WTB Alex
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-31 03:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone.

After month and month of daily salvage farm, i begin to be pretty upset by farming alex, atm, i'm @ 19/30K alex.

So, i want to buy 10K alex @ 7K piece, so if anyone on asura have this i can trade them for 70M.

Thks in advance.

Help a poor RDM to finish his mythic \o/
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-31 04:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think you're in the same boat as a lot of people, I keep trying to catch alex at 7k as well but either 1 of 2 things is happening:

1) Supply is nowhere near demand.
2) People are buying up the cheaper alex and re-listing at 10-15k.

But unlike yourself I don't have the gil saved up to buy all the alex I need at once and I need 10k as well!
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-31 04:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I do double salvage AR farm a day (my and my dual), that just ... so boring now.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-31 04:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
I do double salvage AR farm a day (my and my dual), that just ... so boring now.
I hear you, I've only been doing 1 every day and it's become grating, I still try to do salvage every day but I tend to drop the ball every now and then.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-04-10 12:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i started me blu mythic and got bored salvage pretty quick lol but il get there one day and i only done 2.5k lol
By swordwiz 2015-04-10 12:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats because a bunch of people such as myself just went around and bought all 30k alex a week or 2 ago
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-04-10 12:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

swordwiz said: »
Thats because a bunch of people such as myself just went around and bought all 30k alex a week or 2 ago
As long as you're not the ones buying it and re-selling for 10k+ then you're fine with me!
By swordwiz 2015-04-10 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Roflmaooo yea diff not me I don't got time to be doing all that afk standing in town
By Elazar1 2015-04-10 12:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunch of light weights lol I do 4 runs a day, yes it's boring, but if you want something badly enough gotta grind it out.
By swordwiz 2015-04-10 12:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

or .......... you can just buy it all :P
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-10 12:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
I would think you're in the same boat as a lot of people, I keep trying to catch alex at 7k as well but either 1 of 2 things is happening: 1) Supply is nowhere near demand. 2) People are buying up the cheaper alex and re-listing at 10-15k. But unlike yourself I don't have the gil saved up to buy all the alex I need at once and I need 10k as well!

Bahamut was doing a pretty good job of keeping it at around 7k, then all of a sudden it shot up to around 9k and nobody seems to be buying it. Hopefully sellers will get the hint and drop it back down.
By Elazar1 2015-04-10 12:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is rav there are people yelling to buy now for 8.5k each daily, so they won't come down much at all, plus supplies are low, with the server being dead. Heck once finish these Alex for lib in a few days imma start selling again to.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-10 13:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
Problem is rav there are people yelling to buy now for 8.5k each daily, so they won't come down much at all, plus supplies are low, with the server being dead. Heck once finish these Alex for lib in a few days imma start selling again to.

Interesting. I was getting my info off the bazaar feature on the site. There seem to be a ton for sale according to that, but I wasn't aware that people were actually buying it at that price.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-10 15:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My opinion is that 7k alex are forever gone.

The reason isnt resellers. Cmon, someone really believes resellers can have any impact in average server price in a good like alex?

Looking at my personal index, at least in odin i noticed an inflaction not just alex, but others items as well (my index is composed of marrows, hmp, alex, currencies and wailing stones). My thoughts are that this inflaction is related to 2 factors: reinforcement of anti rmt/cheating/boting policy and advent of alluvion skirmish yorcia. Those 2 are reducing/realocating server offer by directing energy toward more profitable activity. Just look at skirmish stones. Anyone think farming alex is anything near profitable than skirmish stones?

So, the server economy was pumped up the previous 2 updates and some punctual offer was reduced by law. Dont expect prices dropping so soon.

Asura.Yunamae said: »
yeah i started me blu mythic and got bored salvage pretty quick lol but il get there one day and i only done 2.5k lol

Yunababy, you can do better than farming alex directly. I would sugest farming raka or alluvion skirmish. Yes, its random but i never had loss with that. Another option is selling marrows. I banked few mythics selling that, just need 2 persons (at least before rudra nerf) to kill him before split (thf+sch).

While ovepriced alex is bad, think worse than expensive alex is lack of alex (though both are related).
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-04-13 17:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont buy alex much im too stubborn i hang onto me gils lol, hence why i have lots of em lol, anyways im in no hurry i want a mytihc and il farm it on and off while i do other stuff no biggie to me lol. I wont pay over 7k each if i get any and if price dont fall no problem to me il just farm it all lol. I wont pay the overpricers lol me precious gils staying mine lol.. Unlike everyone else i dont have to have everything NOW lol i can wait. I have ton to do apart from me mythic so im good ;P