Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-10-06 18:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
FINAL *** FANTASY ELEVEN!!!!!!!
January + Moonspeak.
There'll likely be an event a month or two before that, same as they did with XIV. That way it gives people a character or two and some equipment they can use for Record Synergy in the story dungeons.
And global has been doing pretty well at catching up, with skipping certain events to push things along faster.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-10-06 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Roll on Terra banner (and 12 I guess -_-), outside 7/9/10 I have limited RS items
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
By Leon Kasai 2015-10-06 20:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-06 21:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait FFXI???????????????? YES!!!!

EDIT: Also, those are -story updates-. We will probably have an FFXI event sooner than January. I'd guess we'll see it around when the final update comes out.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
By Leon Kasai 2015-10-08 12:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

BARANCE CHANGES said:
Kain:
-can now use 3-star Celerity abilities
-can now equip Swords
-increased HP and ATK

Rydia:
-raised usable Black Magic from 3-star to 5-star
-increased MAG

Cecil (Dark Knight):
-increased ATK

Cecil (Paladin):
-raised usable White Magic from 2-star to 4-star
-can now use 3-star Support abilities
-can now use Bows

Lightning:
-can now use 4-star Celerity abilities
-can now use Spears, Helms, and Shields

Snow:
-can now use 5-star Knight abilities
-can now equip Heavy Armour, Helms, and Shields
-increased DEF and RES

The Target Score for Barbariccia "Disrupt Barbariccia's tornado form with Jump" can now be achieved with any Jump=type ability or Soul Break, and not just the "Jump" ability.

The effect of the Record Materia "Heart of the Dragoon" "Deal slightly more damage with Jump" now applies to all Jump-type abilities and Soul Breaks, and not just the "Jump" ability.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-08 13:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

PCecil is definitely a worthy addition to a team able to carry squishy magic as a defensive powerhouse.

Rydia gets to be a powerhouse nuker with summoning options, bitchin'.

Kain finally gets decoupled from spears and onto the widely used swords while finally getting HP comparable with other DPS.

Verdict: FFIV for best FF.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-08 20:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SE hates Kimahri lol.

Kimahri's Mighty Guard: party members evade the next magic attack directed at them

Quistis' Mighty Guard: Haste, Shell, and potent Regen
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-10-09 03:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ice Whip+1 Rydia ready to *** ***up

[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-09 07:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome Rydia update (was one of my first to 50) too bad I don't have her memory crystal...
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-09 21:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How big of a deal are the levels? I don't have Lightnings memory crystal but I have her soulbreak sword and I'm not sure whether I'd be better off using someone I can get to 65 with only a 4 star weapon. Same deal with Wakka, have his soulbreak weapon but not his memory crystal.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-09 23:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
How big of a deal are the levels? I don't have Lightnings memory crystal but I have her soulbreak sword and I'm not sure whether I'd be better off using someone I can get to 65 with only a 4 star weapon. Same deal with Wakka, have his soulbreak weapon but not his memory crystal.

4 star weapons are really bad compared to 5 stars, ESPECIALLY soulbreak ones, even if you're 15 levels lower
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-09 23:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I pulled Selphie's new soulbreak weapon with this new FF8 event, it's way better than what she had before

"Dream of the Stage" gives a heals a large amount of the party's HP and gives everyone temporary immunity to magic attacks, compared to her last weapon soulbreak which only moderately healed the party
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-10 01:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I pulled Selphie's new soulbreak weapon with this new FF8 event, it's way better than what she had before

"Dream of the Stage" gives a heals a large amount of the party's HP and gives everyone temporary immunity to magic attacks, compared to her last weapon soulbreak which only moderately healed the party

Just pulled that and was wondering what it did... good to know.

Also got 2 Seifer coats... still wanting that darn Gun.

need... Desperado... now...
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-10 02:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

What's your friend code? Mine's QYN5 -- my helper should be Fenrir Drive Cloud
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-10 14:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

4 star weapons are really bad compared to 5 stars, ESPECIALLY soulbreak ones, even if you're 15 levels lower
Alright, thanks for the answer. Now if only I could pull a 5 star nuking weapon. Still have Rinoa using a 3 star one...
By Pantafernando 2015-10-10 16:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, thanks for the answer. Now if only I could pull a 5 star nuking weapon. Still have Rinoa using a 3 star one...

The level per se isnt that relevant. Probably should be +1 or +2 stat/level, sometimes not even a single point. Same to weapons/gears. IMO, the most important diference between a lv50 and a lv65 char is the HP, that is more noticeable.

The real diference is Realm Synergy. Realm Synergy is proportional to levels, and its growth is a lot faster with weapons/gear but its smaller with chars (its considered a short increase of +10 levels).

A 5* weapon/gear is normally very good, and obviously stronger than any lower tier weapon/gear, even combined (thats, a native 5* is stronger than a 6* combined from 4* ).
With RS, we have a combined 4*++ slightly stronger than a native 5* without RS, and that fact alone is an incentive to store all 3* you can get from missed pulls and events: the 3* FFXII mace (one of the ugliest weapons Ive seen), when combined 2 times goes over 100 in magic, and it can go even higher (possibly pulling over 130 in magic with 5*++).

BTW, back to your Lightning sword, even if she isnt past lv50, you can still equip her sword with another lv65 char (possibly Cloud) as soulbreak weapons arent exclusive gear. Wakkas ball not everyone can use it, but you can still give it to Tyro.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-10 16:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a synergy bonus using the sword specifically with Lightning though don't you? So far I'm running Lightning (5* sword), Wakka (5* Ball), Rinoa (3* stave), Thancred (5* Coat), and Y'shtola (5* Coat and a non soulbreak 5* mace). I've been happy with Lightning so far using the elemental sword attacks I just wish I could get her to 65.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-10 17:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

What's your friend code? Mine's QYN5 -- my helper should be Fenrir Drive Cloud

We'll have the same helper then :P. Love that After-boost... AoE or 4hit normal attack (that appear to have very high critical hit rate).

its uh
QRHty
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-10 17:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend code is zacD if anyone wants a 65 Fast Ammo.

edit: debating on trying my hand at a x11 draw right now or not. Isn't there a 7 event coming up again soon? (US version).
By Pantafernando 2015-10-10 17:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a synergy bonus using the sword specifically with Lightning though don't you? So far I'm running Lightning (5* sword), Wakka (5* Ball), Rinoa (3* stave), Thancred (5* Coat), and Y'shtola (5* Coat and a non soulbreak 5* mace). I've been happy with Lightning so far using the elemental sword attacks I just wish I could get her to 65.

Realm Synergy is relative only to realm, thats, Lightning Sword will have get synergy bonus in FFXIII realms, as well Lightning herself. If you give the sword to Cloud and put him in FFXIII, he wont have the char realm synergy but the sword will still do.

Considering the simplification that a char realm synergy bonus is just a flat +10 levels, that means Lightning+sword in FFXIII will be weaker than Cloud+sword (as Cloud can get to lv65).

The only unique trait that a char specific relic will provide is the SB, and thats unique to Lightning, obviously Cloud wouldnt have it.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-10 18:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

first record keeper, plus grandmasters now (playing jp version on emulator) on top playing ffxi full time... i am currently having an ff overdose XD

for some reason grandmasters run smoother than record keeper. this game still feels so laggy during transitions :/
By Draylo 2015-10-10 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Same yeah lol, I'm enjoying grandmasters. Yeah FFRK is very very laggy for me still compared to grandmasters. I also downloaded the JP ver of RK as well, they have so many nice bonuses I'd love in the NA ver lol
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-10 19:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

is Grandmasters out of beta?
By Pantafernando 2015-10-10 19:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I heard is that FFGM was in pre-order stage. This month it has started, but no official release date.
By Draylo 2015-10-10 21:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already been out for a week or so. It's available for play now.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-10 21:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing it for a while so I can confirm its out... Its got the nice old FFXI grind feel once you hit level 10-15 or so lol.

Not in a bad way though... but I might be missing something important about the game seeing as how I can't read japanese.

Navigating menus aint too hard but sometimes get that feeling everyone is stronger than me like im missing something obvious >_>
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 159 160 161