FFXI Sheet Music And Tabs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Sheet music and Tabs?
FFXI Sheet music and Tabs?
By Corfios 2015-03-31 22:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya FFxi guys and gals. I play the Irish tin whistle and a few other wind instruments here and there. I absolutely love FFxi music, it is some of the best stuff I have heard to date. Period! I was wondering if anyone would happen to know where I might be able to find some of the original sheet music or even tabs for wind instruments from this game.
It sounds like the game is nearing its end, and I would like to learn some songs - Ronfaure, Zi'Tah, Heavens Tower, etc. - so that I can play 'em time to time and remember the fun times I had in game. I can always just listen to them and play by ear best I can. But it would be cool to have the original stuff!!!
Thanks folks.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-03-31 22:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember an old topic here about sheet music...I'll try to dig it up.

*dig dig*

EDIT:

http://ffmusic.ffshrine.org/ff11sheet/ff11-sheet-music.php

...from Bahamut.Zathra's post from way-back when.

If I remember correctly, the notations and sheet music are .gifs, but you can view them or print them out or transcribe them using online notation programs I'd think into something you can use if they aren't useful as .gifs. ^^

EDIT 2:

They are for piano arrangement, I think, but it wouldn't take much to adapt the melody I'd imagine for your Irish tin whistle.

EDIT 3:

LOL! ^^ I have to say, also, I love the Irish tin whistle! I remember that old Lick the Tins cover of Elvis' "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You"...hope you can do something imaginative like that with the FFXI music! ^^
By Corfios 2015-03-31 22:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks very much, Schutz! That is excellent! Lots of good stuff in there! Thanks a ton :D
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-01 03:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is awesome. I might actually muster up the care to get out my guitar and try to transcribe these.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-04-01 04:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Which reminds I still need to finish this off, this was a lot of fun transcribing from the piano collection notation without sprouting extra fingers or hands.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2015-04-01 05:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I started transcribing the West Ronfaure music a while back. I wonder if I still have it.