A Guide To Configuring Xbox Controller For PC?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » A guide to configuring Xbox controller for PC?
A guide to configuring Xbox controller for PC?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-04-10 14:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading through some random threads, there appears to be a few ways to do this, but no actual instructions on how to get it done properly. I am attempting to configure my old PC to work exactly like the Xbox when FFXI plays for my dad. He has played on the xbox for many years and wants to be able to use triggers.

I read using joy2key is the way to go, but I don't see an option for triggers so it's getting confusing. This is a wired controller. Does anyone have this set up and are able to share their configuration? Thanks for any tips on this, it's already giving me a headache.
By Jadey 2015-04-10 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This will make a wired controller act wonky with stuff like Steam/Big Picture Mode but it works flawlessly with XI.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-04-10 14:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jadey said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

This will make a wired controller act wonky with stuff like Steam/Big Picture Mode but it works flawlessly with XI.

Thanks I will give it a shot. I don't think my dad cares so long as it works exactly how it does on Xbox. He doesn't like change. :p
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-04-10 15:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't seem to work. Followed the video and got XBCD installed as it should, but the controller is not recognized by XBCD Setup Utility at all.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-04-10 15:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Seems that when I try to install it as XBCD it isn't recognized and labels the Xbox Controller as an "Unknown Device" in Device Manager until I take it out and plug it back in again. Doesn't seem to be installing as it should. In the video you get two options at the bottom of the list of possible drivers and I only seem to have one. Not sure if that matters are not.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-04-10 16:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't seem to get this to work with XBCD. Just won't recognize the controller in the setup utility.

Anyone have experience with setting this up with Joy2Key?
 Quetzalcoatl.Degue
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Degue
By Quetzalcoatl.Degue 2015-04-10 17:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using windows 7 or 8? XBCD worked great with windows xp but 7 was tricky to get setup. I don't think it works with 8. If I recall right you have to run windows 7 in test mode and override the signature enforcement.
By Namonaki 2015-04-10 18:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use wireless, I bought an $18 Microsoft 360 adapter off Amazon. Plug it in, let Windows ( I used 7) install drivers, sync the devices and you're good. Go into XI Config and calibrate the controller and you're good to go.

I also use it for Steam games as well :)

Edit: I saw the triggers but, natively, don't think it is possible. I switched from triggers to buttons for macros and gone from there. Sorry.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-04-11 06:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it working eventually. Used JoyToKey but had to change a setting in the options so it could see the back triggers as well. After that it was just a matter of getting the right keys assigned, and change the sensitivity of the sticks.