Level 75 Content ONRY
First Page 2 3 4
 Siren.Upbeatglitch
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Upbeat
By Siren.Upbeatglitch 2015-03-30 18:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone! This thread is dedicated to all things level 75.

Have a favorite level 75 Notorious monster fight? Favorite level 75 limit point camp? How about an idea of a fight you would like to see someone attempt? Post a video or text reply!

Youtube channel: Final Fantasy 11 (Lv. 75 content ONLY)

aaaannd to kick things off, here's a #5 limit point chain on Black mage!
YouTube Video Placeholder

Black mage vs Dahak

Brace yourself for the flood! Incoming videos of all jobs doing endless content!
Look forward to BLU imp burns, Sea/Sky god fights, ZNMs, HNMs, KSNM all the gewd stuffz!

==
Projects in work:
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-03-30 18:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

this was fun :)

I look forward to seeing this thread's content!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-03-30 18:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play anymore but I have all of my 75 mules' sets still if you need gear ideas.
[+]
By jubehnka 2015-03-30 21:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

THIS, so much THIS.

Everybody who keeps whining and complaining of lv75 days being gone, nobody stops you from doing this. You can still have your fun and challenge.

My guess, though, is that they're more upset about people getting access to gear easily, where instead they wanted the status quo of them abusing their linkshells and have nobody else but them on top.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-30 21:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The days when I used to stalk relic owners. lol

I used to have a screenshot of a 75THF/37NIN with Mandau and Batardeau dual wielded.
[+]
 Asura.Keja
Server: Asura
user: Cleric
By Asura.Keja 2015-03-30 21:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I have started playing on private servers, 75 cap.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-03-30 22:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I do find this a lot of fun, and it does bring back a lot of nice memories. ^^ I remember looking at so many videos of those classic FFXI battles to glean whatever wisdom I could from the posters. :p (The Bruce Lee mantra of "Absorb what is Useful.") ^^

To be fair to the "back-in-the-day-content" comparisons, though, there are a lot of things inherently different now performance-wise between 2015 FFXI 75-level-sync and 2005 FFXI 75-cap-gear client eras.

Quite a few JA and spells were added since then, and while the majority are over level 75, a few didn't exist back then. Magic spells (BLM nuking, BLU spells performance, etc.) are inherently different in 2015 than they were back then, also. There are also the increases to basic game functionality like enhanced dual-wield, increased single-handed weapon utility, increased lower-level WS damage output, ninjutsu (Utsusemi et al) and SMN magic differences, or even changes to basic spell behaviour like Aquaveil.

While the only way to really "get back" to those roots is to play on some kind of private server, it is important at least to consider that the 2015 FFXI client isn't exactly the same as it was back-then, though. ^^ That shouldn't remove any sense of accomplishment or fun for anyone doing these things, but IMHO at least to be fair we have to keep those comparisons in mind. :)

EDIT: Bah, too slow...what Keja said, then. :p
 Siren.Demetreos
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2015-03-30 22:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Link plz.

Seriously though, I'll probably be going to a 75 era server or something (should a thing be around) when the game final breathes its last.

I didn't even do much at 75 era other than a little Sky. I just remember it really fondly for some reason.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-30 22:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I do find this a lot of fun, and it does bring back a lot of nice memories. ^^ I remember looking at so many videos of those classic FFXI battles to glean whatever wisdom I could from the posters. :p (The Bruce Lee mantra of "Absorb what is Useful.") ^^

To be fair to the "back-in-the-day-content" comparisons, though, there are a lot of things inherently different now performance-wise between 2015 FFXI 75-level-sync and 2005 FFXI 75-cap-gear client eras.

Quite a few JA and spells were added since then, and while the majority are over level 75, a few didn't exist back then. Magic spells (BLM nuking, BLU spells performance, etc.) are inherently different in 2015 then they were back then also. There are also the increases to basic game functionality like enhanced dual-wield, increased single-handed weapon utility, increased lower-level WS damage output, ninjutsu (Utsusemi et al) and SMN magic differences, or even changes to basic spell behaviour like Aquaveil.

While the only way to really "get back" to those roots is to play on some kind of private server, it is important at least to consider that the 2015 FFXI client isn't exactly the same as it was back-then, though. ^^ That shouldn't remove any sense of accomplishment or fun for anyone doing these things, but IMHO at least to be fair we have to keep those comparisons in mind. :)
I've been working on gearing up my 75 Pld in my off time, kind of like twinking in WoW using any gear at my disposal at 75 (including augmented gear) just to see what all I could do. Everything is so trivial that would have been hard back then, mainly because things like Weapon Skill Updates, defense changes, 1 handed adjustments, ect. My Savage Blades and Vorpal's put out numbers my old 75 War/Sam/Drk/any DD would have watered over at the time. I'm having a bit of trouble finding something fun to kill just because everything is either too insanely hard or too insanely easy.
By Cleric 2015-04-05 10:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously tempted to resub for this lol
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-05 10:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite 75 era thing was when we had a bunch of K club drks kill Dynamis Lord.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-04-05 11:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i enjoyed HNM's battles during 75 era.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gands
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gands
By Ragnarok.Gands 2015-04-05 11:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved doing things with DNC (my only lvl 75 job, until abyssea) in 75 content, especially since the job wasn't very popular. Could keep a party healed in events like dynamis when subbing /sam. Maze monger nms were a lot of fun and challenging. I remember when I got ermines tail which was of DNC's best weapons bar terp. My favorite thing was kiting KV on DNC. 5 quicksteps and desperate flourish sticks like a charm. With fan dance, tp moves that potentially wreck paladins wouldn't cause much harm. The first time we did it on ragnarok all the other LS's watching were like dnc kitting wtf??
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-05 11:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »

I miss the 7 days :/
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-05 11:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Khimaira fight was pretty fun.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-05 11:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Reiden said: »

I miss the 7 days :/

7 days?!

uhg 75! Still though!
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-04-05 11:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i think from all the hnm's during 75, Cerberus had the highest chance to wipe a ls, which was always fun to watch for me.
By pchan 2015-04-07 15:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We had people transfer on quetz just to buy salvage drops 5M gil for a level 35 gear. This way the whole LS could get their bodies ... someone with several relics (that was in some huge hnm shell) transfered and got nearly all 4 salvage sets from us.

Some very low-man salvage farming since the d/c trick allowed to enter with les than 6.
 Asura.Hoturi
user: Hoturi
By Asura.Hoturi 2015-04-13 17:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I'm interested in coming back and even possibly rerolling. If I do reroll I am not doing any the genkai past 75 just for authenticity. I heard you're moving to Odin - how many players do you have currently?

How do you feel about the use of RUN/GEO for the 75 cap? I feel RUN would be completely game breaking considering how 75 cap content operated in regards to tanks.

Would you farm relics and mythics or just be lazy?

I have two other players who would likely be interested in this as well.

So many questions.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-04-13 18:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

HNMs were fun, but for me the most fun I had was soloing things on RDM.

Would re-live it all again.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-04-13 18:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoturi said: »
Hi, I'm interested in coming back and even possibly rerolling. If I do reroll I am not doing any the genkai past 75 just for authenticity. I heard you're moving to Odin - how many players do you have currently?

How do you feel about the use of RUN/GEO for the 75 cap? I feel RUN would be completely game breaking considering how 75 cap content operated in regards to tanks.

I have two other players who would likely be interested in this as well.

So many questions.
RUN is probably fairly good, GEO won't be. GEO's spells all scale with it's two skills which don't give as large a boost at 75 like they do at 99.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-13 19:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN at 75 is capable of breezing through most ENMs without any attention made to acquiring gear (except perhaps Martial Anelace for crazy strong Savage Blades). I haven't messed with other 75 content cuz I can't level sync, but Battuta and Inspiration are incredibly powerful tools in a time with no Ochain and most things can be blink tanked. I've also had little trouble with the Up in Arms BC at 60 cap, but losing Battuta makes the beginning much more challenging.

I'm sure if RUN was around during the 75 cap, it would've been the preferred tank for many element-focused NMs like the CoP wyrms, Cerberus, Ultima, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-04-13 20:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said: »
I think my favorite thing at 75 was holding hnms till the shell could get there. Especially doing it alone vs tiamat cerb etc

Fun to watch people try to do this and fail also.

Like a certain PLD with Tiamat.
 Siren.Upbeatglitch
By Siren.Upbeatglitch 2015-04-14 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Great feedback so far!

Asura.Hoturi said: »
I heard you're moving to Odin - how many players do you have currently?
Around ten or so have messaged saying they are interested in joining.

Quote:
100% Allowed.

Quote:
imo mythic/relic is more of a personal type thing now. More than welcome to get help from linkshell members if they are interested. No plans on having it as a serious part of the Linkshell.[Could always change]

Empyreans on the other hand could be tons of fun @75

Quote:
So many questions.
Ask away!
*Replies might need editing at a later date, I'll do my best to get it correct the first time.

Quote:
Why not a private server set to 75?
Many reasons: Respawn times, competition, timing aspects, drop rate, etc.
Definitely want to reside on an official server to avoid unnecessary headaches.

===
Incoming sets for RUN, NIN, SAM, BLM, RDM, WAR, MNK & THF
 Siren.Upbeatglitch
By Siren.Upbeatglitch 2015-04-14 16:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM:

NIN:
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-04-14 17:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I only looked at your BLM sets, but there are some good alternatives and easy to obtain better pieces for several sets.

As for a few other classes, I can share my sets if you'd like, as well as some you don't have such as BRD, COR, SCH, WHM.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-04-14 18:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i would do your blm enfeeble set a little different. that might be ok for slow/para, but you shouldn't be the one doing those. blm enfeebles are all about no resist to get max duration. genie lappa, af body +1, balrahns ring, and oracles gloves are better all around. i believe the gloves you have only work in areas controlled by home nation.

if you want me to try and pull my old sets, i can make sure you know how to be the best 75 blm evar.

*Edit* also there was some reason i used ixion cape over the one you have for nuking but i can't remember why ._. then again i think they changed magic damage calculations so iunno anymore.
[+]
 Siren.Upbeatglitch
By Siren.Upbeatglitch 2015-04-14 18:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I played around on a private server all the mobs had completely different stats & nothing really scaled to the official servers at all.

Quote:
I did see a screenshot of private server King Behemoth dropping both Defending Ring, and Pixie earring in the same pool, so I figure the drops aren't done right, but to what extent?
Would just depend on if the person currently taking care of the server has made any changes to drops.

Respawn times/drop rates couldn't work on a private server the way they work on the official servers. Can get it very similar, but never will be the same.

If you go back far enough the damage values and health didn't even matter lol could hit for 9999 on a tiny bee and have it take no health at all, or a 0 damage swing with a GS and have it insta KO AV.
First Page 2 3 4