users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Rangers guide
Rangers guide
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-05 15:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just would like to say if I could find a guide for ranger as I'm planing to play it. And that "Power "Rangers: A Guide to Pewing" feels bit outdated anyone know any other guide out there?

What gear should I get? This is what I got in mind.

anyone else wants to add please do so still looking for gear to use for ranger.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-05 15:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fulltiming gear is a bad start. So your idea of using only those pieces is already no good.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-05 15:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Start at the last page of the guide and move towards the beginning for gear sets. You'll need a few different sets (pre shot, multiple for each weapon type, sets for each ws, fast cast for utsu, etc.).
By Pantafernando 2015-04-05 15:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy legs and hands have impressive stp amount. It should make very easy 4-hits with them, and definitively destroy ugly options like Aetosaurus rex trousers and seiryu kote. I prefer my anni, so those feet are also excelent options over both relic and artifact, though it would be useless for bow users and bow users would rejoice for empy hands.

For body, Kyujutsugi if stp is needed, or arcadian that has 5% double shot also with lots of rapid shot.

Thats all for shot set.

I think RNG was one of the less favored jobs with alluvion skirmish. Taeon set augments dont really pull ahead over other existing options (when its about shooting). Its great to have easy snapshots in all pieces, though, but fails when it makes impossilble to get stp in that.
By mortontony1 2015-04-05 15:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah reading the ~3 most recent pages will get you gear sets for pretty much every single job on their respective threads. And like, actually reading,, not just scrolling through until you see someone post an itemset.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-05 16:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Fulltiming gear is a bad start. So your idea of using only those pieces is already no good.

I hope you didn't suggest I would wear those while I ws and gain tp and buff ability lol

I only have 2 jobs that I do that with pld, sam right now clearing junk in my storage...lol
By Pantafernando 2015-04-05 16:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe rng is in a bad place though. With new enmity changes and mages power up, i think mages have higher dps than rngs and the biggest advantage of rng over mages (low enmity generation) probably is gone, also mages have higher attack range for no penalties, unlike ranged attack. And dont need to pay for ammo also.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-05 17:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I believe rng is in a bad place though. With new enmity changes and mages power up, i think mages have higher dps than rngs and the biggest advantage of rng over mages (low enmity generation) probably is gone, also mages have higher attack range for no penalties, unlike ranged attack. And dont need to pay for ammo also.

Absolutely untrue. RNGs and even CORs received a massive boost with the enmity changes. I have no need whatsoever to use Coronach anymore or hold back damage on any content, and can reliably go all-out on anything and everything. No, ranged jobs will not spike massive magic bursts like mages, but we also will not need to worry about MP conservation, as well as being able to spike more often with WSs and our ranged TP phase. With proper buffs, I was hitting consistent 15k+ Last Stands on Vagary bosses, and our 12man group with only RNGs and CORs as damage cleared the elemental zone in about 20 minutes. ALL DD jobs got a boost with the enmity changes, that's not up for debate, but to say that RNG is in a bad place right now is ridiculously false.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-05 17:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Absolutely untrue. RNGs and even CORs received a massive boost with the enmity changes. I have no need whatsoever to use Coronach anymore or hold back damage on any content, and can reliably go all-out on anything and everything. No, ranged jobs will not spike massive magic bursts like mages, but we also will not need to worry about MP conservation, as well as being able to spike more often with WSs and our ranged TP phase. With proper buffs, I was hitting consistent 15k+ Last Stands on Vagary bosses, and our 12man group with only RNGs and CORs as damage cleared the elemental zone in about 20 minutes. ALL DD jobs got a boost with the enmity changes, that's not up for debate, but to say that RNG is in a bad place right now is ridiculously false.

I have to agree with you as a pld I was holding hate with the rangers x2 going all out with no problem with sub war. In AA D fights, Which now i believe Bow relic works great for OP damage.

I have yet to see screenshot for damage numbers tho? Most I seen was 2~4k on AA D fights.