How To 109->119 Emp. Armor???

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How to 109->119 Emp. Armor???
How to 109->119 Emp. Armor???
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-03-26 11:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So speaking to the NPC in Port Jeuno she doesnt talk about upgrading the emp. armor from 109 to 119.

Anyone know what to do??
 Shiva.Moogleking
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2015-03-26 11:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
So speaking to the NPC in Port Jeuno she doesnt talk about upgrading the emp. armor from 109 to 119.

Anyone know what to do??

Read the update.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-03-26 11:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive read the update.

I know item(s) are needed from Vagary rewards
Besting the goes within Vagary will reward players with item level 119 equipment, materials to synthesize Superior 2 equipment, and items used to reforge empyrean armor to item level 119.

- But NPC in Port Jeuno doesnt talk about what items is needed to upgrade what armor from 109 to 119 or how many rem ch. are needed.
By Zubis 2015-03-26 12:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you actually have to do Vagary to unlock the option, or proceed past a point in SoA missions.

I think it was the same for earlier armor sets, you had to have Limbus unlocked for something?
[+]
By ClaudeusXI 2015-03-26 12:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We beat Rancibus NM and now I can see the feet +1 of all sets. So each mega boss you beat, you will gain access to new +1s. Rancibus drops Plovid Effluvium, which is used to upgrade any empy feet to 119 from 109.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-26 12:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ClaudeusXI said: »
We beat Rancibus NM and now I can see the feet +1 of all sets. So each mega boss you beat, you will gain access to new +1s. Rancibus drops Plovid Effluvium, which is used to upgrade any empy feet to 119 from 109.

inb4 people complain that they have to beat content in order to have access to gear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-26 12:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »

inb4 people complain that they have to beat content in order to have access to gear.

One of those bosses just did 40k Damage to a single Target LOL
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-03-26 13:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

One of those bosses just did 40k Damage to a single Target LOL

Ah so they didnt nerf Rudras Storm for NMs :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-03-26 13:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What NM is Rancibus? One of the "xol"? Also, are the effluvion EX?
By ClaudeusXI 2015-03-26 14:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Plovid Effluvion is a stackable and sellable item. It's one of the xol, yes. The fat slug lizard one.
 Shiva.Trumpy
Server: Shiva
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2015-03-26 18:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you give us a couple of the mats for reforgin feet 119s ClaudeusXI? Whats the pattern? 8 chapters? plovid effluvion and what else?
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-03-26 18:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, since it's now the only "upgrade" item that you need to: 1. Have to -personally- have the boss win, per SLOT of the upgrades 2. Then need a drop that you'd compete vs. everyone else in your party/alliance for. 3. Unlike Delve there is no points system to obtain more of said item. An overtly gimmicky cockblock for sidegrade gear, I think it's a valid complaint.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 19:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Moogleking said: »
Cerberus.Warviper said: »

Anyone know what to do??

Read the update.
link?
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2015-03-26 19:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the wait time on getting your gear back from Monisette, next game day?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-26 19:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »

Well, since it's now the only "upgrade" item that you need to: 1. Have to -personally- have the boss win, per SLOT of the upgrades 2. Then need a drop that you'd compete vs. everyone else in your party/alliance for. 3. Unlike Delve there is no points system to obtain more of said item. An overtly gimmicky cockblock for sidegrade gear, I think it's a valid complaint.

yea, that could cause some issues..
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 19:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked at BG, and to 109 it has all the things listed. Chapters 1-5, not bad, I still a ton of those left over. The mats are easy to farm, forget buying.

But to 119, chapters 6-10, ugh, but at least I've been saving my sparks.

Mats however all have ?'s next to them. So far the information I'd gather here is it requires to have a boss defeated for each type of piece, feet, legs, body, etc. But that's all that's listed.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-26 19:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

you can get the level 109 without doing the content. also, the upgrade item to 119 is sellable. it's not a valid complaint.
By ClaudeusXI 2015-03-26 19:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

15 memory etchings, 8 chaps (same pattern as relic, artifact). Don't forget to set RoE quest for the Xol. It's non repeatable, and rewards one synth mat (atleast it did for me).
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 19:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

the upgrade item to 119 is sellable
Thank you. That answers my main concern.
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-03-27 04:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

you can get the level 109 without doing the content. also, the upgrade item to 119 is sellable. it's not a valid complaint.

I already knew the 109's where done without the content, before I even posted I had a full 109 WAR set.

The 119 upgrade item being a sellable can be a complaint, since SE decided to cockblock the event down to who has won it already. So instead of making the item say an "EX" item and actually go to those planning on upgrading AF, now you can lot against everyone in your group in perpetuity just because someone wants to make a little more gil? SE wants us to do the content over and over again, but unlike delve however has not allowed an actual if slower method of obtaining said items. Unlike Delve in which you could attend and get some points to -eventually- gain something, the new event completely lacks that.
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Flyingsquirrel 2015-03-27 04:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I already knew the 109's where done without the content, before I even posted I had a full 109 WAR set.

The 119 upgrade item being a sellable can be a complaint, since SE decided to cockblock the event down to who has won it already. So instead of making the item say an "EX" item and actually go to those planning on upgrading AF, now you can lot against everyone in your group in perpetuity just because someone wants to make a little more gil? SE wants us to do the content over and over again, but unlike delve however has not allowed an actual if slower method of obtaining said items. Unlike Delve in which you could attend and get some points to -eventually- gain something, the new event completely lacks that.

If they wanted to make it like delve, they would have labeled it delve... This is a new event, if you don't like it don't do it. The only one cockblocking you from this event is you, not SE.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-27 04:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So, in other words, your mad SE went away from low-manning, and has gone back to an older format of players needing to show restraint in not lotting every drop, and actually requiring people to do the content in order to reap the better rewards?
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-03-27 04:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Flyingsquirrel said: »
If they wanted to make it like delve, they would have labeled it delve... This is a new event, if you don't like it don't do it. The only one cockblocking you from this event is you, not SE.

Where in any of my posts did you read I wouldn't be doing the event? Oh that's right you didn't, because I never said that. One can be critical of how an event is constructed and still want to succeed in the event. Pointing out seeming shortfalls in comparison to events that preceded it, is offering a constructive criticism about it. Because I felt delve offered a better experience for anyone attending it? Rather then those that get the luck of the r.n.g. lotting, being able to succeed in a "long run" approach, that is a better way of doing things in my opinion.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
So, in other words, your mad SE went away from low-manning, and has gone back to an older format of players needing to show restraint in not lotting every drop, and actually requiring people to do the content in order to reap the better rewards?

No that's another assumption on your part. Im glad it's ally content, i'm glad it's difficult. It's a challenge atm, again you think people "show restraint" on lotting? lol that's a joke right? 11+ years on this game, and I think I saw true restraint at most twice.
By Wordspoken 2015-03-27 10:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So..what's the issue? Is vagary difficult or something?
By Echo13 2015-03-27 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like the only jobs accepted on our server are BLM, BLU, COR, BRD, WHM, GEO and PLD, if you don't have any of those jobs leveled and decently geared you may find it difficult to get invites.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-27 10:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
So..what's the issue? Is vagary difficult or something?

Really the only difficult aspect of Vagary is the wonky fickle enmity system. BLM nukes for 5k damage and the WHM gets hate from casting silena on someone (as an example).

Understanding the gimmicks also makes for a more smoother and efficient run.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-27 10:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Echo13 said: »
Seems like the only jobs accepted on our server are BLM, BLU, COR, BRD, WHM, GEO and PLD, if you don't have any of those jobs leveled and decently geared you may find it difficult to get invites.

RNG and SMN are effective too. A well-geared SMN can nearly one-shot the Acuex's in the Legion-esque Vagary zone (the one with waves of mobs).
By Istabicure 2015-03-27 10:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This game has come to the point to where if people arent spoon fed content upgrades it's "unfair". Does anyone remember when everything was dropped in a pool and you had to actually spam content with a steady group to get what you're after? This is the biggest issue with mmo's these days. Grind it, get good at it, and get what you want. Now it's "too hard". I've just recently had to start over due to some infractions, but I'm excited that "scrubs" wont have the option to have nice things ei: 119 empy gear unless they actually earn it, or buy wins from those that can win.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-27 10:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Istabicure said: »
This game has come to the point to where if people arent spoon fed content upgrades it's "unfair". Does anyone remember when everything was dropped in a pool and you had to actually spam content with a steady group to get what you're after? This is the biggest issue with mmo's these days. Grind it, get good at it, and get what you want. Now it's "too hard". I've just recently had to start over due to some infractions, but I'm excited that "scrubs" wont have the option to have nice things ei: 119 empy gear unless they actually earn it, or buy wins from those that can win.

Unlike recent end-game contents (Unity, Incursion etc) Vagary drops are in a treasure pool. No personal coffers here.
First Page 2