What's The Best Way To Manage Gearswap And Xml?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the best way to manage gearswap and xml?
What's the best way to manage gearswap and xml?
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2015-03-24 11:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but when I update my lua files I do "//gearswap export sets xml" and it creates a file with named "<character> <date>.xml" in the exports directory, to which I then need to rename to "<character>_<job>.xml" and copy it over to my spellcast directory.

What's the best way I can short circuit this process?

I wanted to create some symbolic/hard link between the files, but I don't know how to control the name that is produced by gearswap.

Plan B at the moment seems to be maybe use CygwinX or something and just write a simple shell script to do this for me (which would enable me to copy to network drive and 2nd laptop at the same time). I'm guessing I'd have to hack a piece of gear into it as the job name or set up a case condition looking for something unique like AF.

Is there any better method out there?
By ibm2431 2015-03-27 08:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs export mainjob sets xml overwrite

Gearswap will then use the Character_JOB format in the exported filename (due to the 'mainjob' argument). It will also overwrite any files with the same filename (due to, obviously, the 'overwrite' argument). The order of the arguments doesn't matter - they're just flags.

If you look inside windower_dir/addons/GearSwap/export.lua, you can find the defined path that gearswap will export them to. You might be able to modify this to be your spellcast directory. This may or may not be overwritten by future gearswap updates - I haven't tried it myself.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2015-04-01 21:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you exactly what I was looking for.

You can relatively easily just make hard links between the files:

from cmd prompt cd to the spellcast directory: mklink /H <link> <target>

I was having trouble linking the files directly with ../../GearSwap/export/data/char_JOB.xml in the target, not sure why (actually looking at it now I think I omitted addons in path, doh!) But I just did: mklink /H JOB.xml char_JOB.xml 22 times, then moved all the char_JOB.xml files back to the export directory and added char_ to the JOB.xml files they're still linked, so now I can edit the lua do 1 export and gearcollector should pick them up without any other action.