users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Unity Sybaritic Samantha
Unity Sybaritic Samantha
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2015-04-09 09:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone please share their experiences with this NM? Not much information is available, and I'd rather not have to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you very much!
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2015-04-13 09:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Some friends and I gave this NM a whirl, this weekend, just to test the waters, so to speak.

Our original set-up was SAM(tank), RNG, RNG, BLM, WHM, BRD (me).

The first two forms go down very easily.
The final form opened with Bad Breath and one-shot the SAM.

Second run we went as PLD, RNG, RNG, BLM, WHM, BRD.

Again, the first two forms are a joke. Burn them down fast, but try to have TP ready at the start of the third form.
With this set-up, we were able to learn some fun things about the final form:

• It regens 2% per tick while not staggered. I don't believe it is possible to win without staggering. But if your DDs are top notch, only two back-to-back staggers are necessary to bring it down.

• To stagger it, just weaponskill it as it is readying Bad Breath. RNGs are awesome for this. Bad Breath doesn't hit anyone behind it, so other DDs could work too.

• Gravity works, and makes it easier for the PLD to kite/bait the NM into using Bad Breath when the RNGs are ready with TP.
    Shadowbind also works if things go wrong.

• Bring remedies, echo drops and poison potions.

We won every encounter but the first one. We ended the night as PLD, RNG, RNG, SAM, WHM, BRD.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-13 09:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it a few times. First time was way back when it first came out and we just sorta zerged it to death and tried to keep people alive and all. Worked well enough, but it was messy and there were dead folks.

Did it again the other day and it went super smooth. We had like 10 people, but easily could be done w/ less. Had a paladin tanking it and just had two rangers skillchaining and a few black mages magic bursting; burns through them right quick with practically no danger to anyone involved.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-13 09:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM BRD THF DD (SC opener) is all you need to kill it in 20 seconds like every other pre-March Unity NM aside from Douma Weapon. It won't go splat right away, but it will pop in its 3rd form at 1% HP and you can just poke it to death. Also, use Scherzo for Breath.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-13 09:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
WHM BRD THF DD (SC opener) is all you need to kill it in 20 seconds like every other pre-March Unity NM aside from Douma Weapon. It won't go splat right away, but it will pop in its 3rd form at 1% HP and you can just poke it to death. Also, use Scherzo for Breath.

Also works.

I've never done it with less than a party as we end up doing it with the LS as we hop around doing many mobs. =\