pop in and have a look around, but not if they have to pony up the transfer fee just to hang out with me for a couple days.

I can't be the only one in that situation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-24 15:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Rooks, and want to add onto it.

Last time they had this discount and free return campaign, I was going to heartily jump ship to a more lively server, but SE has it setup where you HAVE to have an active paid sub to even give them the $8 for a server hop. What would have probably enticed me and a few of my pals was locked behind a pay barrier that ultimately ended up about $20+ in fees.

SE just doesn't get that people don't like playing on low population servers, or they get it so well that they dangle that golden world ticket in hopes someone bites.

Will they have that silly deal where they offer access to SoA areas for a week or two to the people that haven't bought it, but bait and switch it again where only paid subs without SoA get that free access for a week? I know I ended up buying a friend a copy of SoA on the cheap during one of the prior campaigns due to that caveat, since he was a free inactive at the time.
[+]