FFXI Ends: Where Will You Log For The Last Time?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Ends: Where will you log for the last time?
FFXI Ends: Where will you log for the last time?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Darkalenia 2015-03-19 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Many of us have developed lasting friendships and had some amazing experiences in this game. Some people are drawn to specific areas for specific reasons....my question to you guys is what area would this be?

Where do you plan to log out for the very last time, remembering fondly what you experienced/shared there with friends as you hit the shut down/log out for good option?

No, this isn't a "OMG SERVERS SHUTTING DOWN" thread. It's a discussion thread about where you will log out for the last time when that time finally comes.

EDIT: @ all the "Why?" comments:

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Let's be honest though. For many of us, we started playing in high school or college and are now thoroughly into adulthood. Playtime has already wizened and the chance of forging new friendships is slim compared to those who have already left.

It's going to be a very contemplative time for me and probably a majority of others and these are things that -- silly though as they may be in the context of life -- are meaningful decisions we need to consider.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-19 10:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Throne Room.
[+]
By Echo13 2015-03-19 10:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Blueblade Fell, overlooking the ruins of Tavnazia...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-19 10:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah or riot.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 10:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Either in Tavnazia somewhere or in front of Chateau d'Oraguille.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-19 10:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Running naked through Jeuno shouting nonsense !
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-19 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY
[+]
By bert92020 2015-03-19 10:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sky, either in the area where you pop Kirin or byakko
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-19 10:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

don't anticipate picking a place to quit, i'll probably just log out wherever i last did an event or d/ced and choose to deactivate after X days of not being interested enough to log in and do something
By Pantafernando 2015-03-19 10:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As the caits tell it, Provenance is not the destination, but yet another point of departure. While the proverbial book may have been shut on this tale, it also signals the start of a new one.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-19 10:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
fonewear said: »

JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY, JPONRY
I did this one.
[+]
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-19 11:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When did they announce the end of service? As far as i read they simply said that the last major update will be done around november not that the game is going down unless i missed it somewhere?
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-03-19 11:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were on PC I'd fly to the ruins of Tavnazia, like that guy who actually found out the zone was literally covered with gravestones.

Being on Xbox, however, I think I will either go to Blueblade Fell or one of the Promies.
 Shiva.Snojoe
Server: Shiva
user: snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2015-03-19 11:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going out on the boat with the pirates.

So I can scream "I will go down with this ship."
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-03-19 11:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My last screen shot will be where my first was, Gusta
[+]
By caseyanthony 2015-03-19 11:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragons Aery.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-19 11:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

KaariLaLa said: »
When did they announce the end of service? As far as i read they simply said that the last major update will be done around november not that the game is going down unless i missed it somewhere?

Game isn't going down but no more new content after November.
[+]
 Siren.Jedd
Server: Siren
user: Jedd
By Siren.Jedd 2015-03-19 11:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also planning to take a final screenshot where I took my first one. I was a little MNK11 sitting at the top of Drachenfall in North Gustaberg. I'll return there for one last screenshot for a nice "then and now" picture.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-03-19 11:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna get dressed up in full Anchorite's or Hesychast's +1, Black belt and Spharai, chug poison potions til I die and then disconnect.

Prob Zi'Tah, Arrapago Reef, or the top of Heaven's Tower.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-19 11:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My character will die where he mostly lived, afk in jeuno. Maybe i'll kill him off with a venom potion to simulate a heart attack.
[+]
By camaroz 2015-03-19 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Would find my old friend Ferreous Coffin and right before I shut down on white mage speak to him for his quote pretty much sums up my feelings.

"Your presence evokes long-forgotten memories within and reminds me of the hopes and dreams that were my driving force in youth. Insignificant though my powers may be, perhaps the time has come to return to the fray and do my part for the greater good."

Actually trying to find him now.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-03-19 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When it does, me and my husbands characters will dress in the jobs we started on and park it somewhere in vanadiel and wave goodbye and take a screenie
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-19 11:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tough decision. It'll have something to do with CoP because I consider beating the storyline (back when it was hard) to be one of the most enjoyable things I've done in the game. I'll either go with Blueblade Fell for storyline reasons or Al'Taieu because it was a huge deal for me to get there and it has the symbolism of being frozen in time, which I guess is how I'd see my character.
[+]
 Shiva.Snojoe
user: snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2015-03-19 11:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
If I were on PC I'd fly to the ruins of Tavnazia, like that guy who actually found out the zone was literally covered with gravestones.
Hold up, what? Because if thats a thing that exists, at that point, I think I might have found my answer for at least a last minute visit.
(In all seriousness, I'm either going to Blueblade Fell because cliche, Sky, or where I took my first screenshot, West Ronfaure near JEJ pop area.)
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 11:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Tough decision. It'll have something to do with CoP because I consider beating the storyline (back when it was hard) to be one of the most enjoyable things I've done in the game. I'll either go with Blueblade Fell for storyline reasons or Al'Taieu because it was a huge deal for me to get there and it has the symbolism being frozen in time, which I guess is how I'd see my character.

Bwahahaha.

I always called sea "Easter in Hell".

If I logged of there, it would certainly be symbolic of many, many things. Some of them ironic, some not.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-03-19 11:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably in Sky, where my best memories are.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 11:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Snojoe said: »
Ronfaure near JEJ pop area

Oooh. KRT or Knightwell are good possibilities too, now that I think about it.

Ugh. So difficult.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-19 11:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
I'm gonna get dressed up in full Anchorite's or Hesychast's +1, Black belt and Spharai, chug poison potions til I die and then disconnect.

Prob Zi'Tah, Arrapago Reef, or the top of Heaven's Tower.

After years of saving the world, Shruiken could no longer handle the rigors of being the savior. He was found slumped over his bottles of purple substance labeled 'drank'.

His remains will be thrown over the Mhaura-Selbina ferry for the Gugrusauruses as per his wishes.
[+]
By darthsnuggie 2015-03-19 11:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna log on a log so I can log while I'm logging dawg.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-19 11:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I might write a novel of my experiences in FFXI, then burn it so no one can read it, head to the Merry Minstrel in Lower Jeuno, and drink myself into a stupor, before succumbing to rolanberry poisoning in my rental unit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6