Tartarus Platemail Drop %
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-07 10:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

After almost a dozen Plouton kills, I'm starting to wonder what kind of drop %'s we have here with regards to the Tartarus Platemail.

We've seen plenty of everything else except this body.

So far we've not risked any non-essential job exposure to Perfidien and Plouton (Meaning, only PLD GEO and SAM standing next to him), but I'm wondering if we should have a THF plink away at some treasure hunter procs.

Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-07 11:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

(Unrelated, I apologize Avalon!), But..... RUNE FENCER should really be on that body. I feel like right after PLD/DRK, the very next in line to wear that is definitely a RUN. BST on that body makes me sad.

And yes, I know RUN can't wear any "heavy" armor in the game. Except their Surcoat. So disappoint.
[+]
 Asura.Dakenx
Server: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-04-07 11:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
(Unrelated, I apologize Avalon!), But..... RUNE FENCER should really be on that body. I feel like right after PLD/DRK, the very next in line to wear that is definitely a RUN. BST on that body makes me sad.

And yes, I know RUN can't wear any "heavy" armor in the game. Except their Surcoat. So disappoint.

Ya THF should be on it too then!
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-07 11:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Haha, no problem at all. I'm sure there are quite a few jobs that people feel should have been on this body piece.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-04-07 11:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop rate is awful even with th9-11. At this point we are sitting at over 30 pops with 0 bodies. Feels like sagasinger all over again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-07 11:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If there were ever any jobs that would be thrown into the "tank" category with the likes of PLD, it would be RUN. DRK get its by default cuz its all dark and miasmaey. WAR, sure. BST SAM DRG.... go swim in a pond with piranhas. Yall don't belong on that and you know it.

You know you were wrong for this one SE! Would have allowed us to drop Warder's/Futhark Body/Erilaz Body for some mag abs.

Whatever, I have a complex.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-07 11:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Drop rate is awful even with th9-11. At this point we are sitting at over 40 pops with 0 bodies. Feels like sagasinger all over again.

Wow... that's a bit disconcerting.. especially since I see you're using a THF in your runs.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-07 11:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

well, trying with TH should have already been obvious to your group tbh but there might be a proc system or some other mechanic for certain drops.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-07 11:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
well, trying with TH should have already been obvious to your group tbh but there might be a proc system or some other mechanic for certain drops.

We didn't entertain the idea of using THF at all, but this was mostly due to being a little gun shy on some random deaths we experienced which caused us to lose the MB + related KI each time.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-07 11:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that it has a very flashy visual effect and extremely amazing stats, I'm not at all surprised the drop rate is ***, and probably as bad as Sagasinger.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-07 11:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We're currently at 1/51. And I'm beginning to wonder if we didn't get lucky.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-04-07 12:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

We didn't entertain the idea of using THF at all, but this was mostly due to being a little gun shy on some random deaths we experienced which caused us to lose the MB + related KI each time.

All the THF needs to do is throw a boomerang on it and then he just wont die.... as long as he is on the hate list it doesn't matter.
 Sylph.Vaantalus
user: Vaantalus
By Sylph.Vaantalus 2015-04-07 12:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We're 0/15ish so far, think we've had a THF for all runs. Haven't seen any JPs running around with one either, so probably looking at a pretty rare droprate.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-04-07 12:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

All the THF needs to do is throw a boomerang on it and then he just wont die.... as long as he is on the hate list it doesn't matter.
From 100% to 89% is pretty friendly from the aoe tp moves, just stand in the back to avoid the conal hits. After that, well your mileage will vary. With a sch doing a sc for us it doesn't last more than a minute after that. So not really any chance to upgrade th level any higher.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-07 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We've gotten 2 drops from Plouton before, but yeah, I think for the Platemail we're going to have to bring a THF to future runs - even if the window in applying treasure hunter is small.
 Bismarck.Hellkyte
Server: Bismarck
user: hellkyte
By Bismarck.Hellkyte 2015-04-07 13:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a thought, maybe drop chances differ slightly between the three zones? I'm assuming no one has the incentive right now to try popping legs/body bosses at brash or deathborne considering duskbrood seems to be easier, but who knows. Maybe the popping methods are different also idk.
By Malebolge 2015-04-08 12:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's got a visual effect so I'm gonna guess it's got a similar droprate to other fancy-looking direct drops (Sagasinger, Girru, Ikarigiri) in the <1% range
 Phoenix.Felixia
Server: Phoenix
user: Felixia
By Phoenix.Felixia 2015-04-09 21:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

We went 1/7 and then haven't seen one since.
By amadis 2015-04-15 04:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS is around 1/20
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-15 05:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Still don't get why they couldn't turn it into a non-plate item and make it RUN/PLD onry.

/cry
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-15 05:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We currently 6-man plouton/perf combo runs, 7 if you count the sam who sits out and doesnt do anything after he procs ki change. I would like to add him into scing for mb but we're doing fine without it. We are getting close to or around 0/25 now. An ls member got one in a larger run like after the 4th run.. which now we know was dumb luck. we use pld whm geo blm blm brd. The geo does focus/lang and entrust acumen the nm(s) die(s) really quick (7-10min) the blms rarely, if ever, resist nukes anymore.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-04-15 07:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like people who wanted to relive the old days of FFXI have got their wish with this piece.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-15 07:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop rate looks to be about as good as Fulad-zereh was in Legion, except it's really, really useful.
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-04-17 01:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if certain red or blue proc triggers body drop?

Also, when platemail drops, did alliance get encumbered at all during fight?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-17 04:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it really hard to believe that it's just super-rare? Everything with any sort of glow effect has been well below 5% with no real way to raise it.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-17 05:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
Anyone know if certain red or blue proc triggers body drop?

No, the blue trigger is the warning signaling that you found the element the nm is weak to.
The red trigger comes up when you deal enough damage with that specific element, as for what it does exactly I do not know.
It's believed to remove any evasion/defense/DT boosts on the mob itself.

Quote:
Also, when platemail drops, did alliance get encumbered at all during fight?
When ours dropped we actually were, due to an unexpected switch we ended up curing Plouton with 6 high tier Magic bursts leaving us encumbered the entire fight.

Yet, I have no reason to believe that this triggered the drop.
As Comeatmebro above me sais, it's just an extremely rare drop, so if I have to answer the question of drop conditions; Spam it until it drops one..
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-04-17 21:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1/20 got it tonight.

It looks so amazing. Of course Square puts a super awesome item in the game right before they end all updates.

People spend hundreds of hours to get a stupid glow effect from Afterglow when all they really needed was this armor. With it on you stand out. Everyone comes to check you.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-04-17 23:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We're having terrible luck, Cobbs 0/100 ;_;
 Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-04-18 01:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
We currently 6-man plouton/perf combo runs, 7 if you count the sam who sits out and doesnt do anything after he procs ki change. I would like to add him into scing for mb but we're doing fine without it. We are getting close to or around 0/25 now. An ls member got one in a larger run like after the 4th run.. which now we know was dumb luck. we use pld whm geo blm blm brd. The geo does focus/lang and entrust acumen the nm(s) die(s) really quick (7-10min) the blms rarely, if ever, resist nukes anymore.

So no Magic Burst dmg on the Mega Boss? Just BLMs nuking him down? They have Mythic or just otherwise decent/well geared BLMs?
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-04-18 03:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

0/45 on Plouton now with Bounty Shot TH4+ at least. We don't bring THFs though.
First Page 2