Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Hexed Doublet -1
Hexed Doublet -1
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-01 10:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Had this for a while, should've sold it long ago but didn't feel like making a post.

If you're interested, pm me a price, I'll laugh at you, you'll joke like you don't want it, then you'll make a real offer.

Server transfer not an option, if you want to come to quetz for it, that's fine.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-01 11:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

T1 at 109+12, with an expected cost to produce of 10,080k, a bit under 10M after factoring that you can NPC the NQs.

I have no interest in it, but given the tone of OP I felt like I should point out that a reasonable price is no greater than 15M.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-04-01 11:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i want this right now
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-01 11:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
T1 at 109+12, with an expected cost to produce of 10,080k, a bit under 10M after factoring that you can NPC the NQs.

I have no interest in it, but given the tone of OP I felt like I should point out that a reasonable price is no less than 15M.

ftfy

People be like I'll give you 5m...
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-04-01 12:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Buyers market for a brick like that.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-04-01 12:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

whoops thought this was iaso cause i got too excited. i'm bad
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-01 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I have no interest in it, but given the tone of OP I felt like I should point out that a reasonable price is no less than 15M.

ftfy

People be like I'll give you 5m...
It was correct the first time. For 10m and a few minutes of a crafter's time, you can get one made whenever. 15M is more than generous for it, if you're expecting more than that you might need to lower your expectations or reconsider selling it at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-01 12:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always someone dumb enough to buy something. I'd NPC it, but I figured someone might actually want the thing, so I'd entertain offers.

I made no statement about a minimum, or a lowest bid etc.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-04-01 12:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
There's always someone dumb enough to buy something. I'd NPC it, but I figured someone might actually want the thing, so I'd entertain offers.

I made no statement about a minimum, or a lowest bid etc.

I was gonna buy it but now I'll pass.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-01 19:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Needtostaymostviewed.bmp

It's not being sold for my benefit, I'd just feel slightly bad if I NPC'd something of (some) rarity. I couldn't care less about a measly 10m ish. What I do care about is having something you want, regardless of actual value.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-01 20:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, any Hexed Doublet -1 that you make is a Hexed Coif -1 that you didn't make, so the actual cost of making a Hexed Doublet -1 is the cost of a Hexed Coif -1. Because the demand for Hexed Coif -1s exceeds the supply, their price is whatever you can get people to pay for the 2 Refresh they offer. I find that's about 20-25mil, depending on the person.

However, if you have a Hexed Doublet -1 in your bazaar (probably from leveling to 110) then the cost of making it is a sunk cost and thus is essentially irrelevant. No one is going to commission making that piece of ***, and it was never really good in the first place. It's a lockstyle piece and NQ is just as good for that. Keep it in your bazaar a few months at 15-20mil or stick it up for 5mil and hope someone really wants to lockstyle it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-03 20:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it for free, so even 1 gil is a profit.

Surprisingly not even one person has made a joke offer. Would've sold it for anything that was offered, no ***.

Bump it one more time, cause you know, rarity. But looks like I'm getting 10k from the NPC.

Maybe I'll give it away if you can guess the exact value of it from the NPC. (for my account, to the NPC I've chosen).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]