Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Geomancer Empyrean Quest
Geomancer Empyrean Quest
By eslos 2015-03-26 22:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not impatient I'm just finding it really annoying to add this when no ones going to be doing this content because they are either busy farming chapters or abyssea NMs or doing some Vagary. No ones going to bother with VW as of right now or not even for awhile.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-26 23:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxidb.com/items/2189

Legion or 1% drop rate from the Highwing Hippo in Woh Gates.

edit: Noticed that head with +10 augmented cape gives 858, and that +1 head would be 863, and that if I had the +10 ring would be 873.

I would think it would be a new tier or 2 but would it be even worth it?
By charlo999 2015-03-27 05:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

135 Geo quest NM
After seeing some posts of people beating this and then seeing jeanpauls post on the run quest that ill have to do later I thought id post this for those looking to beat this and to try to pinpoint the weakness of this nm.

I had the problem unlike the posts I saw soloing of not having teir5 nukes unlocked. I put up focus each time based on other accounts i read but I think you maybe able to put up MAB.
Took me about 10 pops to beat this trying to get the right nukes. Also it can be a pain if it lullaby's you then gets you with elegy with shadows down and it can slow you on top of that making utsu recast stupidly long.
seems to be the same element to start every time I went within a short period, day or zone weather seems to affect this. It was late watersday when I started, first half of watersday was always water4 to start though. But I think earth weather got up within that day.

After reading jeans post the run NM changes element to the next elemental day after a WS. I tried the same teir nukes after I hit a weak one. And only one other element hit but for half damage everytime. it was water 4 weak > blizz4 half damage (distortion elements?) Seems that you have to change teirs to get full damage then you can swap back. I did T4 > T3 > T4.
cant do the fight again so just putting forward any info to try and pin this mechanic down.
By gargurty 2015-03-27 05:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the quest last day and saw a geo get beaten with ease. Tried it myself and foudn out t1 did 2 %, but whe i used t5 it was instand death for the nm :)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-27 06:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolster indi focus and cast 3 tier 4 nukes. Be aware that he can open with horde lullaby.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-03-27 06:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

edit: Noticed that head with +10 augmented cape gives 858, and that +1 head would be 863, and that if I had the +10 ring would be 873.

I would think it would be a new tier or 2 but would it be even worth it?

858 -> 868 is 1 fury and 1 precision tier so +~0.4% attack and 1 acc. 863 may be a tier for precision and 873 miiiiiight be a tier for frailty, torpor or acumen. might. I can test it later today or this weekend.

Also for the fight I would recommend focus over acumen. I would say it's more likely the ghost is just highly resistant rather than there being any kind of weird day mechanic, as my fire 5 would do anywhere from 98 damage to 7k in the same fight. You do seem to get infinite retries though, so totally worth it given the whole fiendish skin shortage.
By charlo999 2015-03-27 09:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm maybe but what are the chances of going 5 times with a unresisted water 5 4500 damage and half resisted blizzard 5 3000 every time. With every other t5 in the 100s.
Plus they make an element mechanic on run quest but not geo?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-27 09:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There is also the whole minuet and lullaby combo which can wreck ya.

Had a couple of tries where it would minuet itself while I was finding the elemental weakness lullaby me and then just straight hit me for 1k dmg (non crit).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-27 12:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
Did the quest last day and saw a geo get beaten with ease. Tried it myself and foudn out t1 did 2 %, but whe i used t5 it was instand death for the nm :)

Was this on 109 or 135?
 Fenrir.Sumy
user: Sumy
By Fenrir.Sumy 2015-03-28 19:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess you can say I'm giving up the ghost -- it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... 2hrs of running back and forth on ilevel 135 ghost TWO of my spells landed for more than double digits, and they didn't even remove 20% of its HP.

ilevel 125 depops on me at 80% HP EVERY time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-29 00:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally beat this fight after maybe... 30 tries on 135. Lost a bunch, depopped more than I can count. I was sooo persistent, and even lowered the content level to 125 to try to learn some things (didn't win those either, though I wasn't trying). I can share what I have learned *relieved*

I spent a ton of gil on augments trying to increase my macc, because I was told mine was low. Didn't really help much, and I don't believe that was the case, as I didn't really gain any huge macc, but I did make some minor adjustments to my sets; I can say for sure this NM is all about "Guessing" correctly, properly timed nukes, and running away with movements speed, as well as utsusemi (FC build). In other words, this fight is really just a bad example of dumb luck. But it can be beaten with an above average nuking and macc set (mine is probably average).

Few notes

Screenshots of battle:
Edit: Did not use Bolster for this fight. I'd also recommend turning lockstyle off for this fight. The reason is because the blinking can actually help your spellcasting lag, which restricts you from moving directly after casting. Blinking causes the damage to appear, but you can also move right away. Just a thought.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-03-29 03:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did this tonight and got lucky; went 1/2 on my 135 fight hoping to learn from it as I went. Did not expect to win so soon! A screenshot from my surprisingly quick battle:

First time I timed out; Iceday with Wind Weather, Aero IV did full damage but then I couldn't find a weakness after that as I kept kiting it. Timed out, took minimal damage (got lucky that I outran a Horde Lullaby) and decided to come back for round two.

Round two, the day changed. Popped a Fruit Parfait (figured the extra damage couldn't hurt, if I nailed a proper nuke), and popped the ghost. Lightningday, Earth Weather, tried Stone first and got nada. Thunder was successful, however, so I followed with the T3 for reduced damage but still hit the weakness. After that I pretty much tossed out nukes to see what would happen. I got lucky Fire landed for full damage so I simply tossed on the T3 after that and boom, done. One thing I did notice is that both times I hit it, it was in the middle of casting Victory March; could it take full damage while it's casting? Just a thought.

I guess I just got lucky. @.@

Edit: Scratch my full damage during casting theory; it finished casting March before my first nuke went off.

Edit to my Edit: New theory, one that actually worked 1/1 when I coached a linkshell mate through it. When he popped it, it was just Lightningday, no weather. First nuke I had him try was thunder to attempt to see if day triggered it. No dice. So I had him try water on a hunch, and water was the weakness. When that resisted, I had him try fire, continuing my hunch, and it too did not resist.

So my theory is this: I suspect that he rotates along the elemental wheel, going to the element weak to his last weakness. In this case he went water > fire. Obviously I can't be 100% sure of this because we only had a small sample, but it's something to pursue.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-29 05:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me, I think, 4 or 5 tries to do the 135 fight. Overall I did a lot of panic/mistakes in the first attempts, but after that it's been strange. Mostly nukes doing ***damage despite me rotating elements on T5 (I actually ran out of MP on one attempt and mob was still at 40ish %, when on other attempts a T5 would take over 80% health alone).
Another time I timed out the 3 mins lol.

I thought it took me a lot, but after seeing how many attempts some of you guys had to do I guess I've been lucky :D

Took me only 3 for the RUN one instead (or 2?).
Either way these fights are a really nice addition, loved it ^^
By charlo999 2015-03-29 11:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

People are saying this NM depops strangly. But after reading the RUN nm it looks to simply have a 3 min window to kill it before it depops.
My suggestion would be that you seem to have a window of about half a dayish where the starting element will always be the same for weakness.
So once you find it always start by getting a T4 > T3 of that element off before it changes it (before it gets a tp move off or whatever mechanic changes it).
Then after the 2 nukes and you re shadow it will probably get a tp move off so try a T4 of the next day of the week folllowed by a quick T3 if you need it before it changes again.
If that won't work start again with the same tactic of the starting weak element T4 T3 then just try different elements after each time until you nail it. The window of the starting element weakness should stay for quite a few trys before it changes and you have to start again from scratch.
It's been said the starting element always seems to be the day or the weather.
At least with this strat you will only have to find 1 other weakness within that window if your fast enough with the second wave of 2 nukes.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-03-29 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if this was posted anywhere, but this is repeatable after conquest tally. Did it again, and got another codex.
By Streak 2015-03-30 13:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat the 135 after 6-7 tries using GEO/NIN. It's completely random and very frustrating.

My assumption is that there is no pattern to the elemental weakness changes and simply 1/6 chance. If you hit his weakness, it will reroll a new weakness.

You need to land 3-4 nukes to win, and you have 3 minutes to do it in. I used indi-focus after getting a few resists even when hitting his weakness. I set up a geo refresh to run through once in awhile while kiting. I also kept a vile elixir and +1 on hand just in case, although I didn't end up using them.

It's a nightmare, with PDT on, his normal hit still scored a critical hit on me for over 950 damage, so there is almost no margin for error.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-03-30 17:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For the sake of data collection and 119 feet I redid this today. I got 4 resisted fire nukes followed by 2 completely unresisted wind nukes around 20:00 on Windsday no weather using focus and high macc nuking set. Also horde lullaby is the worst.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-04-11 11:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, little story, after Abyssea-burning GEO from 30-99 last week with the help of some friends and netflix, I took 3 days to casually cap out geomancy/handbell skill(thank you again netflix).

Last couple of days I've been gathering AF/Relic 109 gear, just collecting stuff before I start putting the pieces together. Today, I got to the quest for Empyrean gear. I made a few T4/T3 nuke macros with a mix of GEO gear and RDM nuke gear I had. A ramshackle Indi-Focus macro, and some ramshackle Utsusemi Ichi/Ni macros I ran out to mea to try the 135 fight. I figured, wth, "No guts, no glory", right?

I was actually half-expecting to get my *** handed to me a few times, as this was the first time actively using GEO since I Abyssea-burned it. Assuming you don't count the 3 days of Indi spam while watching netflix lol.

To my surprise I ended up going 1/1 on it. The four nukes in the screenshot are the only 4 nukes I cast before it died. Only the third one was super resisted. It was Waterday and Wind Weather(assuming it matters) was also active at the time.

Did I just get extremely lucky or is this 135 fight a complete joke?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-11 12:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Extremely lucky.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-22 08:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The 135 version of the fight has a bit of luck involved, but it also has to do with ensuring that you're properly prepared in general. After failing 5x I decided to create a custom macro set just for the known mechanics of the fight itself (Utsusemi, T4 nuke palette readily available on the same line, movement+, etc.) and I won the very next attempt.

It might be different for each player, but for me, I went full-time movement+ and kited. Fast cast build on utsusemi made ALL the difference - especially when dealing with up-close situations. It's definitely a balance on knowing how far to run without losing aggro, knowing when to nuke and timing your utsusemi recast.

And you'll want to make sure you have 11 spaces open before starting the fight. The loot drops immediately upon defeating the ghost. There's no treasure coffer, etc.

My drops:

Khroma Ore x2
Arachne Thread x1
Siren's Hair x4
Star Sapphire x3
Codex x1
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By cervelo84 2015-05-26 19:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

do I need to finish the relic to unlock empy ?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-05-26 20:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
do I need to finish the relic to unlock empy ?

No, just finish the quest for accessing relic gear and talk to Sylvie.
By cervelo84 2015-05-27 17:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else do this on a mule? I am having problems with this fight, the ghost keeps disappearing. I am not capped with skills so I have to do this fight very cautiously. About 4-5 minutes into the fight the ghost just disappears.

I see there is an option for a CL125 is this the same thing but you can use party members?
By cervelo84 2015-05-27 19:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so I read this post more closely and I see people doing the CL135,

What is the difference between the two because it seems they are both soloable? (109 and 135?)

And this fight is only for the body unlock?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-05-28 00:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The main difference is the amount of items (materials for other pieces in the set) you receive. You can do the 109 to gain access to the empy armor set then do the fight at a higher difficulty level later.
By oyama 2015-06-11 04:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as a quick note, if you have a DD job and don't mind doing it on non-Geo and with trusts, Ingrid trust works wonders, at least on 109 version. He's a ghost and she's an exorcist....

She banished him and then I hit him with a 10k CDC. So that works. I don't know if it would work on higher level version but I thought it was worth mentioning that her banishing makes him susceptible to physical DD, which removes having to find the elemental weakness. I'm gonna try the 135 one after conquest tally.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-28 03:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So I went to do this for some Etched Memories and such after getting lucky the first time I did it and going 1/2. I've since realized it'd be easier to make a Vagary group for some Etched Memories than regularly farm this damn 135 fight.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-08-19 02:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having trouble flagging this. Sylvie gave the quest (mentions going to H-7 in Morimar and quest is in my log), but I am checking the ??? there and it just says "There is nothing out of the ordinary here." At first I thought maybe I had already gotten the CS there and went to talk to Sylvie again, but she still mentions H-7 Morimar... am I at the wrong ??? or something? It's right below the Frostbloom ergon locus, right?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-08-19 03:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said: »
I'm having trouble flagging this. Sylvie gave the quest (mentions going to H-7 in Morimar and quest is in my log), but I am checking the ??? there and it just says "There is nothing out of the ordinary here." At first I thought maybe I had already gotten the CS there and went to talk to Sylvie again, but she still mentions H-7 Morimar... am I at the wrong ??? or something? It's right below the Frostbloom ergon locus, right?
It's a long shot but wiki mentions a cutscene near the Ergon Locus at (J-6), may give it a try.

Source

Edit: Nevermind, not a long shot. This is exactly it.
eslos said: »
Talk to Sylvie and she'll tell you to go to Morimar basalt fields where you fought the malboro for AF1.

Then after the CS there head to H-7 Morimar basalt fields(Pride rock)