Who Is Our Biggest Foreign Intelligence Threat?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » who is our biggest foreign intelligence threat?
who is our biggest foreign intelligence threat?
First Page 2 3 4 5
By fonewear 2015-03-29 20:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nonsense the Jews are on to us !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-29 20:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Joe Biden’s Israel stunner: American Jews should let Israel protect them
By fonewear 2015-03-29 20:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Could Joe Biden find Israel on a map ? *I don't know* !
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-29 20:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
This is a dumb topic, of course Israel spies on us, and guess what, we spy on them. Is it dumb to leak that stuff to powerless Congressional Republicans yeah, but its not like they can do anything with the information other than embarrass themselves further. The spygame exists, Snowden accomplished nothing, life goes on.

You are patently incorrect. Snowden DID accomplish something. He damaged our international credibility. Did he make Joe and Jane Sixpack, busy stuffing their faces in front of the Kardashians, become alarmed about unconstitutional overreach by the executive branch? No, but to say that he accomplished nothing is totally wrong. Snowden also did our tech companies some pretty severe economic damage, and forced them to change their policies regarding information security and privacy.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Your post is a strawman. We can discuss Israel the country without attacking the Jewish people, can't we?
No, it's not. You are just morons missing the jokes.

Yes, it is. Instead of disputing the information in the article linked in the OP, you reverted to mocking it by alluding to antisemitism. This is an obvious and common strawman.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-03-29 20:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, damaged our international credibility huh. I haven't seen any actual events that have reflected that. I have seen a lot of countries express their annoyance, but that really doesn't mean anything.
 Cerberus.Bloodbathboy
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-29 20:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

China..
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-29 20:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest thread to the U.S. is itself. Always has been and always will be.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-03-29 22:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Mookies 2015-03-30 02:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

North Korea. Their lack of intelligence is dangerous to everyone considering that they have nuclear weapons.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-30 02:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
North Korea. Their lack of intelligence is dangerous to everyone considering that they have nuclear weapons.

Their nuclear weapons are a threat to South Korea, maybe Japan if they're lucky. Any attempt to bomb something further than that would be intercepted in no time.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-30 03:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Yes, it is. Instead of disputing the information in the article linked in the OP, you reverted to mocking it by alluding to antisemitism. This is an obvious and common strawman.
I guess only us aryans get the joke.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-03-30 04:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Their nuclear weapons are a threat to South Korea, maybe Japan if they're lucky. Any attempt to bomb something further than that would be intercepted in no time.

Yeah, but all they need to do is nuke S.Korea to start a shitstorm that could tumble out of control.
By palladin9479 2015-03-30 05:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm ... every nation spies on every other nation. South Korea is currently spying on the USA along with Japan, we spy on both of them and so forth. The really good stuff isn't even all this diplomatic nonsense but in all the attempts at getting their hands on US military technology. It's all part of the great game.

Our worst "ally" has to be the group of European nations who's national defense we are paying while they constantly criticize us in their attempts to appease their own national populations. The UK is about the only one of them worth a damn anyway.

Hell the UN is such a joke that the Human Rights Council, who is presided over by China, Qatar, Russia and Saudi Arabia, just announced Israel was the "worst" while glossing over Iran, Syria, and North Korea. Seriously ... they barely mention North Korea, a country that routinely murders it's own citizens, censors any form of dissent or disagreement with the government by imprisoning the offender and three generations of family, and is responsible for over ten million deaths.

It's gotta to the point where you just shake your head and laugh at the audacity. I mean do they honestly think people are so stupid as to believe that Israel is worse then North Korea or Syria? Hell Hamas fumbles a rocket and kills thirteen of it's own citizens, eleven of them children who were playing in the street where they were setting up the rocket, everyone then blames Israel. Israel produces evidence that it was a misfired rocket, nobody listens them. International journalists who where actually present and witnessed the event report that it was Hamas's fumble, they are ignored by the news community and everyone continues blaming Israel. Later an independent team of forensic analysts get to the site, analyze the crater and determine it couldn't possibly be either a missile or tank round and that instead it is extremely likely to be a misfired rocket, again nobody listens and keeps blaming Israel.

At some point in time you just realize that people blindly hate Israel and there is nothing they can do to fix it. Every Israeli could offer ritual suicide and the haters would decry them for being selfish and depriving others of the chance to do it instead.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-30 05:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least there's one world leader who called to congratulate Netanyahu on his recent win.

Putin calls Netanyahu to congratulate on election win
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-30 06:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Naw, not even a real threat to South Korea at all.

If anything, those nuclear weapons in NK are a threat to NK themselves. I highly doubt those weapons would even make it above ground before they go off....
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-30 07:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
lol, damaged our international credibility huh. I haven't seen any actual events that have reflected that. I have seen a lot of countries express their annoyance, but that really doesn't mean anything.
You're correct, US's credibility is so low that it can hardly go lower, no matter what happens.

There was a survey done around the World to determine who's the actual World's enemy. 80% of the countries said the World's enemy are the US.

The only countries that didn't name the US were either involved in propaganda or direct conflicts.

What happened recently with South America was plain dumb on the US's part, making more enemies and giving strength to their already existing ones.
I wouldn't go to any Middle East/African country because my passport is from an EU country, it would be risky. But as it is, I don't think I'd go out of my country if I was an American. The whole World is becoming an enemy little by little, it would only need a propaganda to counter the US one in order to have the whole World against the US.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-30 07:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
There was a survey done around the World to determine who's the actual World's enemy. 80% of the countries said the World's enemy are the US.
Who was asked in that survey, world leaders or general idiots? I'm guessing it was the latter, not the former.

The only countries that didn't name the US were either involved in propaganda or direct conflicts.
There is so much wrong with that sentence....

You don't see your "if you don't agree with me, then *** you" premise? I'm guessing not....

What happened recently with South America was plain dumb on the US's part, making more enemies and giving strength to their already existing ones.
I wouldn't go to any Middle East/African country because my passport is from an EU country, it would be risky. But as it is, I don't think I'd go out of my country if I was an American. The whole World is becoming an enemy little by little, it would only need a propaganda to counter the US one in order to have the whole World against the US.
If you say so. I travel all around the world, and in many countries on your "survey" that would consider me a national threat.

And yet...here I am. If you want to be a xenophobe, go for it. Your opinions are your opinions, and I certainly hope you don't consider them as "facts" like some posters here do.

But don't bother with Vic, if you badmouth Obama's America, you are a racist terrorist.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By palladin9479 2015-03-30 07:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Who was asked in that survey, world leaders or general idiots? I'm guessing it was the latter, not the former.

The US is frequently used as a scapegoat by politicians trying to quash domestic problems and win popular support. The citizens of most nations are fiercely nationalistic so it's not a hard thing to do. In private chambers their leaders will smile, shake hands and profusely think the generous terms they get on various treaties and trade deals while publicly lambasting the USA for being this giant evil and how much better they are. Their citizens have zero clue how much of their social systems are subsidized by the US defense spending.

It's why I'm personally in favor of the USA disbanding NATO, canceling the NAFTA, exiting the UN and voiding all current defense agreements. Afterwards, draw up new agreements but only with countries that provide us with economic benefit and that don't use us as a public scapegoat. Any country found creating a non-tariff trade barrier to US products will have a disproportionate barrier placed on their goods being imported.

The effect of such a maneuver would be world wide economic chaos. The US economy would take a hit but everyone else's would implode. The USA is the worlds largest importer of foreign made products and when you start taxing them at +100% and / or make public policy to ridicule them as being inferior (that's what everyone else does to ours) then you create a big market for your own products domestically.

Militarily we wouldn't be obliged to defend any of our previous allies, only new allies that actually benefit us would be kept. Again anyone who attempts to pull a fast one should be immediately ejected from the alliance. Small wars would crop up as bigger countries use various excuses to expand and we shouldn't do a damn thing to stop them from doing so. Would save us a sh!t ton of money and further increase our economy.

Seriously it's time to stop helping and protecting a bunch of ingrates while they publicly ridicule and disrespect you.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-30 07:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you're looking forward to Imperialism 2.0.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-30 08:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
THANKS, OBAMA!!
ftfy

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By palladin9479 2015-03-30 08:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you're looking forward to Imperialism 2.0.

Yep because everyone else is already doing it.

A country's government is only beholden to it's own citizens and not to the citizens or governments of anyone else. Nations are amoral and only exist to serve their individual peoples interests. American got this stupid idea in it's collective heads that it would be "better" then everyone else and adhere to some kind of global "nice guy" syndrome. It's not working because we are the only ones playing by the rules, everyone else distorts, bends or flat out breaks them to suite their own benefit. Just see the UN's HRC statement for a blatant example of that. They do the same towards the USA, turning us into a "common enemy" to their own benefit while pocketing our money and using us to subsidize their own social programs. Time to stop being foolish and retract all support from anyone not benefiting the citizens of the USA, if that hurts someone Eurocrats lifestyle then so be it. And if an American has something against their own nation, then they are free to hand in their passport and emigrate to Europe.

Put your money where your mouth is.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-30 08:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
we are the only ones playing by the rules
dat bias.
By fonewear 2015-03-30 08:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is the biggest threat to our foreign policy !
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-03-30 08:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
THANKS, OBAMA!!
ftfy
Wait, you mean to tell me our country went to war in Iraq over suspicions Saddam Hussein had chemical weapons which didn't exist, goaded on by Benny Netenyahu, on OBAMA'S watch? A war with Iraq that was underfunded and under-equipped from the word "go", given by none other than... OBAMA?
Funny. I thought I coulda swore it was Bush II's doing.

Saddam did have WMD's, specifically chemical and biological weapons but not nuclear. Everyone should know he had chemical because he tested them on the Kurds in a very public way.

We didn't invade because of Isreal, that's tinfoil stupidity. We invaded because certain entities felt not eliminating Saddam the first time was a mistake and that it was only a matter of time before he became a bigger problem and started more regional strife. The problem with the Iraq invasion wasn't the invasion, it was the decisions on what to do after. Instead of installing a government favorable to ourselves like we should of done, people decided to "create democracy" in a place that didn't want it nor know what to do with it. Furthermore this was compounded by the political leadership disbanding the Iraqi military after they surrendered. The result was an entire Army's worth of trained officers and NCO's returning to their tribal homelands and joining the tribal warlords that Saddam had kept under heel and who very much wanted to run things differently and saw the USA as a foreign meddler.

The lesson here is if your going to do something, then don't half a$$ it, do it the right way from the very start.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-30 08:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We invaded because certain entities felt not eliminating Saddam the first time was a mistake and that it was only a matter of time before he became a bigger problem and started more regional strife. The problem with the Iraq invasion wasn't the invasion, it was the decisions on what to do after. Instead of installing a government favorable to ourselves like we should of done, people decided to "create democracy" in a place that didn't want it nor know what to do with it.
This right here is very close to the truth.

Bush Sr. decided not to remove Hussein pretty much at the last minute despite his own people and plans that were underway to accomplish such a task. It was literally canceled at the 11th hour.

I still think it was the right call, however.

On the point of trying to install a 'democracy' that was a crucial mistake on the part of W. Bush.

Take a look at Egypt. You now have a military general as their leader. Democracy isn't for everyone. And Egypt I would consider a lot more civilized than many other countries in the middle east. I know people from there and people who still live there. Smart people, but mob rule just doesn't work in some cultures.

Now that Egypt got a taste of mob rule democracy, guess who they're turning to now to restore order? Hint: It's not the U.S.

Obama seems to be losing long time allies. The U.S. used to be good at keeping the peace between Israel and Egypt. But not anymore. Go figure.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-30 08:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard Egypt has a lot of single mummies !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-30 08:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you guys worry Hillary is an expert in foreign policy !

Just ask her all the places she traveled while secretary of state.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2015-03-30 08:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

we are the only ones playing by the rules
dat bias.

Careful Seha, I think the dumb might be contagious.