Who Else Thinks Monthly Updates Are Already Done?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who else thinks monthly updates are already done?
Who else thinks monthly updates are already done?
By Mookies 2015-04-12 23:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been getting monthly updates for quite some time, give or take a week or two.

My prediction is we'll get 3 updates to add the battle content, and that is it from here on out.

I mean, there could be info on the JP forums about the april update if there is one. The NA reps are *** terrible though, so we won't know till the day of if it's happening.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-04-12 23:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
(2:07:18~)

Recently we have been performing version updates every month, but in order to implement Rhapsodies of Vana’diel we will be making changes and performing version updates two times in a three month period. However, in between this time period we will be able to address minor things. The next version update is scheduled for mid-May, and we will also welcome in the 14th anniversary of FINA FANTASY XI.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-04-12 23:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Figures. Thanks Skyfire.
By protectorchrono 2015-04-13 01:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
(2:07:18~)

Recently we have been performing version updates every month, but in order to implement Rhapsodies of Vana’diel we will be making changes and performing version updates two times in a three month period. However, in between this time period we will be able to address minor things. The next version update is scheduled for mid-May, and we will also welcome in the 14th anniversary of FINA FANTASY XI.

Knowing good ole' SE, Vagary was probably the last big update (new content wise) you guys will probably get, now that they are implementing/working on releasing the final content: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. That final content storyline is gonna tie in all the storyline stories since the beginning so I'm sure they are gonna be working on that like busy beavers more than making any new battle content.

Yep, from this, looks like Vagary was it, since they aren't gonna be making anymore version updates as frequently as before, which tells you that the final storyline content will take them some time to finish up in between the "3" parts of it they will be releasing every other month after May.

Also take note, that SE won't be making anymore content for FFXI after November, so that means with the release of Vagary, they will be taking a break from frequent major monthly updates to work on Rhapsodies of Vana'diel meaning no new major content during their periods of working on the final storyline. Yup, it's getting close to the midpoint of the year so...well...yeah.
By Mookies 2015-04-13 02:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be super surprised if they even stuck to the 2 updates per 3 months they said was the goal. Seems like my prediction is pretty much what we're going to get.

The May update will probably land near the end of May too, just to push that update clock back further.

It's really depressing because they've made serious improvements in the game over the past year. To see that all thrown out the window in an instant after some bigwig made the decision... pretty shitty. They could have easily found a way to revive the player base, 11 is still a unique game in the sea of MMO's that exist today.
[+]