Forum » FFXI » General » Tiamat Drop Rate
Tiamat Drop Rate
 Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Nigosh
By Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh 2015-04-09 11:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen any changes in the Drop Rate from Tiamat? I've fought her alot and Gaiters was around a 25% Drop,so not bad,personally i was 4/4 2 with only /THF and TH Belt.Now after update i killed her twice and a ls member once:First Kill (his) NO Drops (not even a Fire Crystal) 2nd Kill (mine) Dragon Heart and Wyrm Horn,3rd Kill (me again) NO Drops,just EXP,i think they broke it or lowered the Drop rate,what are your experiences?
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-09 11:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't get the drop after 3 kills!? Holy crap SE must have broken the game. We need to report this right away!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-09 11:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
You didn't get the drop after 3 kills!? Holy crap SE must have broken the game. We need to report this right away!

I'm assuming he's capitalizing "NO" meaning they didn't even get a fire crystal. They very well could have lowered the drop rate, but I highly doubt it and a sample size of 3 is pretty small.

@OP - Herald's Gaiters are seriously available and cheap, you may as well spend a few hours doing dyna and buy a pair, since you can't sell the ones that tiamat now drops.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-04-09 12:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »

I'm assuming he's capitalizing "NO" meaning they didn't even get a fire crystal. They very well could have lowered the drop rate, but I highly doubt it and a sample size of 3 is pretty small.

@OP - Herald's Gaiters are seriously available and cheap, you may as well spend a few hours doing dyna and buy a pair, since you can't sell the ones that tiamat now drops.
Not be able to sell in the most direct way, yes however still able to sell it in the loot pool the same as any other rare/ex. But I agree, with the price drop on the ones from ouyru it is a waste of time to camp.
By Elazar1 2015-04-09 12:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my understanding she does not drop them anymore, it said in the update notes she has new drops. Since they come from the bcnm now.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-04-09 12:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiamat should now drop the R/Ex version, crier's gaiters.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-09 12:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
It's my understanding she does not drop them anymore, it said in the update notes she has new drops. Since they come from the bcnm now.

She drops a ra/ex version now the way all the other hnm items are. So yes, she still drops gaiters, just not herald's gaiters.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-04-09 12:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So where do Herald's Gaiters drop from now? Which BCNM exactly?
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-04-09 12:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
So where do Herald's Gaiters drop from now? Which BCNM exactly?

Pretty sure they come from The Savage now, Ouryu
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-04-09 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have made Tiamat stronger, and given her 18% movespeed feet! And only given smelly Ouryu 12% feet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh
By Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh 2015-04-09 22:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya repop time is the same,and i'm not complaining about not getting boots,but i never saw 0 Drops before with TH3,thats weird,i just got exp,thats it. So maybe could something be wrong with the changes.idk
Does anyone know anyone who actually has the Crier's Gaiters?i mean is there a confirmed Drop yet?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-09 23:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How's the drop rate on Ouryu? I want to get some gaiters for many of my friends, and I'm wondering if it's better to spam Ouryu or check over in the Chasm every now and then. I'll probably end up doing both though.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-04-09 23:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh said: »
Ya repop time is the same,and i'm not complaining about not getting boots,but i never saw 0 Drops before with TH3,thats weird,i just got exp,thats it. So maybe could something be wrong with the changes.idk
Does anyone know anyone who actually has the Crier's Gaiters?i mean is there a confirmed Drop yet?

I went 6/6 on H. Gaiters before the last update, usually with a loot pool full of other drops as well. 0/1 since the update, only thing that dropped was a wyrm horn. Always killed as THF. Small sample size, of course, but figured I'd toss it into the discussion.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-04-10 00:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
How's the drop rate on Ouryu? I want to get some gaiters for many of my friends, and I'm wondering if it's better to spam Ouryu or check over in the Chasm every now and then. I'll probably end up doing both though.

got a pair on normal earlier today. only did one run, though.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-10 09:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

got a pair on normal earlier today. only did one run, though.
That's still pretty encouraging, thank you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh
By Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh 2015-04-11 17:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diavolo said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh said: »

I went 6/6 on H. Gaiters before the last update, usually with a loot pool full of other drops as well. 0/1 since the update, only thing that dropped was a wyrm horn. Always killed as THF. Small sample size, of course, but figured I'd toss it into the discussion.

Maybe just bad luck then,but thats what i meant,good to see other ppl noticed changes aswell.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2015-04-11 17:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oddly enough, I had the opposite experience... killed Tia 3 times before update, 0/3 on anything but synth mats and crystals (THF and WHM duo each time).

Saw this post, went out and he was up, 1/1 on the new boots with TH9.