First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Odin.Balamor
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: DJsouko
By Odin.Balamor 2015-03-23 05:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hi, everyone. im japanese.
so it maybe hard to understanding but please read this post.

i made the site at at change.org for asking SE to keep developping FFXI.
http://goo.gl/oNWAoz

if you agtee then Team up? Create an alliance?

please /help and /assist FFXI!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 05:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to pay their bills too while you are at it?

Cause I'm sure that a company who has a profitable product and service will randomly stop providing that product and service just for kicks.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-03-23 05:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I sign it, good luck.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-23 05:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Signed

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-03-23 05:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Signed
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 06:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A petition started by a Japanese person? Well it might just work.
 Valefor.Pyroluv
Server: Valefor
user: pyroluv
By Valefor.Pyroluv 2015-03-23 06:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

/
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-03-23 06:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

done
By Senyn 2015-03-23 06:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad, simply sad.
By caseyanthony 2015-03-23 06:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Senyn said: »
Sad, simply sad.

This they know how many people play the game, they know most are all going to be angry about it this won't change a damn thing.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-23 06:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt anything will happen, but signed since it's not like it cost me effort or anything.
[+]
By camaroz 2015-03-23 07:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Signed
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-23 07:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Cause I'm sure that a company who has a profitable product and service will randomly stop providing that product and service just for kicks.

Maybe not just for kicks, but I know that TV networks have killed highly rated shows for various reasons that wouldn't make sense to their viewers. I don't see this situation as much different.

I'm sure FFXI is still quite profitable for them, but they obviously feel they can make even higher profits and perhaps capture a more desirable demographic by shifting their resources to mobile games. Personally, I think they're in for a rude awakening.

As for the petition, I say don't stand in SE's way. Let them go through with this plan, and let it crash and burn. It will be the end of FFXI as we know it regardless of whether this endeavor succeeds or fails, but I think it's better for gaming as an industry if this sort of thing is proven to be a bad idea.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 07:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I signed the 100th signature, just cause it was available.

Still don't think this will succeed though.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 07:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I signed the 100th signature, just cause it was available.

Still don't think this will succeed though.
It probably won't but it has to be better than just sitting back and accepting it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-23 07:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

Maybe not just for kicks, but I know that TV networks have killed highly rated shows for various reasons that wouldn't make sense to their viewers. I don't see this situation as much different.

I'm sure FFXI is still quite profitable for them, but they obviously feel they can make even higher profits and perhaps capture a more desirable demographic by shifting their resources to mobile games. Personally, I think they're in for a rude awakening.

As for the petition, I say don't stand in SE's way. Let them go through with this plan, and let it crash and burn. It will be the end of FFXI as we know it regardless of whether this endeavor succeeds or fails, but I think it's better for gaming as an industry if this sort of thing is proven to be a bad idea.

XI is a successful 13 year old MMO that has reached the decline phase in its lifespan and you're surprised it's getting canned? Cmon, the game has declined so badly, some servers can barely sustain a few hundred online at any given time.

Cost to run servers, hire staff and maintain the game has likely been trending or trended towards a net loss. Else, why would they shitcan updates? The mobile 'successor' to XI promises new subs and at least some connection to Vana'Diel but the current game? Is dead.

This isn't some season 1 hit canned by evil execs, it's a game that has unfortunately thanks to SE and players has become something on life support. It's sad times all around but such is life. One last hurrah to November.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 07:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, to TL;DR Sparth, this isn't Futurama or Family Guy that a bit of fan outcry will get the networks shifted with new content coming out for years to come.

This is Fonzie riding a god damn great white.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-23 07:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope Matsui realizes most of this is his fault and live on the rest of his life with regret and despair that will lead him to commit seppuku on a Hagun replica.

Ok maybe not, but he has to at least get erectile dysfunction because of this guilt.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-03-23 07:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not, signed!
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-03-23 07:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Signed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Turqone
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Turqone 2015-03-23 07:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Signed. Ff11 for ever . Since 2003. AKA Turquoise Gilgamesh.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-03-23 07:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No let the game die
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 07:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Any bets on how many signatures this will get? Range of 50 though, since it's almost impossible to do exact.

I would say 250-300 total signatures by this time Wednesday, and it will die out by then.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-03-23 07:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By caseyanthony 2015-03-23 08:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When people on bg joked last week the official forums would go into meltdown if the live event was to annouce the end of game everyone laughed yet here we have the ffxiah community who are having the worst meltdown.

The game isn't even ending per say it's just no longer going to have major updates it will continue for as long as you log in and pay and seeing how most have reacted I would wager that will be a long time.

So relax.
[+]
 Odin.Colway
user: colway
By Odin.Colway 2015-03-23 08:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

signed
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-03-23 08:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
XI is a successful 13 year old MMO that has reached the decline phase in its lifespan and you're surprised it's getting canned? Cmon, the game has declined so badly, some servers can barely sustain a few hundred online at any given time.

Lineage was released in 1998 and it's still alive(in Korea), Everquest was released in 1999 and it's still alive. Just because the game is old doesn't mean it's not profitable.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-03-23 08:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I just hope Matsui realizes most of this is his fault and live on the rest of his life with regret and despair that will lead him to commit seppuku on a Hagun replica.

Ok maybe not, but he has to at least get erectile dysfunction because of this guilt.

Giving up the development for the console/PC version FFXI and go for the mobile version was probably not his decision.

But I probably wont forgive him for ending the 75 era FFXI and made FFXI more casual though. IMO the game would die a lot slower if linkshels are still relevant and gears takes years to obtain. When players obtain a gear in 5hr of gameplay and create 1 relic in less than 1 month, they just get bored and quit faster.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-23 08:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Giving up the development for the console/PC version FFXI and go for the mobile version was probably not his decision.
Not that, that is just a consequence of FFXI becoming not profitable enough, which happened because of the SoA bleed.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11