Tartarus Platemail Drop %
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-04-18 06:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Put THF treasure hunter on it
you can magic burst it, that's the way we use for kill it in 5 step.

SAM double SC light it, then MB (50k-100k damage for each blackmage)

take care about not recover him, that seems trigger encombrance move and the weakned tp move on mega boss.
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-04-18 06:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What buffs does BLM have to hit 100k dmg??
By Pantafernando 2015-04-18 07:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »

Geo mdb foe/mab up, possibly cor blm roll, plus capped burst gear.

Update increased burst in 2 fronts: doubling the magic burst factor related to skillchain step (making a burst almost 3x a normal nuke), and increasing dmg when the enemy has weakeness to that element. Probably that 99k dmg comes from a magic that hit a mob weakness, bursting.

Also, burst can be enhanced by sengikori for aditional 25% dmg.

Finally, bursts are relative to steps done. If your sam, instead making light, does an infinite loop of skillchain, you will have increasing dmg in your burst. There should be a cap though.

Edit: forgot the weather affinity (using elemental obis, twilight cape and sch weather magics).
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-04-20 03:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

0/51 now. :(
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-20 13:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »

Blm who gets initial burst t6 (of the appropriate weakness) with t2 weather and malaise/focus/acumen/languor from idris geos can do this fairly reliably (even without all that other fancy stuff).
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-04-20 14:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You people ever kill Khimira in ARII?

I have made 2 mythics and noticed the drop rate on the linen from him is about 1/30 kills. With Treasure hunter 10 + the drop rate is 1/10. With TH 12/13 it is about 1/5.

Same thing for Plouton. Btw a well supported thf can make darkness and light SC. Proc that TH get more drops.

2/23
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-20 14:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

read and understand the concept of variance and figure out your standard deviations before trying to talk down to people about treasure hunter

it'll save everyone a lot of frustration
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-20 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish FFXIDB was capturing data for this. Would be nice to know what the drop rate really is.

Also according to FFXIDB you should hit a 1 in 10 drop rate with TH2 alone on khim.
Linen coin purse
5040 out of 42824
avg 11.8%
th0 8.5%
th1 0.00%
th2 11.0%
th3+ 16.8%
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-20 16:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We're still waiting to see this body drop. Many of us are actually at 3 out of 4 possible Plouton drops now (excluding reforge mats). That's how much we've been spamming.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-20 16:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
read and understand the concept of variance and figure out your standard deviations before trying to talk down to people about treasure hunter it'll save everyone a lot of frustration

Wait, eyeballed drops rates and small sample sizes no longer count as proof? That's crazy talk.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-20 16:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop rate sounds fine to me.

I think the drop rate should be even lower. It obviously keeps you invested, so more money for subscriptions. And it's not like you're smart enough to stop trying to get it, so if they lowered the drop rate, they'd make even more money off you.

Subs aren't going to pay themselves. If all the idiots get the shiney, then the event won't last. Carrot has to be tied TIGHTLY on the string.

But I do enjoy the bitching about 0/9000, at least something on this site is entertaining lately.

Too much sand and not enough salt though.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-04-20 19:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Square has not had an item so amazing and rare to get in this game for many years. Now they added this and I think it is a plot to keep people playing longer. Our LS will be doing vagary for the next 3-5 months now... Sigh
By cervelo84 2015-04-20 19:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Abd btw honestly... Diablo 3 most recent patch has turned that game is a super fun addicting game.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-20 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I do wonder how many people would care actually care about the item if it weren't for the glowy aspect. The -DT% and magic absorb are nice, the acc in particular for a tank piece is great, but let's be honest here. People want the wings.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-04-20 19:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I do wonder how many people would care actually care about the item if it weren't for the glowy aspect. The -DT% and magic absorb are nice, the acc in particular for a tank piece is great, but let's be honest here. People want the wings.
3d model looks HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, just going to lockstyle to something better. I want it for the stats.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-04-20 19:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Just the wings. Yagrush whm lotted on it last time.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-04-20 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have made the content harder, and the drop rate increased. Can do a full run in just over 10 minutes now. HNMs were hard, but at least a majority of the drops were 5-20%.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sudox
user: Sudox
By Ragnarok.Sudox 2015-04-20 20:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Should have made the content harder, and the drop rate increased. Can do a full run in just over 10 minutes now. HNMs were hard, but at least a majority of the drops were 5-20%.

Agreed. The relatively low drop rate was a step in the right direction for content longevity but is somewhat countered by the triviality of popping and killing the NM.

That being said, we are currently 3/92 on bodies.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-04-20 20:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The HNMs really were not too hard besides Vrtra. Nidhogg,KB,Aspid(the ones that people really cared about) were a cake walk for a decent LS and only harder for the less skilled groups just like this NM. I do agree that harder content and a little higher drop rate would have been better. Because proving you can skillchain gets pretty boring for a group after a few times.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-21 10:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sudox said: »

Agreed. The relatively low drop rate was a step in the right direction for content longevity but is somewhat countered by the triviality of popping and killing the NM.

Wow, that's amazing. I assume you're bringing a THF?
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-21 11:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sudox said: »

So you're the group we blame on being 0/100+!

As a sidenote I once went 0/203 on something that had a 1/16 chance. After that 204 - 208 were all winners. This taught me to truly hate mendelian ratio.
 Ragnarok.Sudox
user: Sudox
By Ragnarok.Sudox 2015-04-21 11:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
So you're the group we blame on being 0/100+!

As a sidenote I once went 0/203 on something that had a 1/16 chance. After that 204 - 208 were all winners. This taught me to truly hate mendelian ratio.

Bodies will start to drop for you once Loire actually admits it is the best looking body in game. Blame him instead!

Yes Avalon, we typically bring a THF.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-21 11:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, well guess we should just give up living the dream T.T... (and I so wanted to lockstyle it at events and run circles around Loire while doing the blm jobemote for added flair). Incidentally we also always bring a THF.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-22 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus has bad luck. No one has obtained the Platemail yet on this server since Vagary released.