First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-19 10:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a looming darkness on the horizon. FFXI's time is drawing nigh. Where will you go?

Blade & Soul - Looks cool as a concept RPG, but it suffers badly from balance issues (everything is soloable) and I'm not sure it has a US release date at the moment. You can still use an english mod on russian or chinese servers, but essentially the entire game is soloable at this point.

Black Desert Online - Similar deal to Blade & Soul, but different feel.

Camelot Unchained - I like everything I've heard about Camelot Unchained *except* that it's not going to have a PvE component, which entirely kills the game for me. It's also dragging *** because it's essentially just a successful kickstarter so they're both building a studio and a game at the same time.

FFXIV: Heavensword - Themepark expansion, now with flying! I'll probably try XIV at some point, but if half of what I've heard about it is true then I doubt I'll stay.

Landmark/Everquest Next - Landmark doesn't look like something I'd be interested in, but EQN could be good depending what they choose to do.

Skyforge - This looks like it has potential (and a job system), but I'm not sure I will like the character development system.

... or just not go anywhere, play single player games for a while, and finally become an adult.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2015-03-19 10:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Never become an adult.

That's the problem I'm having, I haven't even played XI in a while but I just.. everytime I play a new MMO I find myself wishing for some of XIs mechanics.

It was old, it was kinda janky, but it was quite unique, and I don't see many, or any, future MMOs playing like XI does.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-19 10:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavensward looks like a fine replacement for your SE fix. It certainly isn't XI but you can play less, accomplish things and have time to play other games.

GW2: Heart of Thorns will get me back into GW2.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-19 10:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV...maybe. I mean all I care about is the story and the world, not playing content, and I already get to experience that through..other means let's say so.

I might just retire from mmos if I don't make a character there.
[+]
By caseyanthony 2015-03-19 10:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
XIV...maybe. I mean all I care about is the story and the world, not playing content, and I already get to experience that through..other means let's say so.

I might just retire from mmos if I don't make a character there.

That's exactly what i'm doing no more mmos here.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-19 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We could go to another MMO, or we could just quit MMO's completely when FFXI dies and actually devote that time to our real life.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 10:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That aside, as stated elsewhere, I'm done with MMOs after XI.

The only thing that might draw me in is if a Firefly MMO ever actually gets off the ground. But they've been literally trying for a decade and it's never happened. Too much licensing hell.

They can, apparently, take the sky from us.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-19 10:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

WTH is this "real life" ***?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 10:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
We could go to another MMO, or we could just quit MMO's completely when FFXI dies and actually devote that time to our real life.

Well, I won't do any other MMOs, but it will give me time to do a lot more other gaming. I might actually play Borderlands with other people, get in a full playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins>2>Inquisition, play the *** laundry list of games on Steam I bought on sale but haven't played yet...

Bloodrose said: »
WTH is this "real life" ***?

There is no spoon.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-03-19 10:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear level 5 have a new White Knight Chronicles in the works, so theres that. That game was kinda MMO-ey.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-19 10:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Well, I won't do any other MMOs, but it will give me time to do a lot more other gaming. I might actually play Borderlands with other people, get in a full playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins>2>Inquisition, play the *** laundry list of games on Steam I bought on sale but haven't played yet...

@Dragon Age: Excellent idea, I fully support that notion. I really hope you enjoy it.

@Steam: HA, good luck. I've been trying to do that myself, but the backlog just gets longer and longer.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-19 10:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is cute, but I'm going to go ahead and delete some off topic ***. Talk about MMOs.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

@Dragon Age: Excellent idea, I fully support that notion. I really hope you enjoy it.

@Steam: HA, good luck. I've been trying to do that myself, but the backlog just gets longer and longer.

Speaking of my Steam backlog, is your avatar from Transistor? I bought it -- I absolutely loved Bastion -- but haven't gotten around to it yet. ;;
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-19 10:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I started Transistor this morning. It's on sale for something like $6 on steam until tomorrow. I finished my NG+ playthrough of Bastion last night.

So far Transistor is less fun than Bastion, but it's still probably worth playing. I just feel like I'm riding through the game on a rail and can't fight without using the turn() mechanic because there's no effective damage mitigation aside from running away.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-19 10:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
This is cute, but I'm going to go ahead and delete some off topic ***. Talk about MMOs.

Appologies. I'm easily provoked by certain subjects. It's a weakness.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-19 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll probably not do MMOs again. It was a huge timesink and I have a lot of games I have not fully played because FFXI was taking most of my free time.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-19 10:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

all apologies.

I've already been looking for a replacement for some time. a year & a half or so now, I believe.

there isn't ***out there big guy.

I'm hoping sony makes a good go of h1z1, & I'll be giving ESO a try when it comes out for ps4, but I can't offer any real substitutions. My hetero life partner & I have been playing a ton of console minecraft, I'm just not really helpful on this topic.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-19 10:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem with alot of MMOs is that they aren't social. Like, not at all.

FFXIV in many ways is a HUGE improvement on XI. But the social aspect is completely bunk. There is no time for banter anywhere and the rando grouping system assures you every *** under the sun will attempt to ruin your day by being ***.

So lets say you're this new player and you're EXCITED to play some FINAL FANTASY. HOORAH!

You get into a FC and quickly find there is no reason to group with anyone. Everyones doing their own thing, there is no need to 'lend a hand' because DF 'dat ***!

You got this sweet FC house you paid money and crafted items for. COOL STORY MAN. Then you realize its essentially worthless as you'll be spending little if any time there. That Garuda chair looks pretty *** sweet 'tho.

Two weeks after any content drops you better be a goddamn dance pro because its EXPERTS *** ONLY for these runs. If you want to learn how to play? GET OUT OF MY PARTY. Worse still, because the game is an individualists orgasm, you're expected to know everything and no one explains anything!

Unless you wipe the raid not knowing the mechanics. THEN *** YOU Asavgkerwsbgarvotwqrbatbwob. Go watch an Encyclopedia Britannica length MrHappy video you scrub.

And that's FFXI: A Realm Reborn in a nutshell. Stay tuned next time where I'll explain how the games economy is worthless.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Server: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-03-19 10:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

for me it would be the end of MMO's :)
the new MMO age learned me I'm too much of an old fart when it comes to the genre, FFXI was my first MMO and i based my expectations on that, the problem is FFXI is kinda a lonely beast I have yet to find an MMO where I can have fun and find myself what in my eyes is a fair amount of achievement...
The only other MMO i ever really liked was LoTRo,mainly due to it's petjob (lore-master) en runekeeper (I liked my petrock so much) but i wont go back there because i don't see the game lasting too long anymore either...
So i'm just gonna be in Vana'diel till they drop the meteor on it and then it's game over :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-19 11:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep playing XI.
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-19 11:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Like many others, once FFXI is down I may well be done with MMOs, maybe there will be a hole in my life, perhaps I could fill it with real life instead.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15