Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-18 07:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how I use it
Code
 if player.hpp <= 75 then
                            equip(sets.Precast.FastCast.LowHP)
                            Debug(212,'equipping LowHP due to player.hpp')
                        elseif player.hpp <= 87 then
                            equip(sets.Precast.FastCast.MidHP)
                            Debug(212,'equipping MidHP due to player.hpp')
                        else equip (sets.Precast.FastCast.FullHP)
                            Debug(212,'equipping FullHP due to player.hpp')
                        end
[+]
By afheal 2017-10-18 07:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a ton! Can I put this directly in the init_gear_sets() block or should I place it elsewhere?
By fusional 2017-10-18 08:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll finally be able to complete my full HQ Souveran set soon, but I have questions about the augments.

I see a bunch of people just defaulting to path C on all 5 pieces, but is that the best way for a turtle set? Obviously the extra cure potency received is a wash, and people are doing it for the extra HP and enmity. But now that I'm getting into the range of 3400 HP without food, is the extra HP even necessary?

Would I benefit from going path D on hands and body, path C on the rest? Then I could swap in NQ path D body and hands for enmity sets. Maybe path D body isn't that good, but I frequently find myself running out of MP in situations with aegis and no refresh. Or perhaps I should simply switch my NQ body to refresh path to macro in for when I need it? I definitely like D on hands though, which I noticed Martel does as well.

Any input/ideas would be appreciated /
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-18 08:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

afheal said: »
Thanks a ton! Can I put this directly in the init_gear_sets() block or should I place it elsewhere?

function precast(spell,action)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-18 09:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, the only reason I'm using D path hands in my high HP enmity set is for the HP+. And I think I noted that I should probably get some C path hands. I do like the shield skill/PDT, But my sets mostly focus on capping DT now, and frankly that skill doesn't do much for Aegis on higher end content. On Reisen HELM NMs you're probably at floored block rate with Aegis anyway. 119 Aegis! Do it, SE!

I have no idea why you'd want to swap in D path NQ body for enmity sets. There are better options for both enmity and HP. And C path HQ is the highest enmity+ piece in the game, while also having very high, but not the highest HP+.

Refresh options... While there's quite a bit of refresh+ gear available to PLD... not much of it fits well in High HP DT- sets. You go D path on HQ souveran body, and now you're 105 HP short on the body. That's a significant amount, and can be hard to balance for. And much the same happens for most other refresh options.

Even assuming you were lucky enough to get refresh+2 on some odyssean pieces... the set has crappy HP. Head seems ok with 115 HP.. until you compare it with souv+1 head. 175 base HP. 280 on c path...

I really wish SE had just put +1 refresh on C path. +5 refresh at 5/5 souveran? yes, please. Or at least put HP+ on D path body... Or just put some native refresh on the set. It's like SE is allergic to putting DT/PDT on the same pieces as refresh.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-18 09:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's not HP efficient but if you are struggling with MP when using aegis you always have the option to use "convert damage taken to MP" gear as you are unlikely to get hit for 0 even with a good phalanx unless you block or have sentinel up. Stuff like ethereal earring, af+3 feet and flume belt give you 15% of all damage you take back as MP which adds up pretty fast (think about those annoying omen interference that could give you back over 100MP per use)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-18 10:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also Chivalry. Although, I feel like a lot of people have forgotten it exists or un-merited it. I still have it.
By Elazar1 2017-10-18 10:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the hq sov body with +3 refresh and never had a problem, just really all depends on the player and their sets but I wouldn’t change my for anything. Nor would I ever not have chivalry, even though honestly I might use like once a 100 fights its a nice thing to keep.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-18 11:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Chivalry is nice but I often swap sword/shield for extra enmity/FC/incoming nuke on mainly physical mob so need to know beforehand I'll need MPs and the 10 min recast doesn't help. HQ souv body with refresh would definitely be the best option even if you are giving away nearly 200HP compared to AF+3
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-18 11:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

While we can debate which is a better idle body, let's not forget that C path Souveran HQ has +20 enmity. iirc that 8 more than the next highest enmity+ body. And it's got good HP+ helping balance the HP lost on other enmity+ slots.

Ideally I'd say have both C and D path Souveran +1. But yeah, that's a bit costly.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-10-20 15:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some situatiosn where I'm still going to want to use ochain? I just finished my ochain and feel like I'd use aegis over it in like 90% of fights.
By Elazar1 2017-10-20 15:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly only time I use ochain is when I’m mass pull in omen or byakko v2 and that’s about it, other then that it’s aegis everything.
 Bahamut.Rnic
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Rnic 2017-10-20 17:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is ochain even worth using anymore? I been thinking about making one but procrastination is a helluva drug. I either use Aegis or Srivatsa
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-20 17:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rnic said: »
Is ochain even worth using anymore? I been thinking about making one but procrastination is a helluva drug. I either use Aegis or Srivatsa
Yes, as stated before Ochain is the hands down best DD shield, where Aegis is the Best Magic shield. It is true, 95+% of all content has magic or Magic AOE damage so Aegis is King. The remaining times Aegis wont be needed Ochain beats almost everything else naturally even Srivatsa.
I reposted a video from youtube about PLD solo CP, the video shows Ochain, but my think headed self tried it with Arke and Srivatsa and the TP gain was less and the block rate was sub par vs When I switched to Ochain.
Needed No, Helpfull yes. Best to have all avenue covered since we do not know what will come out in future updates.
By Elazar1 2017-10-20 18:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah srivatsa honestly is nothing more then a lock style shield, a complete pld must have ochain.
 Shiva.Anoq
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2017-10-31 11:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting PLD back up after a long absence. Got a Nixxer last night and it will be the best sword available to me for the foreseeable future. Which aug path should I go for? B,C,or D all seemed viable to me.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-31 11:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at it from afar, D is what I would pick. The VIT may not matter at face value but it helps a tank and comes with higher damage and Str. If you did not know, you can switch the augment with 3000 silt after you cap it.
 Shiva.Anoq
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2017-10-31 14:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Looking at it from afar, D is what I would pick. The VIT may not matter at face value but it helps a tank and comes with higher damage and Str. If you did not know, you can switch the augment with 3000 silt after you cap it.
Yeah, D was the one I was looking at the most, but wasn't sure if I should go for more Acc. or not. Thanks for your response, think thats the one I will try out.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-31 15:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

"Why would you want accuracy on a tank?" I support a Pld being able to DD/Tank/Cure/etc.

So, if you are gearing up you can always get a different sword and use it. Not very often but a few times I was the only one left alive aside from a whm or sch or smn so being able to get Tp and win, though not very often 1:200+ fights is still a niche but valid thing.
 Cerberus.Zonobia
Server: Cerberus
user: Zonobia
By Cerberus.Zonobia 2017-10-31 16:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
a few times I was the only one left alive aside from a whm or sch or smn so being able to get Tp and win, though not very often 1:200+ fights is still a niche but valid thing.

I prefer path C on Nixxer, as it feels the most well-rounded to me. The reality is that none of the paths are going to be far and above the others - the overall stat gains from 1 path vs. another are pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things. You mention the extra accuracy being very niche in the situation you provided...but it is very likely that the extra VIT from path D being the difference between success and a wipe is just as much a niche situation. I think Path C will provide me more overall benefit, regardless of the content I'm doing...but again, that benefit is very minuscule vs. other paths.
By afheal 2017-11-04 10:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a possibility that I could get a copy of your lua Toralin?

Disregard, I've had my cup of coffee lol
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2017-11-06 13:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Nixxer the best non-RME option for paladin? I'm just starting out with paladin, got 5/5 Souv+1, finishing horns for 90 Ochain, getting the rest of my currency for Aegis, so my plate is full and I need something to hold me over until Burtgang. I'm definitely doing Burt next but I don't want to put a lot of effort into another weapon that I'll immediately abandon for mythic. Seems like it's either going to be Nixxer or Brilliance from Sinister Reign?
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-06 13:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Nixxer personally. Brilliance is annoying to get.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-06 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are able, can try to get the sword from unity Khim.
 Cerberus.Zonobia
Server: Cerberus
user: Zonobia
By Cerberus.Zonobia 2017-11-06 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nixxer is a very solid defensive option (as well as being an overall decent weapon for PLD). Brilliance is also a good non-RMEA choice, but as mentioned, it's VERY random whether you will even see one, let alone a max-augment version. I've done my fair share of Sinister Reign, and not once have I ever had a Brilliance drop for me.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-06 16:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unity Khim sounds decent also, but probably way more work then getting Nixxer.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-17 11:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a bit of testing on Shadow Ring's death resist rate.
Reposting my post from BG.
Martel said:
I'd meant to go back and test more before posting, but I can't seem to find time, so I'll just post what I have.

I was looking over my Death Resist set in response to the Ambuscade Frog deciding to death me twice in one fight. For PLD, that's pretty much just rings. thing is, there's 3 of them.

Warden has a visible value(+10)
Eihwaz is reported as +10("+10% resistance to death, according to FFXI Premium guide 2013", Link to comment on FFXIAH

But I couldn't find anything on Shadow Ring's potency anywhere. And I sifted through age old KI posts, and Google translated JP wiki. JP wiki did have something vaguely phrased about it being the potency of a job resist trait? but didn't explicitly state a value.

I've just been using the newer two rings with the thought that stats tend to increase over time, and being old and hell, Shadow Ring probably has lower potency. But I didn't Know so I tested.

Angra Mainyu in Dynamis Beaucedine is an amazing test mob for Death. Once he chainspells and come back from warping away once, he literally does nothing but Death and the Rare TP move.

You can just lock in Twilight, RR, claim him him, then get Death'd. each cycle took maybe 20 seconds. 10 of that being waiting for RR to pop up.

Anyway, Results.

121 deaths cast.
32 resists.
96 dead.
26.4% Proc rate.

This is a small sample size, so the real value could like +/- 8% or so. But it's still waaay higher than I expected. I'd like to increase the sample size at some point, but haven't been able to find the time. Still, this is enough to tell us something useful. Use Shadow Ring over one of the newer rings.

Part two - Resist all status Ailments gear.

Now I admit, I screwed this test up pretty well. And it should be redone, but even so, I think it probably still shows how this works. Or rather, doesn't.

Tested with Adamas, reportedly +20 resist all, and Staunch Tathlum. Issue being that I typo'd my lock command and wasn't actually wearing Staunch for a portion of the test. Which I didn't mark, so I don't know how long. And Adamas value is reported, but not well confirmed. So this whole test is kinda iffy.

Anyway. Ate 35 deaths wearing Adamas, and sometimes Staunch. And never resisted. Which is I guess.. possible, but unlikely assuming Adamas' value is correct, and that resist all status gear works on death. I'm inclined to say it doesn't at this point. But I do think I should retest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-17 11:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the information and testing!
By Gruknor 2017-12-08 13:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am new to pld, is aegis still used the most? Or does ochain win out?

I plan to get priwen while I farm the gil to buy the currencies for aegis then do the same with ochain. Should I do ochain first or aegis?
By Taint 2017-12-08 14:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
I am new to pld, is aegis still used the most? Or does ochain win out?

I plan to get priwen while I farm the gil to buy the currencies for aegis then do the same with ochain. Should I do ochain first or aegis?

Aegis first for sure, then work on Ochain. Ideally you will have both shields but Aegis will be your goto for content that requires a PLD.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 137 138 139