Need Help With Timers Exclusions.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Need help with Timers exclusions.
Need help with Timers exclusions.
By Mookies 2015-03-30 02:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's possible.

I'm looking for a step by step explanation on how to exclude certain buffs/cooldowns from showing up on screen with the Timers Plugin.

Pretty much all of the searching I did yielded results that were too vague for me to understand. Someone will say whitelist this, blacklist this, but they don't go into detail on how to do that.

Is there a way to remove, for example, protect5/shell5 (and variants) from showing up on the Timers bar? I'm looking to remove long duration buffs/cooldowns so that the shorter duration ones show up.

My google fu is weak, so if there is a step by step explanation out there could you kindly direct me to it without chewing me out too much?
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-01 01:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You can add your own Timers exclusions by following these steps.

On your hard drive, navigate to \Windower4\plugins\settings\Timers.xml.

Use notepad to edit the following settings.

Note: Timers filters supports the wildcard, '*'. So "Protect*" covers all levels of Protect and Protectra. Also use the pipe, '|' to separate the spells.

Example.
Code
<WhitelistMode>false</WhitelistMode>

<AbilityRecastFilter>Benediction|Hundred Fists|Invincible</AbilityRecastFilter>
<SpellBuffFilter>Protect*|Shell*|Reraise*</SpellBuffFilter>

Timers is in Blacklist mode by default (WhitelistMode=false). This means that the spells/abilities/buffs that you list in filters will be excluded.

Whitelist mode (WhitelistMode=true) means that only the spells/abilities/buffs that you list in filters will be shown.

Sad to say, the most comprehensive tutorial I've found on Timers comes from a Japanese website. You'll need Google Translate to view it in English, however it explains every setting in detail and even shows how to add your own custom Timers icons. http://www20.atwiki.jp/ff11windower2/pages/163.html
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By Mookies 2015-05-18 04:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!

I had totally forgot I posted this, and the subject came up again today and I remembered XD