Looking for a new server
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-11 20:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Everyone should just make a huge server-wide jump to Asura and make one big "super-server".

You buyin'? I'm not paying square more money. That's why they won't merge, more profit from that.

Paying for your own merging is telling square they're making the right choice. Keep your money, and force a merge.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-04-11 21:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone should just make a huge server-wide jump to Asura and make one big "super-server".

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Don't come to Asura!

We don't like change..
By Zubis 2015-04-11 22:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »

You buyin'? I'm not paying square more money. That's why they won't merge, more profit from that.

K. You stay on the most miserable of all FFXI servers then.

I have friends on Quez I'd almost be willing to pay to get them off the server.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-11 22:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
K. You stay on the most miserable of all FFXI servers then.

Wouldn't say it's the WORST... but yeah, top 3 for sure...
Zubis said: »
I have friends on Quez I'd almost be willing to pay to get them off the server.
IF square does another 1/2 off, that mass exodus may just happen. $36 is just unreasonable *shrug*.
By Cyleena 2015-04-12 00:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I have heard from someone that just transferred from Sylph server is the population there is extremely low. They said Asura has twice the amount of people then that server if not even more then that. If you want to come enjoy the trolls yelling and drama in town then Asura is the place to be!:)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-04-12 04:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

IF square does another 1/2 off, that mass exodus may just happen. $36 $18 per char is just unreasonable *shrug*.

Worse than paying $18 for transfer is paying $13 monthly not enjoying/regretting/etc.
By protectorchrono 2015-04-12 06:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyleena said: »
If you want to come enjoy the trolls yelling and drama in town then Asura is the place to be!:)

Asura is the "bad part of town" of FFXI.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-12 06:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no one told you anything about Valefor.
And that is cause there's no one on Valefor to tell you something about it. Don't bother unless you like intimacy.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-12 06:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

We have our fair amount of trolls on Asura but it is also very active compared to most other servers. At this point of the game's life, sadly you don't have many alternatives.
By protectorchrono 2015-04-12 12:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
We have our fair amount of trolls on Asura but it is also very active compared to most other servers. At this point of the game's life, sadly you don't have many alternatives.

Heh, if I was still playing, Asura would be the LAST server I'd chose to waste my money transferring too with the reputation that server has had over the years. If we're talking alternatives then Bahamut or Odin has around the same or close to the amount of players that Asura has. People need to know they are getting the bang for their buck and not wasting their cash going to a server they can't stand then regretting wasting their money going to said server.

Honestly OP, the only way to find the best server is to do some research on them. Everyone on this forum has varying opinions on which server is best and which is worse, but at the end of the day, it's YOU who has to decide which one you want to use your money to transfer too. Do your research and use your own judgment based on said research. Only way to see the worth of a server is to be on it for a bit. Only then, will you have a true answer to which is the best/worse server(s).
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-04-12 14:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You make it sound like Asura is the only server that has a hobo shouting everyday for free gil lol
By Luminohelix 2015-04-12 14:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is looking to come into Odin I would reconsider. The population is high, yes, but because it is mostly JP. I came into this server thinking there would be more NA EU but that wasn't the case. I wasn't looking for shouts in particular, I was looking for friendship and adventure. I made lot of JP friends and I can say that even though we did not speak the same language it was really nice to be around them.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-04-12 14:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
You make it sound like Asura is the only server that has a hobo shouting everyday for free gil lol

Haha, all servers has the occasional/everyday troll(s), etc shouting for free gil or some random argument over /yells, not just Asura, but I know about Asura and the rep it has and it has problems. Maybe an effect of overpopulation, elitism (SOME NOT ALL so don't get what I said twisted) and clash of egos? :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-12 14:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminohelix said: »
If anyone is looking to come into Odin I would reconsider. The population is high, yes, but because it is mostly JP. I came into this server thinking there would be more NA EU but that wasn't the case. I wasn't looking for shouts in particular, I was looking for friendship and adventure. I made lot of JP friends and I can say that even though we did not speak the same language it was really nice to be around them.

That's not entirely true... tryhard elitest would really consider Odin.

It's kinda going to that point where servers have different reasons to go to them.

If you purely wanted the population/faces/shouts you'd go asura, if you wanted anything else, you'd have to find the server that fits what you're looking for. Which is the point of this thread.

Not actually knowing for sure, Asura really would be the most reasonable server... I think it has a little bit/enough of everything.
By protectorchrono 2015-04-12 14:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you purely wanted the population/faces/shouts you'd go asura, if you wanted anything else, you'd have to find the server that fits what you're looking for. Which is the point of this thread.

Asura isn't the end all be all server. Odin and Bahamut have just as high population as Asura.
By Damane 2015-04-13 01:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

Asura isn't the end all be all server. Odin and Bahamut have just as high population as Asura.

was on both of them, Asura is way more active during EU prime time and NA time, even more active during JP prime time with non JP players
By protectorchrono 2015-04-13 01:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Damane said: »
protectorchrono said: »

was on both of them, Asura is way more active during EU prime time and NA time, even more active during JP prime time with non JP players

When exactly were you on both servers? I've been on them and they have about near if not just as much active people during NA/EU primetime. While I can't remember if Odin had more active in JP prime time, I know Bahamut is pretty active during JP primetime on some days.

Really, all 3 servers are neck and neck in terms of high population/active primetimes, not just Asura.
By Artzair 2015-04-13 01:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I would Say Asura, because why?
Because i know.
Flock all there.