How To 109->119 Emp. Armor???

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How to 109->119 Emp. Armor???
How to 109->119 Emp. Armor???
By Istabicure 2015-03-27 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Istabicure said: »
This game has come to the point to where if people arent spoon fed content upgrades it's "unfair". Does anyone remember when everything was dropped in a pool and you had to actually spam content with a steady group to get what you're after? This is the biggest issue with mmo's these days. Grind it, get good at it, and get what you want. Now it's "too hard". I've just recently had to start over due to some infractions, but I'm excited that "scrubs" wont have the option to have nice things ei: 119 empy gear unless they actually earn it, or buy wins from those that can win.

Unlike recent end-game contents (Unity, Incursion etc) Vagary drops are in a treasure pool. No personal coffers here.

I know.
By Keido 2015-03-27 11:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So ppl not happy that they cant AFK in Jeuno a day after the update with full upgraded Empy gears. Oh the tears I cry that you might have to do the event a lot to get said gears.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-03-27 12:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
BLM, BLU, COR, BRD, WHM, GEO and PLD

Oh joy.

I'm fairly certain that it, much like all other content in the game, can be done by pretty much any job as long as the player in question doesn't have his or her head up their ***.

I hate "X ONRY" with a passion.

Now, this is not saying that one should go in with an alliance of 18 RDM (though that would be entertaining).

The box. Think outside of it.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-03-27 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm x18? I'm in. Give me 15 min to gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-03-27 12:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
rdm x18? I'm in. Give me 15 min to gear.

Isn't THAT the truth -.-

No, it could probably be done. Creative selection of subjobs would be the game-winner here.

GoGo RDM power?
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-03-27 12:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »
Fenrir.Flyingsquirrel said: »
If they wanted to make it like delve, they would have labeled it delve... This is a new event, if you don't like it don't do it. The only one cockblocking you from this event is you, not SE.

Where in any of my posts did you read I wouldn't be doing the event? Oh that's right you didn't, because I never said that. One can be critical of how an event is constructed and still want to succeed in the event. Pointing out seeming shortfalls in comparison to events that preceded it, is offering a constructive criticism about it. Because I felt delve offered a better experience for anyone attending it? Rather then those that get the luck of the r.n.g. lotting, being able to succeed in a "long run" approach, that is a better way of doing things in my opinion.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
So, in other words, your mad SE went away from low-manning, and has gone back to an older format of players needing to show restraint in not lotting every drop, and actually requiring people to do the content in order to reap the better rewards?

No that's another assumption on your part. Im glad it's ally content, i'm glad it's difficult. It's a challenge atm, again you think people "show restraint" on lotting? lol that's a joke right? 11+ years on this game, and I think I saw true restraint at most twice.

He is just looking for someone who is mad and to toy with them. dont feed the trolls!

Echo13 said: »
Seems like the only jobs accepted on our server are BLM, BLU, COR, BRD, WHM, GEO and PLD, if you don't have any of those jobs leveled and decently geared you may find it difficult to get invites.

So... you didn't get this idea from the 14 years where its been in the game. Its your own fault for not having the jobs and gear required to get into events.

level and gear the jobs or stay behind in gear. its simple.

I typically don't do things like this, but I absolutely had to say something about this particular line. You filthy f**king HYPOCRITE!

Now for a bit on topic. I will definitely be busting my *** to get that 18% Movement for BRD, but I have to agree with alot of folk here. Most AF3 are marginal sidegrades and its kind of douche move on their part to have made us wait this long for them. Especially given that if you fight Fomors (Dissuaded Ones I think they were called) you absolutely HAVE to win. A wipe truly is a wipe on those. They can't be slept and will blood-aggro the entire distance of the room end to end when you RR.

And from what I could tell, when the Fomors popped, there was one for each job class, which is cheap considering they can't be slept and you're already outnumbered by them BEFORE you account for pet jobs.
 Bismarck.Hellangelz
By Bismarck.Hellangelz 2015-03-27 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »
So ppl not happy that they cant AFK in Jeuno a day after the update with full upgraded Empy gears. Oh the tears I cry that you might have to do the event a lot to get said gears.

You posted the same thought in 2 different threads lol....I think you're missing the point. Since you are, here it is for you.

People are confused why they would make content that needs an alliance at this stage of the game.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-03-27 12:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not done this, so I'm not sure how it would affects the battle, but can't you enter vagary with 3 people? Does the difficulty not scale down if you low-man it?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-27 12:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I have not done this, so I'm not sure how it would affects the battle, but can't you enter vagary with 3 people? Does the difficulty not scale down if you low-man it?

Yes it's 3-18 people. Reiden said just a while ago that they low-manned a bunch of papers and even cleared an NM. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a full-fledged zone clear is possible with a small group. I know I'll be trying with my LS over the weekend.
By Keido 2015-03-27 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hellangelz said: »
You posted the same thought in 2 different threads lol....I think you're missing the point. Since you are, here it is for you.

People are confused why they would make content that needs an alliance at this stage of the game.

I don't think I am. Unless somehow people complaining about what they need to accomplish said gears equates to them not wanting said gears. If that is the case then why are they doing the event at all?
 Bismarck.Hellangelz
By Bismarck.Hellangelz 2015-03-27 13:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I am. Unless somehow people complaining about what they need to accomplish said gears equates to them not wanting said gears. If that is the case then why are they doing the event at all?

Keep trying. I'll let you know when you successfully realize the variable giving the major flaw in this content, although I don't know how I could've been any less vague for you in my previous statement. Ready. Set. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*HINT* It's in the last sentence :)
By Keido 2015-03-27 13:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep trying. I'll let you know when you successfully realize the variable giving the major flaw in this content, although I don't know how I could've been any less vague for you in my previous statement. Ready. Set. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What that people are bitching because SE finally gave them what they want in the empy gear and they don't like the way they got it? Its as if you don't realize that complaining any of it is still complaining about it. Having a shared loot pool isn't the problem, having multiple people on the run isn't the problem, the empy gear being as you said a side upgrade isn't the problems. So what could it possibly be.... Lets see READY SET GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*HINT* it has something do with instant gratification.... Kinda like when you surf xhamster.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-03-27 13:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

A shared loot pool isn't an issue unless those you go with are douches, just sayin'.

Need before greed, folks, and if it's FL, don't *** (much).
 Bismarck.Hellangelz
By Bismarck.Hellangelz 2015-03-27 14:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What that people are bitching because SE finally gave them what they want in the empy gear and they don't like the way they got it? Its as if you don't realize that complaining any of it is still complaining about it. Having a shared loot pool isn't the problem, having multiple people on the run isn't the problem, the empy gear being as you said a side upgrade isn't the problems. So what could it possibly be.... Lets see READY SET GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*HINT* it has something do with instant gratification.... Kinda like when you surf xhamster.

Strike 2. Try again. It's got nothing to do with the shared lootpool. You can do it!!!!!
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-27 14:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Now, this is not saying that one should go in with an alliance of 18 RDM (though that would be entertaining).

thank you for bringing up some nostalgia. my first RPG was the original final fantasy on the NES. my favorite way to beat the game was going RDM x4. and hence when this game came out, of course I went RDM and it still is my favorite job. And yes I did go into vagary as a melee RDM (the first win was by about 1 minute, if I hadn't of done all the damage I had on RDM then we wouldn't have won). We had BST, RNG, PLD, BLM, WHM, BRD, COR, GEO, SAM, THF, MNK, RDM, BLU, SCH.... just about every job out there. And so yea, you can win vagary with pretty much any reasonable job combination (sorry but 18x WARs isn't going to cut it, you need some curing and support jobs).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-03-27 14:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the remaining FFXI community is trash, damn.

It's good the game will die soon, SE won't have to deal with a awful community any longer.

Well, the western side anyways. I'm sure the Japanese are embracing this content as the quality it is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-03-27 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

It's good the game will die soon, SE won't have to deal with a awful community any longer.

Well, the western side anyways. I'm sure the Japanese are embracing this content as the quality it is.

This statement is based on......?
By cervelo84 2015-03-27 18:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This community is one of the best ones in MMO's. I just got done playing WoW. That game is soooo bad. People join DGN groups just to wipe the raid. You can que for 20 man raids and then just leave.
By cervelo84 2015-03-27 18:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat umbril and pixie does this unlock any i119?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-27 18:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You are honestly just horrible.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-27 18:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
I beat umbril and pixie does this unlock any i119?

the minibosses do not count, you must kill the megaboss. It'll be Palloritus in the fomor zone. Putraxia in the elemental zone. Rancibus in the acuex/slime zone.
By cervelo84 2015-03-27 18:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

sob!