Found Freshly Picked Summary (in Japanese)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Found Freshly Picked Summary (in Japanese)
Found Freshly Picked Summary (in Japanese)
First Page 2 3 4
By Chaltor 2015-03-31 15:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150327_694861.html

Edit: Fixing some sloppy cut and pasting

Quick google translate : (it doesn't make complete sense to me, but you can pick out some details.)

Square Enix March 26, in the PS2 / Xbox 360 / Windows for MMORPG "Final Fantasy XI", live broadcast "freshly picked Vana'diel!" Has become a version up annual was held.

This time, in addition to the description of the regular version up information, about the "Vana'diel project" which was officially announced on March 19, time to answer Matsui Satoshi彦 producer questions that were recruited at the official forum in advance is provided. Matsui also carefully is performed to say, including personal feelings to one one question, just questions and answers of "Vana'diel Project", a time of more than 70 minutes to exceed significantly the schedule was devoted. In this paper I want to summarize the question-and-answer session of the relevant "Vana'diel project". In addition, please refer to suit because for recital which is the base of the questions and answers are summarized in detail in this report.

Mr. Matsui in the opening talk, start talks from "Vana'diel project" in the most service end of the PS2 / Xbox 360 edition rebound is concentrated from the user, picked up the most of the development equipment as a major factor problem, understanding the user was determined. In addition, for the porting to other platforms, best as performance comes in PS2 as how to make a Square Enix, for those of development tools are optimized for PS2 to Gachigachi, porting to PS4 and PS Vita that is also difficult to explain that led to this decision.

Mr. Matsui, now about that it has continued to service the old generation machine that became game machine, the platform of the person in charge "to mingle forever, because you wait until good timing by disregarding the business and" as such episode told me While introduction, and thanked repeatedly to SCE and Microsoft Japan, were in "quite really project did full of exception" and Kangaibuka likely to mouth your impressions. From Matsui's caliber, rather than to be sorry to stop on the way, was the caliber that sense of accomplishment even it is feeling that was fully spear to the point where I can do that was impressive.

After Matsui Mr. short description, I entered the long Q & A. Following, I would like to tell at once. It should be noted that it could not answer this part, also and official forum future, from the next "Nono Vana" play with "continue we want to answer the words to Zu Kick" that basic policy Matsui's mouth, such as reportedly was. At the end of the program, version-up was reported to be the first "star song of Vana'diel" next time. Also, is that the update cycle becomes a degree "twice in three months" from once a month was reported in the future. In April various campaign also means that to start, I where you want to wait for the follow-up.

Questions about the entire "Vana'diel Project"

Q: "Final Fantasy Grand Masters", native app version of "FFXI" is but another company development, the takeover of the data, what happens to the handling of personal information?

Matsui said: For first personal information, "Grand Masters" will not be passed the data new title, because it is a different title. Even be passed to become necessary, images, such as get press in about do in order to obtain the benefits of a button or may be to transfer the information. Honest place, to say pass personal information was not considered. Character data is also personal information, it is the form which handed to pick, not at all for this. Do not become a wind that as how to use get registered the character of "FFXI" at the time of pre-registration.

Native app version, but speak the basic premise and policy because it does not allow things enough to be still fine story, fine story not yet talk. About takeover of data, it is idea for so there is something to benefit people who have the character of "FFXI" is, it is not going to have as it is the character data. Basically another account, the game you play with new characters.

Q: Why to terminate the service of PS2, Xbox 360?

Matsui said: also a place called the timing of hardware is finished support. So far has been keeping the quality in measures of memory relief, etc., but since has become increasingly difficult to maintain the quality of service as Sukueni, it was the decision to terminate the support at this timing.

Q: Why do you end up major version up?

Matsui said: and as much as possible during long, if I wanted to leave open the world, as a measure to reduce spending, it was not forced to choose that option. In addition, I have also to development staff who, by all means new things, also want that involved in the new project. To continue the operation of "FFXI" is had to stop the major update did on the possible compact team.

Q: how after a major update completion is carried out mean? Balance adjustment, are either of done something other than failure adjustment?

Matsui said: go doing things that can be added by adjusting the data. Something new new, for example, to do the "Dynamis 2" unreasonable. I go doing things that make without resorting to the development tool. For example, currently, to mitigate the Toka what is taking use limited by congestion measures, or elimination, but thing otherwise is also doing now, while obtaining feedback from the user, we will do the trouble adjustment, balance adjustment. It is not of that going to do this content to this point give concrete.

Mochizuki said: When roughly summarize, but not over the additional cost of the new content, go with taking the easy Toka power play content that is now. Keep open the world as come back at any time.

Part 2 incoming.
 Shiva.Chaltor
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Chaltor
By Shiva.Chaltor 2015-03-31 15:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Questions about "star song of Vana'diel"

Q: Is it difficulty will be how much? Character level 99, you can either be greeted the ending even if you do not complete the item level 119?

Matsui said: to see the ending there is a need to reach there. Since the culmination of, and ultimately to align the equipment of item level 117 and 119, and I think it has become the character level 99. Basically leveling and equipment collected, want to be the incentive of mission. However, is not necessary from the beginning level 99. Initially comes to that Come say where anywhere in the Jirato area of ​​"Jirato of illusion." This I can play at a little more low level. While you are chasing the "star song", character level and, image also item-level rise that is gradually needed.

Q: I want you to tell me the participation conditions. Extended disk, or registration of scenario need?

Matsui: While my description had led to poor in confusion, it is necessary in order to clear. Eventually in the story of "star song", it is necessary to extend data disks corresponding it means referred to as "Come go anywhere anywhere in the Altana area". However, since the "star song" itself is provided in the update, it is not fit itself to the registration code that you start the "star song" (Rejiko).

The person from its PS2 and Xbox 360, but I've heard that it is there that you are giving up because not read disk, data needed, because I think Let against a patch, you can all download if Rejiko even Oke registered .

After, the Ya anyone who "I want to do from the beginning." "I had quit in Promathia", for anyone who "do not have Ado~urin", you are trying to discount the extended data disk at the timing of May. When would buy in a hurry, I think because it is feeling glad become expensive, and it is more the best deals that you wait until there as long as it not panic. Since the "Vana'diel large Thanksgiving" teaser site is completed, it is to be seen if you look at it.

Mr. Mochizuki: summary, Rejiko to play the "star song" is. "Illusion of Jirato", "spell of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan," "Wings of the Goddess", "Haunts of Ado~urin" is necessary. Trilogy unnecessary, Abyssea also unnecessary. If there is Rejiko, installation of disk is unnecessary. Because because people there are Rejiko is data as a patch available. No start condition. Level is good in a number 10. If you do not have a Rejiko Please wait so are planning a discount in May.

Q: Do I be referred to as a "star song" is in thinking also various content and reward but are thinking about what kind of content?

Matsui said: I was too prime a little about the reward. Reward, can call another person a face, the assumption that the obtained or play with like a systematic part can call two more people, such as or get a hard earning capacity bonus, the go and various bonuses complete the star song to have. The basic concept of it is star song. I have prepared a reward in the game system face other than equipment.

In addition, job point two more. Gift for until November, plans to raise up to 20. It is thought to try it in final form. Or easily earn, since you plan to clear a specific challenges Eminence record, so that the bonus about more than 50% in total is attached. Look at the situation, I want to adjust it if as severe. Although not related to Star song job points increased two gift 20 is increased, it is easy to earn.

Q: In "star song" or quest and face are added?

Matsui said: Quest No plan. Face added there. Since the main story will be another story, a story that has not been told is told.

Q: In the star song until now, bus No Trespassing compartment and Bataria, or so into entry prohibited area of ​​east Ado~urin?

The Matsui said: plans to open is not. Another talk with star song.

Q: Do so go to "Hingashi country" in the "star song"?

Mr. Matsui: When say or go, but not go to that region, and I think you smell and or has come out people with a halberd in image illustrations of "star song of Vana'diel"? I want to meet a star song its feelings. My best you. And because it is said to be Do not yet say (laughs).

Part 3 incoming.
 Shiva.Chaltor
By Shiva.Chaltor 2015-03-31 15:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Native app version for "FFXI"

Q: Do native app version of "FFXI" can play even in portable game machine, such as the PS Vita?

Matsui said: had been vague mobile terminal to be, now I'm making the iOS and for Android. Consider also the many people in one and now is there kana. I do not know When portable game machine is out changed the environment.

Q: native app version of "FFXI" is, or become another game with the Windows version of "FFXI"?

Matsui said: save data, but it is different in the sense that account game, the same game in terms of basically seeking the fun of "FFXI". The troubled Once misunderstanding, it is not take over the current of "FFXI". To Sukueni is operated by the Windows version for this, separate from the native app.

For the content of "FFXI" includes, but is not be to say that the "is this" at the moment, do not not be a form of delivery aligned in full a lot of content. Far some degree of, I think possibly for example, do not put only to Promathia, Nankashira restrictions enter. Otherwise also Toka job. I think that there is also an extension of the native app unique. Talk that it will of course be layers if you keep the operation. Even in native app version eventually become play the "star song".

Q: your development team, whether also involved in the development of the native app?

Matsui said: I will be the supervision of part seems "FFXI". Creation of planning, specifications, and worldview, supervision. Part that seems to "FFXI" go at stake basically.

Q: What is the business model of the native app?

Matsui said: it is not the answer be stage. Because I would like to play a lot of customers, or not become a method of providing easy to participate. This is also still launch of business environment at the timing. Can not conclude because imagination might charging method is out like not tell by now.
 Shiva.Chaltor
By Shiva.Chaltor 2015-03-31 15:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Part 4

Additional questions

Q: I re-create the "FFXI", do not be able to service as a new MMO?

Mr. Matsui: How about you recreate remains "FFXI" is? Because but there, MMORPG think was the start of "FFXI" is that to play in the console what was mono to play on the PC. There was also the voice of "MMO Nante in FF". To help you play a lot of the audience, mobile terminal, ISO, it is to challenge towards the Android you are considered to be likely "FFXI". Such a place in the challenge we want to Na and have.

Mr. Mochizuki: When I "FFXI" began, but it was felt that the massive sit and say MMO, feeling that kana have changed from era to play in front of the TV. And be aware of the fact that I am playing a lot of people, we will work hard in the mobile platform.

Q: offline version of "FFXI" is?

Matsui said: such planning is pretty and got or in the past, I'd be Attari, actually I thought, starting estimate properly, patterns that continue to derail been found that it's great great. I also want to make, but it takes the form of pick up only in the areas in which there absolutely. It is difficult to game of at Marutto incorporate form. There is no choice but to game of is taken out somewhere. Specific project is not moving. Although not say even if they move.

Q: what the PC version will be forever management? Scheduled after major version up

Matsui said: While it or continue to forever not answer, no plans to close now. While you have users who are playing in Vana'diel I want to continue. What version up cycle continue to bits and pieces in a month unit, three months or do once a month, or not become about once in maybe 1-3 months about the meantime.

Q: What future if a player of the population has increased, such as major version up is resumed, it is possible that plan is changed?

Matsui said: but in when population increases business side problem is solved, because on the other hand the development environment does not reach To solve the problem of severe, at the time the development environment is harsh, and continue to content manpower consuming It is difficult to perform with. Where it is possible want to squeeze the wisdom it can not be said that you do to irresponsible.

Q: Do you plan to alleviate the difficulty to create something that requires such time Mythic Weapon and Relic is?

Matsui said: so-called "Rerimishienpi" not going to worth to the significantly lower such modifications of. Instead, since going to mitigation and elimination of the restriction on the content that has been multiplied by the admission limit to this, and as a result do not become easier to obtain than now. Not that become suddenly Nowak as the login campaign.

Q: PS2 and due to the termination of the services of the Xbox 360 version, scheduled migration campaign to PC?

Matsui said: Since such that have Rejiko Those who are you playing with PS2 and Xbox 360, PC version it is possible to download free, ready-to-play just asked to download the data. If the way is difficult, you might go to create a page that think you can easily After doing this.

Q: If the population has decreased, plans for server consolidation?

Matsui said: at least until November, "star song" It is not death server consolidation to completion going. After that, you can there is talk that'm not Kume PT, but rather if you are wondering not for the come out talk of "I want you to Integration" from the direction of the user, planned for it to. Way of integration or become two to get the form to transfer by selecting your favorite world against you whether, or the subject of the world of users in one go packed now.

Q: What about monthly fee, is expected to be changed in the future?

Matsui said: So far, the changes do not plan. The reason is because I want to continue long.

Q: What happens play online?

Matsui said: Although the intent of the question you do not know well, play online unless followed by a Windows version of the service continues. Play online PS2 and Xbox 360 is, comes to an end with the service end of the "FFXI".

Q: major version up, the operation of the forum?

Matsui said: it will be the review of the category, it will continue in the future. Not essentially change.

Q: official forums, whether Grand Masters will be in conjunction with the official app?

Matsui said: No. It is thought to be a story should be operated by each of the management style.

Q: After the major end also simulated Vana is continue?

Matsui said: I wonder if I have a need? (Laughs) or adjustment item is often, if the content is to understand Nikukere, It is there to do at Toka business trip version.

Mochizuki said: "Nono Vana" originally recital of patch notes. Can I do if the role play. and also be doing in there is no tell, it becomes uncle chat only (laughs).

Q: Cels, is expected to release the songs Soundtrack?

Mr. Matsui: Although it is not yet concrete plans, since it is considered to be wanna go out the various things, when there is such of the that you want in such form, because there is a possibility that the project is run, the demand I'm glad if you could put out. In fact many things are running under the surface of the water. Have fun!

Q: What about "Vana'diel project", if there is a project to be announced in addition to three?

Matsui said: This announcement is not necessarily done forcibly, to rush "FFXI" is from the service start in '14, not power that everyone has been made diligently until it was realized the meeting with Cruise's and Nexon's in, I think that there is such a spread and encounter in the future. Of course I want to do that to widen even themselves. Place called Please expect in that sense.

Mochizuki said: Creates Good luck to the future of Vana'diel. And work hard to enjoy coming to new customers. I work hard to be able to also new announcement.
nt.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-31 15:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Romanji is hard to translate.
 Shiva.Chaltor
By Shiva.Chaltor 2015-03-31 15:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I certainly can't do it any better, and there is a lot of information in there. Anyway, I'm going to go read it now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-03-31 15:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick scan shows the obvious, basically no important question asked in the NA thread was touched. (no shock there). No real question answered (again, unshocked).

All that's missing is the Cheese Sandwich vII.

Interesting to finally see a straight up NO! to server merge though. Terrible idea, but hey they'll make thousands off the people doing the pay to transfers.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-31 16:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No decrease of monthly fee, no reduction of RME requirements. Have fun with your 30k alex or 1500 HMP when like 150 people are online at any given time.

My extraordinarily low expectations have been let down.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-31 17:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't they going to do something to aid in the supply of HMP/Cinder? I thought they already said they were not going to ease up on those, just help the supply. But I can't recall.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-31 17:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No server merges until at least November? Fffff
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2015-03-31 17:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
No server merges until at least November? Fffff
:(:(:(:(
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2015-03-31 17:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the "FFXI Native App" won't connect to the normal servers it seems, wtf. Why call it a native app?
 Cerberus.Logical
Server: Cerberus
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2015-03-31 17:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Weren't they going to do something to aid in the supply of HMP/Cinder? I thought they already said they were not going to ease up on those, just help the supply. But I can't recall.

Quote:
Q: Do you plan to alleviate the difficulty to create something that requires such time Mythic Weapon and Relic is?

Matsui said: so-called "Rerimishienpi" not going to worth to the significantly lower such modifications of. Instead, since going to mitigation and elimination of the restriction on the content that has been multiplied by the admission limit to this, and as a result do not become easier to obtain than now. Not that become suddenly Nowak as the login campaign.

They did indeed perviously mention something about increasing sources of supply on these currencies (official forums Dev post I think, last year?). Since this translation is kinda rough, it's hard to say, but it almost sounds as if they're going to eliminate content access restrictions (more assault tags for more Alex, maybe a longer stay in Dynamis allowed, or something...who knows). Hmmm. Are they just referring back to Dynamis entry revisions from several years back and the Salvage solo patch with Salvage 2.0?

"...mitigation and elimination of the restriction on the content that has been multiplied by the admission limit to this..."

Can someone with some proficiency in Japanese have a look at the original transcript, perhaps?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-31 17:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting point:

Quote:
Q: What future if a player of the population has increased, such as major version up is resumed, it is possible that plan is changed?

Matsui said: but in when population increases business side problem is solved, because on the other hand the development environment does not reach To solve the problem of severe, at the time the development environment is harsh, and continue to content manpower consuming It is difficult to perform with. Where it is possible want to squeeze the wisdom it can not be said that you do to irresponsible.

Basically, development team is moving to the mobile side. Even if in the future, FFXI's population substantially increases (don't hold your breath), there still wouldn't be enough people on the Dev team to warrant resuming Major Version updates. While he did not rule out the possibility, he strongly implied that that it wouldnbe difficult to resume major updates beyond November, even stating that it would not be "wise" or "responsible" to make such an assumption.

Not surprised, but to the kids who got their hopes up that FFXI might make a resurrection in the future, don't count on it.
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2015-03-31 17:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
No decrease of monthly fee, no reduction of RME requirements. Have fun with your 30k alex or 1500 HMP when like 150 people are online at any given time.

My extraordinarily low expectations have been let down.
386 people on Siren at the moment. Hasn't been a shout in nearly 2 hours. We're more or less already there when the JPs aren't on.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-31 17:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Logical said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Quote:

They did indeed perviously mention something about increasing sources of supply on these currencies (official forums Dev post I think, last year?). Since this translation is kinda rough, it's hard to say, but it almost sounds as if they're going to eliminate content access restrictions (more assault tags for more Alex, maybe a longer stay in Dynamis allowed, or something...who knows). Hmmm. Are they just referring back to Dynamis entry revisions from several years back and the Salvage solo patch with Salvage 2.0?

"...mitigation and elimination of the restriction on the content that has been multiplied by the admission limit to this..."

Can someone with some proficiency in Japanese have a look at the original transcript, perhaps?

Not proficient, but it appears that he is saying that they won't be making adjustments to any limitations or restrictions on content required for these events, as he doesn't want them becoming much easier than they are right now to obtain.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-31 17:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Suteru said: »
Also, the "FFXI Native App" won't connect to the normal servers it seems, wtf. Why call it a native app?

Native app means an app designed for a specific operating system rather than for a cross system platform like Flash.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-03-31 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait. Hideo Kojima is gonna join SquareEnix and be part of the XI dev team, and work this ***straight up. Make this Final Gear Fantasy XI: Revengeance. Then we'll be all up in Lightning and Raiden's *** :O
[+]
 Shiva.Chaltor
By Shiva.Chaltor 2015-03-31 18:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Just wait. Hideo Kojima is gonna join SquareEnix and be part of the XI dev team, and work this ***straight up. Make this Final Gear Fantasy XI: Revengeance. Then we'll be all up in Lightning and Raiden's *** :O

How can we fit our 3 favorite car show hosts into the mix?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-31 19:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Logical said: »

I'm not getting my hopes up. Unless I want to pay 170k a pop for HMP and 2.5-3m a pop for cinder... Looks like I'll be doing a whole lot of VW...
 Fenrir.Ginny
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ginny 2015-04-01 07:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Chaltor said: »
Quote:

Chocobo Racing 2.0
[+]
By Keido 2015-04-01 09:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ukXCfOXMtZU
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-04-01 09:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XI: Solid
Tactical Roleplaying Action
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-01 09:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ginny said: »
Shiva.Chaltor said: »
Quote:

Chocobo Racing 2.0

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-04-01 14:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why everyone is so surprised about lack of server consolidation prior to November. They're expecting a bump in numbers for nostalgia sake as people come back for one last hurrah, and to merge servers before those servers swell would be foolish. Whether they are right or wrong on the swell/size of swell, that's the real question. But their time line is based on their numbers GROWING from now until November, so why would you merge thinking that would happen?

Again, question their logic if you will, but their decision is in perfect harmony with that logic.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-04-01 15:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Final Fantasy XI: Solid
Tactical Roleplaying Action

<Beep Beep Beep Beep>

Snake: Miss President, this is Snake...

Naja: What in blazing Blue Mages are you doing calling me every few minutes?! You have your orders! Get the job done and bring me back some nice shiny coins! Abquhbah!!!! Are we charging per second on calls over this Codeshell?!

Abquhbah: Um... well... we are now! (Sorry, Snake, but her grip ever tightens around her favorite Mercenaries. /sigh If only it could be me instead.)

Naja: Abquhbah!! Less whispering and more charging!!! Now that your tab is rising exponentially by the second, what was it you wanted to discuss there, Snake? SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKEEEE!!!

<Da Dun dun dun....>
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-04-01 17:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It says the save data and account data are going to be different from the Windows and mobile games, but supposed to be the same game.

松井氏:セーブデータ、アカウントという意味では違うゲームだが、基本的には「FFXI」のおもしろさを追求しているという点では同じゲーム。

No business model yet for the mobile port either.

They aren't ending FFXI (いまは閉じる予定はない)
By Zubis 2015-04-01 17:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Not sure why everyone is so surprised about lack of server consolidation prior to November. They're expecting a bump in numbers for nostalgia sake as people come back for one last hurrah, and to merge servers before those servers swell would be foolish. Whether they are right or wrong on the swell/size of swell, that's the real question. But their time line is based on their numbers GROWING from now until November, so why would you merge thinking that would happen?

Again, question their logic if you will, but their decision is in perfect harmony with that logic.

I actually don't see a server merge happening until April of next year, when the 360 and PS2 versions are dead and there's a massive drop off in the playerbase.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-04-01 18:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
So
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I actually don't see a server merge happening until April of next year, when the 360 and PS2 versions are dead and there's a massive drop off in the playerbase.

Dropping PS2/XBox support won't affect the population as much as the announcement that no further content will be developed after the one ending with the Nov. update. Unless they backtrack on that, the game will easily collapse to a handful of servers and come to an end.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4