Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Alluvion Cirdas Skirmish
Alluvion Cirdas Skirmish
By lhova 2015-04-19 12:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I konw that this topic may have been covered (but I couldn't find it) but I'm thinking of delving into this content due to my growing hatred for Yorcia (decent dusk is so rare). So a fwe questions, what would be the ideal setup and item used if I want primarily snow dim and slit and whats the most cost effective tier to use?

I normally prefer doing a split cost 555 Yorcia Alluvion (I tend to at least break even without any dusk drops because of the +2's that are almost guaranteed) but when I spam 333's there are a lot of times that I don't get my gil back or wanted drops. I read on the forums that Cirda's is sxtremely more profitable but I'm not sure.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-19 23:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For Cirdas and Rala, the Eudaemon weapon matches the preferred stone reward type just like in Yorcia. It also causes an NM to appear that generally just get in the way, and letting them live, or killing them, can change things about the enemies in the zone. For example, I think Blade in Cirdas makes a Peiste appear that when killed, causes all enemies to be permanently poisoned, and thus unsleepable.

For jobs, like anything else in the game, there's no perfect setup, but bear in mind a few things:
- Regular enemies (Stormy Auchthons or whatever) are sight and/or sound aggro, so have everyone bring some form of sneak/invis, whether it's /DNC or silent oils. All NMs are true sight though, and everything links.
- The worst attacks the NMs can do are elemental in nature (both damage and bad status), so jobs like RUN, GEO, WHM, or stunners are very useful. This includes fighting Balamor, which'll happen more on higher tier visages.
- If she appears, Lorissa can be used to move on to the next floor if you don't like the objective. She won't do anything if you've popped the floor's NM though.
- Behemoth NM uses Thunder, fight in the back to avoid it using Howl, which levels it up.
- Bugard NM uses Earth, keep mages back to avoid Breakga.
- Golem NM uses Fire, nothing really special about him except high DoT Burn on one move.
- Fat Gnat NMuses Ice, and has Chainspell, favoring Blizzaga.
- Balamor uses Dark, I've heard people say he uses Chainspell but I remember seeing him use Perfect Dodge once. Has a Doom WS, and I think he can cast Death.
By Mooserocka 2015-04-20 01:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cirdas is fun. When doing yorcia just do 321 you will always make profit anything more then 3 is a waste
By lhova 2015-04-21 07:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems like a lot on my server must be "scared" of cirdas because I cannever fill a group for it lol. Just seems like it might be the best option to get snows if you're gil deprived like me. Dusk is so rare from Yorcia now.