First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 137 138 139
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-04-03 18:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Finality said: »
Reprisal's duration is determined by HP*2 and/or 1 minute duration.
Can anyone confirm "Enhancing Magic Duration" on Yorium with Duskdim and if so what amounts? I want to make a Reprisal set, if possible, or would an HP set be better?

Using the Shabti Cuirass +1, I saw an increased duration of ~6 seconds to Reprisal and I'm basing that off what I saw from plugins and addons. Would probably have to perform a real test instead of just eyeballing to get the exact number.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-04-03 19:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
damn i got work to do o.o

..Except, you don't. Curing for enmity is still terrible.
i'm pulling hate off ppl easily w/ C4 in vagary and keeping it, im missing alot of stuff to but yea, Cures for hate are stupid right? You just sound ignorant.

It remains to be confirmed that your methods are ideal for Vagary. You've had at least one dispute, and I'm inclined to believe them. Your understanding of enmity is otherwise lacking, and your reasoning for curing's resurgence in general was completely nonsensical.
Remains to be? lol are you blind? i just told you that 1 c4 is pretty much perma hate on the mob, if you wanna say the sky is green when its clearly blue keep on then.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-04 09:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested Chevalier's Cuirass +1's "Mitigates dmg. taken based on enmity" potency.

It's still the same. The range is about -2.4~10.2% DT.

It occurs to me, that much like Atonement, it's quite likely that it takes 3 times as much enmity as it used to to cap this effect... Annoying.

While the dmg taken didn't change going from NQ to +1, it's still possible that the enmity requirement for capping was adjusted. But I can't really test that now, since I didn't check that on the NQ. But ehh, this is SE. They probably didn't change a damn thing.

So we have a good enmity+ body, that doubles as an acc/DT hybrid piece, if you have enough enmity. Cept that Tartarus kicks the crap outta it for ACC/DT.

So it's an enmity+ piece. Which is at least, relevant to PLD once more.
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-04-04 09:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Reprisal's duration is determined by HP*2 and/or 1 minute duration.
Can anyone confirm "Enhancing Magic Duration" on Yorium with Duskdim and if so what amounts? I want to make a Reprisal set, if possible, or would an HP set be better?
THis refers to reprisals damage dealt cap. If your spikes deal more than that formula's worth of DMG, reprisal wears off even if it had time left.

Yorium doesn't get enhancing duration+. That's telchine specific.

The only piece of enhancing duration+ PLD has access to is Shabti Cuirass/+1
HP set it is! + Shabti Cuirass+1. Also, does max hp*2 mean your base or with gear modifying it? Just double checking. ^^ Thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-04 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

HP+ gear counts. But really, you'll want to focus on recast-, then HP+ in extra slots. And shabti body, of course.

Pretty much the only time reprisal will wear from dealing too much DMG is if you're holding ~20'ish mobs. And even then, high level ones tend to resist the spikes.
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-04-04 13:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Already have a fairly solid recast set, I'll just add HP in the extra slots and call it a day. Thanks again! :D
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-04-04 13:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asked this in the RQT but no response. Is there a SC calculator for multistep sc that is current w/ Merit/WoE ws?
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-04-04 15:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asked this in the RQT but no response. Is there a SC calculator for multistep sc that is current w/ Merit/WoE ws?
These are not quite as easy to use but they are updated, just have to figure out the path yourself and these can confirm it for you.
http://flippantry.com/skillchain/
http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.sg/2012/06/ffxi-new-skillchain-chart.html
[+]
By Trigue 2015-04-06 14:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

According to BG Wiki you can augment Yorium gear with Phalanx +1~3.
ItemSet 334282
You can reach up to +20 Phalanx with 5/5 Yorium(+3) and a Weard Mantle(+5). With 8/8 Enhancing Magic merits you only need 10 additional skill from gear to reach the next tier in Phalanx damage reduction. All of the above will boost your Phalanx damage reduction to 50 making you even more indestructible and is definitely a set worth working towards for any career Paladin.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-04-07 02:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

so from what im reading pld's reforge emp gear is meh marginal and not worth it?

also wouldnt it be more effiecent to make a acro hybrid/dt vs yorium because you would be able to use that on other jobs. i know this is a pld guide but it made me wonder if acro could even get DT augments.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-04-09 07:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Trigue said: »
According to BG Wiki you can augment Yorium gear with Phalanx +1~3.
ItemSet 334282
You can reach up to +20 Phalanx with 5/5 Yorium(+3) and a Weard Mantle(+5). With 8/8 Enhancing Magic merits you only need 10 additional skill from gear to reach the next tier in Phalanx damage reduction. All of the above will boost your Phalanx damage reduction to 50 making you even more indestructible and is definitely a set worth working towards for any career Paladin.

i'm lookin for waste my money to phalanx set too, but i few have questions after i allready spend 10M for get Yorium hand with phalanx +1.
- Phanlanx cap at 50 ?
- Duskdim is the only option to get phalanx ?
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-04-09 19:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Followed the link and downloaded motenten's DPS Spreadsheet and it doesn't have Yorium/Acro on it. I see what the best DPS set is for using Excalibur, but what are the best augments for a DD set using Burtgang while maintaining AM3? If anyone could tell me, I'd be very appreciative.

Just guessing that DA on armor is slightly less impressive with AM3 up and Fighter's Roll, but I could be wrong. Just trying to optimize, and wondering if Store TP+6 might be better when AM3 is up.

ACC/ATK+20, DA+3%, Crit Rate+3% or
ACC/ATK+20, Store TP+6, Crit Rate+3%(or something else if better)?

Thanks in advance, sorry I don't understand the spreadsheets yet. haha
By Pantafernando 2015-04-09 19:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Followed the link and downloaded motenten's DPS Spreadsheet and it doesn't have Yorium/Acro on it.

You should look the tab with gear data, manually insert a new line and copy the gear stats. It will make them available in the gear sets tab.

As motenten doesnt seems to come back, you should keep update the spreadsheet by yourself.

Also dont forget to update ws anchor points, i think they werent updated since the previous 1h adjustment.
[+]
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-04-10 00:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks, plugged in acro/yorium and been toying around with it, and I'm getting STP+30(588.113) beating DA+15%(554.212) for Acro w/ Burt AM3 up.

This is an amazing tool. Props to Motenten for the chart, and props to you for the explanation. Thanks. :)
 Asura.Linkan
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-04-18 11:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 334733
Edit: forgot augs.
Claid: Acc 9 pdt 4 QA 2
Yorium Gauntlets acc +8 cure potency recieved +7% and ws dmg +1 (would like to switch to -d but not pressed as pdt/mdt is capped)

I tank full time in this with great results. With enmity changes a CD or two brings you right to the top so it's quite easy to keep the effect max. I was wondering if chev body gave more -dt than before but its the same huh? sadface

Remember guys damage does ***for enmity now. You want to tp in acc/enmity so your hits do generate more enmity than the dps but even then that's not going to be your main source of enmity generation. Cool downs and flash are all you need to keep the mob on you.

I did however, loose threat to a blu once during a fomor unity (feiyin) run. Not sure if he was cure bombing or if crusade was down. But in that situation switching into relic/af +1 or tartarus would be fine. And i get you guys on the tartarus, but with these changes i'm inclined to tp in chev.
(and before anyone asks yes i do macro in enmity gear for CDs and stuff)

editv2: this was supposed to be a reply to the chev body testing but im a forum scrub lol
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-18 12:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

CD = what? I can gather that you're refering to an enmity generating action, but I've no idea what that's supposed to stand for.

Asura.Linkan said: »
I tank full time in this with great results. With enmity changes a CD or two brings you right to the top so it's quite easy to keep the effect max. I was wondering if chev body gave more -dt than before but its the same huh? sadface
So, you tested how much enmity is required to max the mitigates damage effect? Cause that's something I didn't test, since VE decay and lack of control over when I get 1k needled makes it annoying.

And honestly, if the scaling for the mitigates damage works anything like Atonement's does, then it should now be 3 times harder to cap the value than it would have been for creed pre-update. And that level of enmity is not notably easier to get now. Our enmity generation didn't get buffed, DMG enmity just got nerfed. Now, I still don't think it'll take that long to cap the effect, but it does suck for short fights, adds, etc. Having 2 DT instead of 10 till I get enmity up is not something I care for. And trying to account for it via lua coding would be a freaking nightmare.

Remember guys damage does ***for enmity now. You want to tp in acc/enmity so your hits do generate more enmity than the dps but even then that's not going to be your main source of enmity generation. Cool downs and flash are all you need to keep the mob on you.
Crap enmity * 1.75, is still crap. There's very little point in TP'ing in enmity+ to improve dps based enmity gain. The update has very clearly shown that they nerfed DMG enmity into the ground. A single flash will hold hate off 9K nukes. Enmity gain via PLD melee DPS is going to be negligible whether you use Enmity+ gear or not.

That being said, there IS still a use for enmity+ in idle/TP. That being to reduce the CE lost via taking dmg. Because that is something that hasn't changed.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-04-18 12:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

CD = what? I can gather that you're refering to an enmity generating action, but I've no idea what that's supposed to stand for.

Cool down, most likely. Not sure what specfic action though.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-18 12:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's.. kinda weird. I suppose that's standard lingo for non FFXI MMOs? I also rarely see FFXI players use the word threat when referring to enmity/who the mob is targeting.

Cool downs... I'd have said recasts, but I also wouldn't have used recasts to refer to the actions themselves.

Since flash wasn't included, I'll take the basic definition to be Job Abilities.
 Asura.Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-04-18 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you tested how much enmity is required to max the mitigates damage effect? Cause that's something I didn't test, since VE decay and lack of control over when I get 1k needled makes it annoying.

And honestly, if the scaling for the mitigates damage works anything like Atonement's does, then it should now be 3 times harder to cap the value than it would have been for creed pre-update. And that level of enmity is not notably easier to get now. Our enmity generation didn't get buffed, DMG enmity just got nerfed. Now, I still don't think it'll take that long to cap the effect, but it does suck for short fights, adds, etc. Having 2 DT instead of 10 till I get enmity up is not something I care for. And trying to account for it via lua coding would be a freaking nightmare.

Crap enmity * 1.75, is still crap. There's very little point in TP'ing in enmity+ to improve dps based enmity gain. The update has very clearly shown that they nerfed DMG enmity into the ground. A single flash will hold hate off 9K nukes. Enmity gain via PLD melee DPS is going to be negligible whether you use Enmity+ gear or not.

That being said, there IS still a use for enmity+ in idle/TP. That being to reduce the CE lost via taking dmg. Because that is something that hasn't changed.

I think it was only hard to cap before because you had to compete with DPS for enmity. I've been doing a lot of unity and vagary since enmity changes and keeping mobs seems to come down to just popping a cool down and/or flash/reprisel and my -dt seems to be at max right aaway as elementals t5s and AM seem to be giving me the same dmg as when I went into vagary with Cab coat. I havent done actualy testing but ive done enough content on pld to feel comfortable in my cuirass, if someone can do the testing and confirm/deny this i'd be a fan =)
And yeah i guess you're right about enmity decay and TPing in enmity for better dmg enmity is a mute point. But yeah thats a new perspective for me thanks, i didn't know having more enmity gear helps with enmity decay. I always thought you absolutely had to wear something like creed collar or the empy pants to decrease decay.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-18 15:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity + gear affecting CE decay via dmg is a fairly recent change. We aren't even certain how much each point of enmity+ reduces it. Kinda hard to test.

As for nuke dmg seeming the same in either Chevalier's or Cab body can easily be attributed to being massively over the MDT cap.

You're looking at -25% DT in that set with no body at all. Add in Aegis, and you're at 75%. At this point even your own shell IV will overcap you.

Even if you don't use aegis, 25%+23.4%(shell IV with sheltered)+2.4%(0 enmity chev body)= 50.8%. Basically, you're capping MDT whether you have good Enmity or not, so of course the difference isn't gonna show.
 Asura.Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-04-18 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn thats a good point. I havent paid much attention to physical damage but if it was a lot i think I would have noticed any big change from cab. I'll try and pay more attention in my next endeavors. I just finished tanking plouton earlier tho and i felt he wasn't hitting too hard else i would've switched but yeah this is pure conjecture at the moment.
By ProjectA2O 2015-04-18 16:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I've recently taken up PLD and I'm trying to learn all I can about the job, I'm curious about something mentioned in the guide about the DT- set being good enough. I'm wondering what the benefit of having a PDT- and MDT- set is? Why would one even bother if the DT- set is enough?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-18 16:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn thats a good point. I havent paid much attention to physical damage but if it was a lot i think I would have noticed any big change from cab. I'll try and pay more attention in my next endeavors. I just finished tanking plouton earlier tho and i felt he wasn't hitting too hard else i would've switched but yeah this is pure conjecture at the moment.
Plouton deals 100% magical damage. I don't think he has a single physical attack. So you'd be looking at the same scenario as above, with overcapped MDT regardless of the damage mitigates value.
 Asura.Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-04-18 17:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lol! he would deal magical dmg
By Pantafernando 2015-04-18 17:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ProjectA2O said: »
Hey all,

I've recently taken up PLD and I'm trying to learn all I can about the job, I'm curious about something mentioned in the guide about the DT- set being good enough. I'm wondering what the benefit of having a PDT- and MDT- set is? Why would one even bother if the DT- set is enough?

Mdt set has a higher amount of mdb over the full turtle. The pdt set has more offensive stats (acro instead yorim) over the full turtle.

I dont know how it is now with enmity fixed, but i remember back when i was spamming ark angel hume for gear, full turtle wasnt enough for me, my acc was pretty poor, so i couldnt hold hate. I had to give up some dt pieces to some xaddi to increase my accuracy so i could hit him reliably and maintain hate, while reducing dmg. That should be the point with pdt/mdt and turtle set, though new skirmish gear provides stupid amount of acc that we didnt have before, as well enmity generated by dmg was reduced, so its debatable if its necessary keeping offensive stats over +enmity gear, if using magic and jas are more important to generate enmity over dmg, etc.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-04-18 17:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm lookin for waste my money to phalanx set too, but i few have questions after i allready spend 10M for get Yorium hand with phalanx +1.
- Phanlanx cap at 50 ?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-18 19:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
- Phanlanx cap at 50 ?
Duskdim only.

There is no known phalanx+ cap. -50 phalanx is just what a pld with maxed Phalanx+ and 358~ enhancing skill would have. If said PLD was /sch with light arts they should be able to reach -51 dmg.

That being said, this isn't something I, or anyone else that I know of, has tested. Since hitting -51 on PLD requires perfect phalanx+ augs, and I haven't managed that yet.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-04-19 02:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

thx for the reply Martel, now i can wast my money on Duskdim unscrupulously
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-04-20 11:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i just updated my PLD.lua (Motenten's base)

PLD.LUA

What's new ?:
- Gear update
- Holy, Enlight, Reprisal
- Shield gestion (not optimal)
- Doom and RR set cycle

Still missing:
- Rampart, Sentinel, Cover equipment still not stay in place for the duration of the JA
- Fake Cure blink ( HP- then HP+)
- Auto equip Doom gear + /p "i'm Doom" please use Cursna
- Casting mode PDT (way to disable casting gear precast+midcast)
- Subjob RUN NIN gestion
Feel free to say constructive comment or help me to fix actual missing thing
By protectorchrono 2015-04-22 00:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the new Shield from Cirdas Alluvion Skirmish is any good? Like if it would measure up with Ochain/Aegis/Priwen with the right augments?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 137 138 139