Why Do You Think The New Gear Is Crap(PLD)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » why do you think the new gear is crap(PLD)
why do you think the new gear is crap(PLD)
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-27 17:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to ask what your take on the fact it seems se phoned in the set for pld. the only good part is the head and legs for now. the body looks like crap the feet are not even use able the hands to early to tell. I still think the af1 and some relic is all you need.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-27 17:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear isn't crap, it's the player who can't use it right that's crap.

Helmets go on the head, not the ***!
By DimitriousRDM 2015-03-27 18:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As all good Plds know all the gear is situational.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-27 18:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If your *** is big enough, you could put a helmet on each buttcheek.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-28 19:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the head and legs are the best but over DT and PDT gear i cant see my self using it even thought i main pld as my heart and soul job.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2015-03-28 19:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DimitriousRDM said: »

Kawar is the best PLD I know, second only to Jesus.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-28 20:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »

what the hell dose this mean? Or are you really saying i am a good pld?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-03-28 20:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarcasm is a powerful thing...
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-03-28 20:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Even just looking at the google translations of some of the sets as a non-pld most of it looks pretty decent, and as already stated, situational.

Quote:
Difficult to lower the hostility at the time of the damage +12
On pants.
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-28 20:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

short answer: the Empyrean upgrade was largely lackluster

longer answer: the Empyrean upgrade has mostly been to take the existing stats of Empyrean armor and add stat vomit to them. maybe tweak a number here or there ever so slightly, and call it a day. with few exceptions, the headgear is largely garbage compared to existing options. folks are looking at Skirmish gear still trumping most Empyrean items for most jobs. a lot of pieces are situational/macro pieces instead of wearing 4/5 or 5/5. I think perhaps more than anything, the expectation of what the Empyrean items could be have colored opinions as well, as they got Relic out pretty fast after AF, but kept us waiting on Emp. for entirely too long.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-28 21:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »

Quote:
On pants.

Sounds like Enmity +12
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-28 21:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »

Quote:
On pants.

Sounds like Enmity +12

No, its actually the same wording as the effect from the Creed Collar, which lowers the amount of enmity loss when you take damage.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-28 21:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

longer answer: the Empyrean upgrade has mostly been to take the existing stats of Empyrean armor and add stat vomit to them. maybe tweak a number here or there ever so slightly, and call it a day. with few exceptions, the headgear is largely garbage compared to existing options. folks are looking at Skirmish gear still trumping most Empyrean items for most jobs. a lot of pieces are situational/macro pieces instead of wearing 4/5 or 5/5. I think perhaps more than anything, the expectation of what the Empyrean items could be have colored opinions as well, as they got Relic out pretty fast after AF, but kept us waiting on Emp. for entirely too long.

Why would anyone think this wasn't going to be how they handled Empy reforged? Only reason AF got a huge overhaul was because of how outdated it was(AF+1 was 75). Empy is 89 so there's a smaller gap between Empy and ilvl than there was for af, so naturally they're not gonna add a large *** boost to special stats on empy, just a proportionate amount. Remenber it's still ilvl119, they cant increase the stats beyond their limitations and boundaries of 119. Perhaps they set a cap on the >max< stat vomit for 119 being +20, but obviously certain equipment types get more or less of certain stats depending on jobs and then they layered the empy stats on top of that. In other words why would people think crot dmg+10% would be increased to crit dmg+20% for ilvl119? Perhaps to SE, 20% crit dmg on a piece is tantamount to ilvl 140, etc.
By mortontony1 2015-03-28 22:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Darkalenia said: »

Quote:
On pants.

Sounds like Enmity +12

No, its actually the same wording as the effect from the Creed Collar, which lowers the amount of enmity loss when you take damage.

Again: non-PLD, but yeah that's exactly what I took away from it. If you go into full cave-man speak, google translate makes a ton of sense.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-03-29 06:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole lot is rubbish just here to kill it off eyeroll :P
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
Server: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2015-03-29 06:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Head is good for a casting set, especially given the shield skill and how it affects the block rate of Ochain. Body is basically a good hybrid piece for when you need ATK/ACC but also some DT (and are okay with enmity affecting it). Feet are a swap piece for Divine Emblem casting.

Aside from this, make a good TP set out of some acro or yorium gear (depending on how you feel about DT). While this is just my opinion, PLD artifact and relic reforged are geared towards shear survival, not a well-balanced play style. You will not hit any higher content level enemy reliably as PLD if you are full-timing your DT gear.

(On a side note, Acro gear is very much a godsend as you can use D-ring to replace the PDT/MDT from Cizin while maintaining higher overall stats, if you used Cizin.)
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-29 08:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's bad because SE balances high-end augments as stronger than anything else in the game for some reason. It was like that in the first skirmish and now it's like that again.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-03-29 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
what the hell dose this mean? Or are you really saying i am a good pld?
That means the next time someone shouts for a PLD it will be "JESUS PLD ONRY". Sorry Kawar, you just can't win.
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-29 15:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »

Why would anyone think this wasn't going to be how they handled Empy reforged? Only reason AF got a huge overhaul was because of how outdated it was(AF+1 was 75). Empy is 89 so there's a smaller gap between Empy and ilvl than there was for af, so naturally they're not gonna add a large *** boost to special stats on empy, just a proportionate amount. Remenber it's still ilvl119, they cant increase the stats beyond their limitations and boundaries of 119. Perhaps they set a cap on the >max< stat vomit for 119 being +20, but obviously certain equipment types get more or less of certain stats depending on jobs and then they layered the empy stats on top of that. In other words why would people think crot dmg+10% would be increased to crit dmg+20% for ilvl119? Perhaps to SE, 20% crit dmg on a piece is tantamount to ilvl 140, etc.

don't get me wrong, this is in line with what I expected and is similar to what I predicted on the DRG forums, I believe it was. didn't stop people from dreaming unrealistically large, neither then nor now, apparently.