Forum » FFXI » General » can someone help me and explain this to me
can someone help me and explain this to me
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the boxs in the conifg windows on playonline and ffxi checked to be windowed mini when final fantasy loads up i want it to start windowed like that.

any ideas what is going wrong why it only did it once the way i want.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-25 18:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.windower.net go there, download (or redownload), open, hit the pen bottom left, highlight "Window", youll never need to deal with this issue ever again. the why no longer applies.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 18:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
http://www.windower.net go there, download (or redownload), open, hit the pen bottom left, highlight "Window", youll never need to deal with this issue ever again. the why no longer applies.
no i am doing it from the config i want to know why the problem i am having is happening so i can fix it. not just push it off and use a work around
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-25 18:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

its not a work around, it is literally what will end this problem for you, and probably the next 5-6 problems you have as well. imagine not having to deal with issues or problems like that, it is that simple.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 18:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

its not a work around, it is literally what will end this problem for you, and probably the next 5-6 problems you have as well. imagine not having to deal with issues or problems like that, it is that simple.
Thing is i want the problems so i can find how to fixs them. that is why i am asking how i fix this problem i am having. I had it working last week then tonight it is not working.
what am i doing wrong?
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-25 18:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

thats understandable my good sir. but in this case, it is a registry thing (i believe thats how i should put it), which in both cases ends up with the same result. so, just for a second, i want you to download windower, as a tool for diagnosis. see if it works with windower, then if it doesnt (after making sure that you have followed the simple instructions, not just hit the arrow to start it), come back here and whether or not it started in windowed mode after you did that will provide you with the answers to the why, so that you can "fix them" should it happen again. this is because there is only a few things it could mean at that point. so you either want to fix it and learn why, or you dont. this is absolutely the best way to do it! or else you have to spend hours digging through code to save your world!
By Nyruul 2015-03-25 18:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The forces of binary are telling you to quit ffxi.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 19:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ok windower is started btw what do i do next?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 19:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

thats understandable my good sir. but in this case, it is a registry thing (i believe thats how i should put it), which in both cases ends up with the same result. so, just for a second, i want you to download windower, as a tool for diagnosis. see if it works with windower, then if it doesnt (after making sure that you have followed the simple instructions, not just hit the arrow to start it), come back here and whether or not it started in windowed mode after you did that will provide you with the answers to the why, so that you can "fix them" should it happen again. this is because there is only a few things it could mean at that point. so you either want to fix it and learn why, or you dont. this is absolutely the best way to do it! or else you have to spend hours digging through code to save your world!
red numbers flashed on my screen then when i hit decline the window crashed.

btw it did not do any thing and it did not change my window the way i want I am going to try to unisntall and reinstall.

ok let me check this now if it works i will let you know if not i will still let you know.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-25 19:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, do you see the pen looking thing in the lower left hand corner? click that, then when it opens up to a screen, halfway down, in the middle on the right hand side, there is the word "Windowed". click that with your mouse so it turns green (or colored over if youre color blind). then after you have done that there is an arrow pointing left at the upper left hand corner. Hit that arrow. then youll arrive back to the first screen, the last step is to hit the arrow at the bottom right hand corner. if you did everything i told you to do here, then you should be all set. if you have any issues, please restart from the beginning of this post, and go over it again. i can assure you there is absolutely no way this wont work. it is designed to be that simple.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-25 19:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesnt matter. that is irrelevent because it is put into place to make ffxi run better and more efficiently. ignore those red letters, they will disapear from sight, (it is just like a "credits reel" from a movie, justs listing who helped you enjoy what youre doing now) and dont hit decline. just play the game from there. dont worry about every little thing along the way or you will end up with no one willing to spend patience on helping you. enjoy the game, you are at a point where you can play it unhindered. please, enjoy the game.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 19:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, do you see the pen looking thing in the lower left hand corner? click that, then when it opens up to a screen, halfway down, in the middle on the right hand side, there is the word "Windowed". click that with your mouse so it turns green (or colored over if youre color blind). then after you have done that there is an arrow pointing left at the upper left hand corner. Hit that arrow. then youll arrive back to the first screen, the last step is to hit the arrow at the bottom right hand corner. if you did everything i told you to do here, then you should be all set. if you have any issues, please restart from the beginning of this post, and go over it again. i can assure you there is absolutely no way this wont work. it is designed to be that simple.
I just ran every thing the way you said and it did nothing do you have any other ideas?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-25 19:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats your problem?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 19:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Whats your problem?
when i hit play the game should load windowed and every thing should be fit to a small window i like to play like that it makes it easyer to get back to my computer to do other things i am open to ideas before i uninstall and reinstall.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-25 19:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
red numbers flashed on my screen then when i hit decline the window crashed.

btw it did not do any thing and it did not change my window the way i want I am going to try to unisntall and reinstall.

ok let me check this now if it works i will let you know if not i will still let you know.

this post means that it did something. if it wasnt windowed, i can tell you that you didnt follow the directions. just imagine for a second that you misread something, didnt understand it, or did it all right and it is working as intended, not that there is something "wrong" or "malfunctioning" here.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-25 19:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So, aparently, when you launch your windower, you enter in full screen mode right?

At what point? After the "play" button?
By mortontony1 2015-03-25 19:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats your problem?
when i hit play the game should load windowed and every thing should be fit to a small window i like to play like that it makes it easyer to get back to my computer to do other things i am open to ideas before i uninstall and reinstall.

What's wrong with alt+tabbing?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-25 19:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Whats your problem?

What's wrong with alt+tabbing?

I think he entered in fullscreen mode.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-25 19:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, aparently, when you launch your windower, you enter in full screen mode right?

it is not in side windower that matters to me. it is once i clicked windowed mode on the config list for playonline and final fantasy i have both clicked on the box. then i go to load the game the play online window stays windowed. after i hit play the window gos full screen and stays that way.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-25 19:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

it is not in side windower that matters to me. it is once i clicked windowed mode on the config list for playonline and final fantasy i have both clicked on the box. then i go to load the game the play online window stays windowed. after i hit play the window gos full screen and stays that way.

There are option box for diferent region systems. You need to click "windowed" in the correct region.

For example, when i enter in that menu, the are the exe "tools", "toolsUS" and "toolEU". I use toolUS -> final fantasy config to enable windowed mode.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-25 20:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you choose border less window, it is in windowed mode but appears full screen. You can also edit the registry settings to your screen resolution to avoid crashing when you alt+tab.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-25 20:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

youre not allowed to have your cake and eat it too.

Do you want to play final fantasy IX while still being about to do other things?

if you answered yes to this question, then you have two options.

1. use the windower program and play right now. youll NOT be using the config for playonline and final fantasy, yet youll play the game in windowed mode right now, accomplish the goal you set out to do over an hour ago. (you posted at 18:29:34, it is now 20:00:16) this will allow you to alt+tab to other programs regardless, it will functionally put you where you want to be.

2. waste an ungodly amount of time. youll eventually decide that you cant do it your way, (seeing as its been an hour and you havnt accomplished your specific way yet) and end up taking option number 1 anyway, or just outright giving up on playing at all because you cant complete your goal in a specific way, when other ways have been allotted for you, OR just play without windower or in windowed mode at all, back where you started having wasted time that could have been better spent walking to the nearest mcdonalds and donating to the ronald modonald house charity.

i would like to hammer a nail thats sticking out of the side of a deck, being all dangerous and what not, with a hammer. however if there isnt a hammer readily available, you know you could spend all day looking for a hammer to do it and maybe/maybe not find one, and there is a rock on the ground, in clear sight, would you look for the hammer, or just use the rock when for all intents and purposes,will get the job done?
By mortontony1 2015-03-25 20:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk from what I'm able to decipher it really seems to me like he's asking for a 'true windowed' mode, drag-around-able and the like.

Quote:
should be fit to a small window
Quote:
then i go to load the game the play online window stays windowed. after i hit play the window gos full screen and stays that way.

Might just be my interpretation though.
By Jyudo 2015-03-25 22:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having problems with ffxiconfig windower as well, can someone help me explain this to me...

[+]
 Shiva.Mulitus
Server: Shiva
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-03-26 01:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

the problem can be your resolution setting . If you want to play the game showing the best graphics than you have to run in lets say 1920 1080 for example which means even if your in a window screen it will look like full screen . To fix this problem you just have to be ok with less resolution and graphics .
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-26 17:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »

Idk from what I'm able to decipher it really seems to me like he's asking for a 'true windowed' mode, drag-around-able and the like.

Quote:
should be fit to a small window
Quote:
then i go to load the game the play online window stays windowed. after i hit play the window gos full screen and stays that way.

Might just be my interpretation though.
Shiva.Mulitus said: »
the problem can be your resolution setting . If you want to play the game showing the best graphics than you have to run in lets say 1920 1080 for example which means even if your in a window screen it will look like full screen . To fix this problem you just have to be ok with less resolution and graphics .
Jyudo said: »
I've been having problems with ffxiconfig windower as well, can someone help me explain this to me...

I am about to try again after letting it uninstall over night then reinstalling it before class this morning.

but this is what i was trying to do right from the help file.
(Default: Not Checked)

Checking this option will allow you to run "FINAL FANTASY XI" in windowed mode.

You may experience lower frame rates or other problems depending on your computer's specifications. Uncheck the box and use full screen mode to improve performance.

Click the [Start in Windowed Mode] check box to toggle between full screen and windowed mode.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-26 17:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did you find that option?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-26 17:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jyudo said: »

There can be... only one!
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-26 17:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did you find that option?
just open the final fantasy config window that is all right there on the main tab on both playonline and the final fantasy configs.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-26 17:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i got it after i uninstalled it works now that i reinstalled.
[+]