I'm Not Leaving, I'm Not Giving Up. And Neither Should You.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I'm not leaving, I'm not giving up. And neither should you.
I'm not leaving, I'm not giving up. And neither should you.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Cymopoleia
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Cymopoleia 2015-03-20 12:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also posted on the official forums, but I wanted to copy here since not everybody uses those forums, or these^^

I know it feels doom and gloom, and honestly, I felt that all day yesterday, I cried for most of it, it hurt so deep i just wanted to lay in bed all day. (I didn't of course, family needs me^^) Though to be fair, they've said nothing official about ending FFXI service for PC, and may or may not intend to anytime soon, but still!

Over time I quickly realized: it's my home, it's been a part of my life, and my families life for a decade, I've made so many memories, friends, and had good times, and bad times spent in Vana'diel, some things that only happen once in a lifetime. I've tried other MMO's, even XIV, and it doesn't feel right, it's not the game I love, It's not a game I can be involved in.

So what do you do when your home faces an outside threat trying to demolish it?

You fight it!! Would you not fight the city if they wanted to buy out your home, tear it down and build a road? A home you've spent years, maybe decades (or longer if it was your parents house) creating memories, friends, and loved ones.

Of course you would!

In a manner of speaking, this is the same thing.
Vana'diel has been our home, some of us since the start, others are just setting down their roots and experiencing the world, and everyone inbetween, but it's all our home. That's why it's still here, nearly 13 years later, 3 systems, and hundreds of thousands, if not a million or two players, that's pretty impressive for anyone.

So now is our chance to fight back.
Don't leave the game because it's future is uncertain, don't give up if you still love FFXI, we are it's future, we can make it certain.

People always say vote with your wallet if you like this game, or don't like that game, and that's exactly what we can do. Our money keeps FFXI alive, and we can keep it that way. We can also get them to continue updates, or even make expansions full size expansions! We can also expand FFXI's service, the chance to draw in so many more players and help them make Vana'diel their home too.

There's so many ways we can work to support FFXI to keep SE supporting it.
Options we can look at doing to fund and support new full size expansions, hell there's at least 3 whole continents we've not even seen (as I understand FFXI lore), expansions that could give us enough content for an easy decade more. Places I'm sure many of us want to see.

I just finished Promathia on my new character, and... spoilers?:
I want to go visit the worlds my friends came from. I want to see where some of the beastmen came from. I want to adventure to the ends of the world and back, I want to make new friends, see new places, and defeat new monsters that threaten our world. Our cities. Our homes...

We can do this, if we stand together^^
If there's one thing FFXI is known for over the years (besides the time sink), it's the community it fostered. We have one of the strongest communities I've seen in an MMO, and one of the most dedicated.

Speaking of such, my friend pointed out there's other MMO's out there that have survived from FFXI's era, in FFXI's situation, games with small player bases, that still get updates and support, even expansions, such as EQ1, and DAOC, even Eve, and they had an engine overhaul.

If they can do it. We can do it too!

We could even push for PS4 support since it uses x64/86 instructions, porting wouldn't be nearly as expensive as making the 360 version for example. It would take more effort but I believe we could even push for a graphics overhaul while keeping the FFXI we know and love, maybe even a new engine for it over time. And fix and expand the account station to work better, for us and new players we'd draw in.

The biggest complaint I hear from potential players who want to try it but won't is the dated looks. This and those above are all things we can push and help fix, if we unite!

My ex once told me: the only time you truly fail or lose something forever, is when you give up.

Well, I'm not going to give up.
I'm going to stay, I'm going to play, I'm going to fight, and I'm going to love and adore FFXI and keep my home firmly planted in this spot until SE is sick of hearing about it!

I ask you to do the same.
If you love FFXI, if you believe in any of the things I do, stand with me, fight alongside me in the real world as you might do in Vana'diel, let's show SE what we're willing to fight for.

^This is why we're here,
And this is why we stay.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-20 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-03-20 12:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-20 12:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You go girl or boy...being loyal is a positive trait ! Show those non loyal people who is the most loyal !
 Shiva.Cymopoleia
By Shiva.Cymopoleia 2015-03-20 12:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dabilahro said: »
I will go down with this ship.
And I won't put my hands up in surrender

There will be no white flag upon my door
I'm in love, and always will be.

I remember that song, It's pretty good too^^
Quite fitting as well, in a manner of speaking^^
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 12:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not go gentle into that good night.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-20 12:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the Independence day speech. I will not go quietly into the night !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 12:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Interstellar, but close.

Full poem
[+]
 Asura.Lishje
Server: Asura
user: Lishje
By Asura.Lishje 2015-03-20 12:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else remember this video?
[+]
 Shiva.Cymopoleia
By Shiva.Cymopoleia 2015-03-20 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

The borg can keep telling themself that :P

This was always my favorite video of FFXI.
I don't know why, but it's clung to me for so many years.

[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-03-20 13:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt that a petition, even backed with lots of money, would make SE turn their decisions, but you never know. Problem is, ffxi playerbase is not homogenic but pretty fragmented so unlikely to unify to get any sort of petition drive get enough momentum.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-20 13:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
I doubt that a petition, even backed with lots of money, would make SE turn their decisions,

How can anyone utter that phrase in this world today? Money is everything. You offered them enough, they would probably do almost w/e you asked them to do with the game.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2015-03-20 13:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cymopoleia said: »

[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-03-20 13:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

The borg can keep telling themself that :P

This was always my favorite video of FFXI.
I don't know why, but it's clung to me for so many years.

By Wordspoken 2015-03-20 13:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Wordspoken said: »
I doubt that a petition, even backed with lots of money, would make SE turn their decisions,

How can anyone utter that phrase in this world today? Money is everything. You offered them enough, they would probably do almost w/e you asked them to do with the game.
Uh, because over the years I've seen SE doing really poor business decisions? It's like they're going over their way to make sure I don't give them my money!
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2015-03-20 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK why but @ this moment im still digesting the info about the FFXI shutdown, i agree its part of my life, my kids grew up watching me playing, @ one point when i didnt logged @ all in a week they felt sad cuz daddy didnt have time to play his favorite videogame, i wish SE to rethink their decision, but its like telling the hell to freeze, all i know its that i will still be now and until the shutdown the server for good, playing the game i feel like its part of me , Darkspawn, atabey (phoenix server), Tphantom, Samus, Sephirot,(Titan Server), are real in my heart, like kids i watch grew up and atm im watching them on the ICU grasping the last bit of air they can. as i said before.

please SE rethink your decision.
 Odin.Deathrider
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Deathrider 2015-03-20 13:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that baffles me is this game has got to still be profitable for them. Why the hell would they stop doing something that makes them money?
The only logical explanation is they are sick of our whining.
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2015-03-20 13:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

most likeley, they want to focus "on other games" rather than trying to still maintain a 13yr old game with lots of restriction and that they refuse hear the playerbase needs/wants of the game.
By fonewear 2015-03-20 13:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they don't know how to run a business !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There seems to be confusion, but the game is not getting shutdown or the plugged pulled. Content simply will be coming to an end after the final release of their add-on scenario in November. Those who wish to keep playing and fulfill whatever it is they had hoped to will be able to do so at their own leisure, which is nice. But for those who played for more superficial reasons and stayed on top a majority of the time will find little incentive to stick around.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-20 13:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
But for those who played for more superficial reasons and stayed on top a majority of the time will find little incentive to stick around.
This is misleading and self-centered. A game that doesn't get updated eventually runs its course doesn't matter how 'deep' you are. This has nothing to do with being superficial.
By Artemicion 2015-03-20 13:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Artemicion said: »
But for those who played for more superficial reasons and stayed on top a majority of the time will find little incentive to stick around.
This is misleading and self-centered. A game that doesn't get updated eventually runs its course doesn't matter how 'deep' you are. This has nothing to do with being superficial.

You'll have to forgive my poor use of adjectives, but I was merely insinuating the rift between motives of playing the game in the first place. Some people play MMOs to be the best of the best and on top of the numbers roster so to speak, and those will likely be the first to abandon ship.

But you're right, once the updates end, everyone will find and complete their own objectives on their time and that's when it all comes to a close. Some earlier than others for different reasons.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-20 13:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yankke
Server: Valefor
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2015-03-20 13:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

caseyanthony said: »

If i was Matsui i'd be taking great pleasure in watching this meltdown...you're like bugs who need to be squashed like a piece of ***on the bottom of my shoe.
take it easy.... lol
 Bismarck.Lizk
Server: Bismarck
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-03-20 13:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I cried for most of it, it hurt so deep i just wanted to lay in bed all day.

Oh man, this is just getting better.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7