Anti-Vaccination Legislative Win In California

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-23 10:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Naturally I as a prophet would say that my prophecy is the last.

Lol. John doesn't say he is the last.
Got to love it when people discredit without the information.
The bible states the last prophet is john.
Revelations is written by john.
What more needs to be prophesied?
So, either you are incorrect, or the Bible is incorrect.

But if the Bible is incorrect, then you are automatically incorrect because you believe everything the Bible says.

But if you are incorrect, the Bible is incorrect because you based your reasoning by the Bible.

Which is it?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-23 11:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I can agree with most of that. I think most people who are religious want religion spoon-fed to them. Instead of putting a bunch of time into studying the background and roots of ancient scripture, why not find your local "one true church" and ask Pastor Bob of the 4th Chapter of the Rhode Island Espiscopalian Church what you need to know and blindly accept his answers?

People are lazy. It's a thing I've always found it interesting that people claim to be such devout *insert religion here* but aren't familiar with their holy books. Ask a Christian if they've read the Bible, which is pretty light reading compared to other religions and they'll be like:

TL;DR but Jesus loves me and I'm right.

So you're devout but haven't read your book? So whats the point of Church every Saturday/Sunday if you haven't even read the source material in its entirety? I don't even feel bad for Christians. Have you seen the stacks of books Eastern religions have? Holy TL;DR please abridge this immediately.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-23 11:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Are you seriously confusing ancient old testament with new testament? I realize they are often in the same physical book and that fanatical Christians like to quote from both willy nilly, but old and new testament are two radically different things. Hell the old testament is broken into multiple historical periods with each "book" having many authors and some spanning centuries. It's not even in chronological order.
Look. I want to be brief. I did not say the bible as we can buy it on a shelf today was written down by one guy who was trying to start a religion to control people.

Umm sounds like that is exactly what your saying.

The KJV of the bible isn't particularly accurate, the old testament is standard but they tweaked the tone of the new testament to be more "in line" with the church as the center of the universe thing. The new testament is really just a bunch of letters from the followers of Jesus that they wrote after his death, no more and no less. The old testament existed long before Christ was born, and certainly long before the various Nicaea counsels standardized the christian faith.

Find out what the dead sea scrolls are first and realize that they were written hundreds of years before Jesus was born and before any tampering by a centralized church. Then come back and try to argue that conspiracy theory bullsh!t.

On the back of this fact. Explain how the prophecy of the Jews not accepting and killing the very person they are supposed to have been waiting and suffering for, from the Old Testament came true.

The funny thing about prophecies is they can mean literally anything, twist one word here, interpret another word there, and suddenly you can prophesy an earthquake or volcano eruption. Because they rarely mention exact numbers they are impossible to falsify, and anything that's impossible to falsify is outside the realm of science which makes it of no concern to me.

This is a ridiculous remark. There's no twisting.
It states in the old testament that he would come and the Jews would denounce him and kill him.
And that's what happened. Even to this day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-23 11:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that's not much of a prophecy for a man who decides to upset the order of the time to be denounced and killed. That's pretty much common sense regardless of your time/place on Earth.

The story of Jesus to me is one of self-sacrifice amidst corruption in his day but that's detached from the divine elements that make you Christian.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-04-23 11:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

...and that's it for this Anti-Vax thread. Stay tuned for your next Anti-Vax thread to continue the onslaught of who is the better armchair expert.

/locked
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17