Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 04:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46512

So what has caught your eye? There's obviously the stuff we already knew like Empy reforged and Vagary but this one in particular got my attention:

Tiamat Drop Changes - Creating new drops
- Setting high-tier mission battelfield loot

So Tiamat getting new drops, perhaps changing him to a popped NM? Something about a high-tier battlefield anyway so maybe a new higher level Tiamat will exist.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-23 04:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Tiamat Drop Changes - Creating new drops
- Setting high-tier mission battelfield loot.

This caught my eye as well, I think they're taking the Herald's gaiters away from her in favor of something new and the gaiters becoming a drop from one of the High tier BCNMs.
(Ouryu comes to mind.)
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 04:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps Tiamat will drop a ra/ex version of Herald's Gaiters and like you say, Ouryu might drop the ra version.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-23 04:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a dev post about Tiamat/Gaiters already. Basically, it's the same thing they did with a lot of free spawn NM drops.

NM drop will be made into a rare/EX ver, and a BC will be added that drops the original non-EX version.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-23 04:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw rdm is getting ws not innate to rdm. Cause rdm will use anything more than savage blade... why?
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 05:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
Saw rdm is getting ws not innate to rdm. Cause rdm will use anything more than savage blade... why?
The change would have made sense when CDC wasn't as easily obtained as it is now, so suddenly RDM will have access to all the same WS as WAR I assume but it means little as they already have access to Savage Blade and CDC, the only 2 worth using.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-23 05:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and rdm with savage will get nerfed soon enough soon as people find out how to gear it right and see the numbers it pulls.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-23 05:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

cant wait to see stats on abyssea gear

and updates to pup
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 05:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and rdm with savage will get nerfed soon enough soon as people find out how to gear it right and see the numbers it pulls.
Well I would say that's unlikely, Rudra's only got nerfed because of the regular spiked numbers THF can pull out stacking it with SA/TA, coupled with SC damage it needed a reduction, especially if this Ardor spell is going to be as good as they are making out.
By Draylo 2015-03-23 05:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary looks very similar to Delve, should be really fun!
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-23 05:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont say that draylo lol it must be better then delve, ugh hated delve
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-23 06:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They are trying to fix enmity. Says they are increasing the cap and adjusting enmity gained from dealing damage.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-03-23 06:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably getting sanguine blade which would be really nice when using mage subs, or dual wield subs like /dnc and /nin.

Rdm/war with sword+shield +sanguine blade right now is a pretty hard thing to take down, being able to rdm/nin and get sanguine would make us crazy strong by adding that ws to our bag of tricks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-03-23 07:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, RDM should of had those sword weapon skills that war drk pld blu uses a long time ago (barring swift blade) and they used alot of swords.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 07:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
They are trying to fix enmity. Says they are increasing the cap and adjusting enmity gained from dealing damage.
I think that should be the case, damage should be a very poor way to generate enmity, take for example a situation in another RPG where you are the big strong guy and have a group of enemies trying to take you down, there's the tank using abilities to focus your attention, the healer keeping everyone alive and then a few damage dealers.

Who would you take out first? If I'm forced onto the tank due to his abilities then fine my hands are tied but any opportunity I get, I'm aiming to take out the healer, once they go down, they all start to topple.
 Asura.Merrilyn
user: xff8x
By Asura.Merrilyn 2015-03-23 07:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, making 'tweaks' to songs. I wonder what they'll be modifying .. .
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 07:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Merrilyn said: »
Was that where they were changing Etudes so they don't decay? Or did that happen last update?
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-23 07:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
honestly, RDM should of had those sword weapon skills that war drk pld blu uses a long time ago (barring swift blade) and they used alot of swords.

And a "B" in shield skill, seriously F in shield skill ...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 07:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »

And an actual shield.

Genbu Shield is nice, but there needs to be a better shield now for RDM...

Got to use that Fencer trait somehow.
[+]
By Crevox 2015-03-23 07:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Merrilyn said: »
Was that where they were changing Etudes so they don't decay? Or did that happen last update?

It's this update, alongside the drain update for Dark Knight and Carbuncle's Glittering Ruby.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 07:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
Dont say that draylo lol it must be better then delve, ugh hated delve

Really? It's been the only enjoyable ally-based content they've put out in SoA, imo. =\
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-23 07:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I don't see how they're supposed to be getting this TP when they're swapping weapons for ideal casting stats...

*scurries away before the melee-mage crowd can start chucking their usual rhetoric around*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 07:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-23 08:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

And an actual shield.

Genbu Shield is nice, but there needs to be a better shield now for RDM...

Got to use that Fencer trait somehow.

Genbu's Shield is old news... beatific shield +1 FTMFW.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-03-23 10:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that under the "New Rune Fencer Equipment" and associated Geomancer categories, they listed "Creating set bonus data". That infers that they're leaving the set bonuses on the current empyrian armors alone, or at least them still existing in some form.

Definitely excited for Sanguine Blade on RDM as well. Now if only Taeon + Temper + CDC was enough to convince people that RDM can melee...
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-03-23 11:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phaeon said: »
I noticed that under the "New Rune Fencer Equipment" and associated Geomancer categories, they listed "Creating set bonus data". That infers that they're leaving the set bonuses on the current empyrian armors alone, or at least them still existing in some form.

Definitely excited for Sanguine Blade on RDM as well. Now if only Taeon + Temper + CDC was enough to convince people that RDM can melee...
^^
I'm convinced.
By Heimdel 2015-03-23 11:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So all the non thfs bitching got them to nerf the job. This is the same as every other time a job gets a major buff that lets it compete. The people who don't play it *** and whine until SE nerfs it again. Hell even bst getting th2 of all things from pets got nerfed because of it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-23 11:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The change would have made sense when CDC wasn't as easily obtained as it is now, so suddenly RDM will have access to all the same WS as WAR I assume but it means little as they already have access to Savage Blade and CDC, the only 2 worth using.

requiescat when mobs have PDT.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-23 11:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanguine on RDM should be quite strong. We have greater INT/MND/MAB gear than BLU does, also Gain-INT, and I can do like 5-6k Sanguines on BLU with little effort.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 11:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »

requiescat when mobs have PDT.
I certainly wouldn't want to discredit requiescat, at the 99 cap before ilvl I did most of my neo-nyzul runs on BLU and Req was invaluable at times. It really sped along the killing of the PDT Pudding boss.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6