The Empyrean Equipment Winners.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Empyrean Equipment Winners.
The Empyrean Equipment Winners.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-26 15:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just wanted to make this post to find out the best of the best from the new Empyrean gears. It would be nice to have a breakdown of each piece on each job. For example, Thief Head 119 has Triple Attack+4% and lots of accuracy ... which is nice.

Are there any pieces that absolutely suck? You can name those as well. If we get enough information I could edit this post and put it all together.

Edit: Does anyone have a link to all the 119 versions stats?

Winners

Warrior - Head, Body, Feet
Monk - Body
White Mage - Body, Legs
Black Mage - Feet
Red Mage - Feet
Bard - Hands, Legs, Feet
Thief - Head
Samurai - Body, Legs
Paladin - Head, Body, Hands, Legs
Dark Knight - Body, Legs, Feet
Beastmaster - Hands, Legs, Feet
Dragoon - Body, Legs
Ranger - Head, Body, Hands, Legs
Ninja - Head, Body, Legs
Summoner - Legs, Feet
Blue Mage - Body, Hands, Legs
Scholar - Head
Dancer - Body, Hands
Corsair - Body, Hands
Puppetmaster - Head, Body, Legs
Geomancer - Head, Hands, Feet
Rune Fencer - Head, Body Hands Legs Feet
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-26 16:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The expected pieces (MNK AF3 body, DNC AF3 body, WHM AF3 body and legs, DRG AF3 body) all seem to have made out pretty well. I don't see any real big surprises? Alluvion Skirmish gear has taken the wind out of some pieces' sails. Like the PUP AF3 legs could have been nice, with the Martial Arts and ACC, but has been highly devalued by Taeon legs.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-26 16:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner AF3 legs and feet on about even footing for different utilities.

Legs for the Summoning Magic Skill and Blood Boon.
Feet for the Elemental Siphon return and Avatar MACC, not forgetting the perpetuation reduction of a whopping -7 either.
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2015-03-26 16:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

the way nin feet got its text modifed im assuming 119 gives +2 shadows
By mortontony1 2015-03-26 16:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU feet looked decent for MAB if you don't take the random augment train. Everything else for it looked kinda sad, though I didn't look /too/ closely.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-26 16:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I shall update my OP in a little while.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-26 16:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mewgoat said: »
the way nin feet got its text modifed im assuming 119 gives +2 shadows

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "modified". Was something in the known issues that I missed?

From the dat, it doesn't appear to be the case.

Hattori Kyahan +1 DEF:73 HP+15 STR+14 DEX+26 VIT+12 AGI+39 MND+12 CHR+30 Evasion+80 Magic Evasion+75 "Magic Def. Bonus "+5 Haste+5% "Critical Parry "+20 "Utsusemi "+1 Set: Augments "Dual Wield "
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-26 16:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So for Thief. The head with Triple attack+4 is the best. Body for Conspirator macro. Legs and Feet can be used for Despoil+. The hands look like the best for Sneak Attack and Weaponskills. +40 DEX Attack+25 and Sneak Attack +25 looks hard to beat.

Should I add the full set of THF to the OP? They are all usable.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-26 19:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Clear winner:

Heath. Cuirass +1 DEF:147 HP+63 MP+59 STR+32 DEX+16 VIT+29 AGI+19 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20 Attack+44 Evasion+44 Magic Evasion+53 "Magic Def. Bonus "+4 Haste+4% Critical hit rate +5% "Dread Spikes " potency +18% Set: Attack occ. varies with HP

SE Love Drk.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-26 20:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
So for Thief. The head with Triple attack+4 is the best. Body for Conspirator macro. Legs and Feet can be used for Despoil+. The hands look like the best for Sneak Attack and Weaponskills. +40 DEX Attack+25 and Sneak Attack +25 looks hard to beat.

Only the head is good. No one cares about Conspirator, even if they did the body only extends the benefit to the player on top of the hate list, and that could be done without reforging it. Nothing worth debuffing has a despoil list. The Sneak Attack on the hands probably works like the Trick Attack on the af hands in that they don't actually do anything. +40 dex is nice, +45 dex is better so they are beat by Taeon. The feet you could take to 109 and save yourself the hassle of carrying around a chaac belt, but I wouldn't make it a priority.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-03-26 21:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it me or did everyone forget about Bard?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-26 22:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »

Only the head is good. No one cares about Conspirator, even if they did the body only extends the benefit to the player on top of the hate list, and that could be done without reforging it. Nothing worth debuffing has a despoil list. The Sneak Attack on the hands probably works like the Trick Attack on the af hands in that they don't actually do anything. +40 dex is nice, +45 dex is better so they are beat by Taeon. The feet you could take to 109 and save yourself the hassle of carrying around a chaac belt, but I wouldn't make it a priority.

why do people act like augments on Despoil aren't worthwhile?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-26 22:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Conspirator sometimes. Also Despoil can steal TP now, so anything to boost that could be useful down the road.

Also I think the THF hands would be great for SA solo (if they work as intended), however it would be difficult to pick one for WS. Depends on the Taeon augments.

e.g. Skulk. Armlets +1 - DEF:91 HP+27 STR+14 DEX+40 VIT+29 AGI+7 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Accuracy+22 Attack+25 Evasion+36 Magic Evasion+43 "Magic Def. Bonus "+2 Haste+5% "Sneak Attack "+25 Set: Augments Triple Attack

Taeon Gloves - DEF:85 HP+25 STR+9 DEX+35 VIT+30 AGI+3 INT+10 MND+28 CHR+15 Evasion+24 Magic Accuracy+7 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+7 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Enmity-5
(My augments) ACC +17 Atk+ 17 Triple Atk +2 WSdmg +3

Personally I would use the armlets for sneak attack (and SA/Evis). Also gives more accuracy than Buremte Gloves.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-26 23:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
why do people act like augments on Despoil aren't worthwhile?
I just told you why. Those augments only work if an item can be stolen with despoil. Nothing in any event has items that can be stolen with despoil.

I use Conspirator sometimes. Also Despoil can steal TP now, so anything to boost that could be useful down the road.

Also I think the THF hands would be great for SA solo (if they work as intended), however it would be difficult to pick one for WS. Depends on the Taeon augments.

e.g. Skulk. Armlets +1 - DEF:91 HP+27 STR+14 DEX+40 VIT+29 AGI+7 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Accuracy+22 Attack+25 Evasion+36 Magic Evasion+43 "Magic Def. Bonus "+2 Haste+5% "Sneak Attack "+25 Set: Augments Triple Attack

Taeon Gloves - DEF:85 HP+25 STR+9 DEX+35 VIT+30 AGI+3 INT+10 MND+28 CHR+15 Evasion+24 Magic Accuracy+7 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+7 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Enmity-5
(My augments) ACC +17 Atk+ 17 Triple Atk +2 WSdmg +3

Personally I would use the armlets for sneak attack (and SA/Evis). Also gives more accuracy than Buremte Gloves.

The legs and feet won't affect the amount of tp stolen with despoil. Just like how all the gear that enhances mug doesn't affect the amount of hp drained with mug.

The sneak attack bonus on the hands are going to work like they did before they were reforged, and just like the one to trick attack that the af hands has. It only affects the dex damage of sneak attack that is added after ftp . In other words it adds very little damage to your weaponskill.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-26 23:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
BLU feet looked decent for MAB if you don't take the random augment train. Everything else for it looked kinda sad, though I didn't look /too/ closely.

Feet are ok if you want to avoid Helios or Hagondes for whatever reason, legs are great for spells, body/hands are still top for their respective uses, but are basically just iLVL precast/recast pieces. Head is kinda interesting, but probably not worth upgrading.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-27 00:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just told you why. Those augments only work if an item can be stolen with despoil. Nothing in any event has items that can be stolen with despoil.

Have you put Job Points into Despoil? I'm asking along the lines of the fact that you can steal TP with it now regardless of item steal success. One would assume augments to Despoil with TP-drain effect being active might not be mutually exclusive.
By mortontony1 2015-03-27 00:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Feet are ok if you want to avoid Helios or Hagondes for whatever reason, legs are great for spells, body/hands are still top for their respective uses, but are basically just iLVL precast/recast pieces. Head is kinda interesting, but probably not worth upgrading.

Gah yeah missed those pants. Blue magic skill yes please!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-27 00:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding DRK legs for the dark magic skill, and body for dread spikes.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-03-27 00:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

18% Movement on BRD +1 feet... I was underwhelmed and a little disappointed with the rest of the set. Hands and legs are definitely in for debuffs, but the fact that they didn't touch the song buffs (March+1, etc) or up the set bonus rustles my jimmies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-27 01:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for winners from these jobs: BLM RDM PLD BST RNG SAM NIN PUP SCH GEO RUN
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-03-27 01:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For BLM I'd say feet are a winner. It's defense is no longer terrible and when used with a capped PDT set/Mana Wall you're looking at -82.5% DT so far as I'm aware. I'm not sure how viable it is otherwise, but it seems to me a BLM with Mana Wall, -82.5% DT, and Phalanx combine is practically invincible.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-03-27 01:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu legs will likely be a good option for CDC, 109 version had 9 dex and i haven't checked 119 yet, but I'd bet they're a decent jump higher.

Also can throw in the entire brd set, 18% movement speed was a nice surprise and im pretty sure the hands/legs are best in slot for debuffs, will check again though to be sure.

Also whm feet keeps getting overlooked. Not sure why people don't want more enhancing magic skill for stuff other than whatever piety augments (always forget which is which for legs vs feet on pro/shell augments and not on atm).
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-27 03:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP basiclly wins on everything, abyssea always had the best pup gears
By Namonaki 2015-03-27 03:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
18% Movement on BRD +1 feet... I was underwhelmed and a little disappointed with the rest of the set. Hands and legs are definitely in for debuffs, but the fact that they didn't touch the song buffs (March+1, etc) or up the set bonus rustles my jimmies.

This is what I was expecting to happen, but it didn't. I guess I should go finish Carn off then ~_~
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-27 03:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if i had pin point best of id say pup: legs body and head
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-27 08:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Blu legs will likely be a good option for CDC, 109 version had 9 dex and i haven't checked 119 yet, but I'd bet they're a decent jump higher.

Not really, Manibozho still have more DEX, acc, and attack, if you can't manage to get DEX augs on Taeon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-27 08:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the set proc increased if you equip 5/5 +1 119 set?

If it did, that would put several sets on the list, like WAR and THF.

Knowing SE, set proc's would have probably been decreased because balance, except SAM. SAM would get 100% set proc.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-27 08:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

18% Movement on BRD +1 feet...

Most important thing here. Means my mule can keep up with me now, tubby little taru...
[+]
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-03-27 08:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for winners from these jobs: BLM RDM PLD BST RNG SAM NIN PUP SCH GEO RUN

GEO hat and feet are winners for skill/full circle/pet regen/indi duration/PDT. GEO hands 119 are better than lurid mitts for enfeebles by 5 macc for MND and more for INT.

I'm also thinking RNG legs and possibly hands will be worth it for the STP.
By Nyruul 2015-03-27 08:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
18% Movement on BRD +1 feet...

Most important thing here. Means my mule can keep up with me now, tubby little taru...

I'd be excited about this except...

[+]
First Page 2