New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 201 202 203
By Verda 2016-09-29 07:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

WKR can be really good gil, but it is more zone happy than even domain invasion lol.
 Asura.Blitzjr
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2016-09-29 20:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP HMP
By Pantafernando 2016-09-30 03:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the October Version Update

A fine day to you, adventurers! Matsui here with your monthly update.

Without further ado, let’s delve into what you can expect to be implemented on Tuesday, October 11.

As has been the norm over the past several updates, Ambuscade will undergo its monthly makeover, with all-new rewards to get a hold of and a bevy of new foes to tackle.

A new alter ego will be taking center stage, complete with a quest to obtain him. We’ve also planned some adjustments to various existing alter egos, so please take this opportunity to try out some of your favorite NPC friends who may have been sitting on the bench.

We’ve heard many of you asking for adjustments to Voidwatch and survival guides on the official forums, and we’re pleased to prepare a couple changes to dialogue options with an emphasis on making the content easier to enjoy. Of course, we have other small quality of life improvements on the way as well.

At the bottom of this post is a table detailing what’s in store for October. As always, these items continue to undergo testing, so there is a possibility that last-minute issues may prevent us from including all of them in the update.

Mission and Quest-related

New quest
・Create text

In-game Content and System-related
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
Voidwatch
・Adjust NPCs
Trust
・Add new alter ego
Survival Guide
・Adjust NPCs

Battle-related
Trust
・Adjust certain alter ego attributes and combat routines
・Add summonable content

Item-related
Ambuscade
・Create new reward items
Certain foods
・Add help text
Synergy
・Add new recipes
Porter Moogle
・Add support for new items
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-30 03:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Voidwatch
・Adjust NPCs
Hoping they'll allow Voidstones obtained from Voiddust to be able to be added to Stock finally.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 04:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope they will finally add description to the HQ Synth rate foods
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-09-30 04:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly the new armor is the Nyzul Isle 119 gear. Thaumas Coat 119 drool. Probably going to lead with Askar set then Denali followed by Goliard.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade_Rewards

Wonder if we'll get 119 versions of Nashira and Homam gear? Always loved the look of Homam. One of the best looking armor sets in the game imo.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 04:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how most of the time the Salvage sets had COMPLETELY different stats from the original ones, I'm not sure it's safe enough to drool over the new Nyzul sets expecting an ilevel version of those stats.

It could be original Nyzul sets, it could be New Nyzul sets, it could be completely different stats.
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-09-30 04:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well see. Hopefully it's not a huge disappointment. Maybe they are doing it based on a theme. First sets were heavy on accuracy and attack (i.e. acc and WS based gear sets and some damage mitigation). Maybe these will be tp gain sets focusing on multi-attack and store tp and magic skill or maybe skill based sets in general (i.e. evasion skill, parrying, etc)? Just some ideas. Hopefully it's not a repeat of the same stuff with just a different skin.

Lately, the version updates and campaigns have been pretty lame the last few months.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-09-30 10:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god for lock style. Always hated the Goliard Saio look.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-09-30 11:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Themed sets would be nice. Been a while since we got ilvl gear with set bonuses. Just saying.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 11:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Themed sets would be nice. Been a while since we got ilvl gear with set bonuses. Just saying.

Technically, while they don't necessarily state an actual set bonus, each Ambuscade armor set specializes in a specific bonus (which obviously multiplies when you wear more pieces).
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-09-30 11:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Technically, while they don't necessarily state an actual set bonus, each Ambuscade armor set specializes in a specific bonus (which obviously multiplies when you wear more pieces).

Yes. But I meant the very specific set bonuses. They tend to be not worth the effort but the right Stat might make it worthwhile.

My nightmare scenario is having to lug this new set around for 1% utilization. Really hoping for a good theme and at least 1 good piece from each set or failing that decent set bonuses
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-30 11:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Yes. But I meant the very specific set bonuses.

Yeah I know and I agree. Hopefully we see more of that in the future - maybe even with the upcoming Nyzle Isle ilevel stuff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-09-30 12:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome so glad they finally balancing jobs like they said they would... such great update notes for a game that cost 17 a month to play...

*cries*
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-10-01 00:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue if SQEX plans to rebalance any further. Hasn't been changed at all really. Game is heavily focused on mage based groups with magic burst setups. We'll see I guess. Last 2 version updates have been pretty balls.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-01 00:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kiyara said: »
No clue if SQEX plans to rebalance any further. Hasn't been changed at all really. Game is heavily focused on mage based groups with magic burst setups. We'll see I guess. Last 2 version updates have been pretty balls.

I think you're a bit behind. People are clearing WoC and t4's with melee groups because of the changes made in the last two version updates.
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-10-01 01:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest problem right now overall though is the number of people to play with. They really need to do a server merge. Cut down from 16 to 8. It's long overdue. Having only 250-300 during US prime time and 400-700 during JP prime time is a good indication of that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-10-01 02:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kiyara said: »
Biggest problem right now overall though is the number of people to play with. They really need to do a server merge. Cut down from 16 to 8. It's long overdue. Having only 250-300 during US prime time and 400-700 during JP prime time is a good indication of that.

Not everyone wants server merges, if you want to be on one that is more populated I would suggest moving instead of waiting for it to come to you.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-10-01 02:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Awesome so glad they finally balancing jobs like they said they would... such great update notes for a game that cost 17 a month to play...

*cries*

[+]
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-01 02:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
Not everyone wants server merges, if you want to be on one that is more populated I would suggest moving instead of waiting for it to come to you.

Not everyone does, but everyone should. It's like kids who don't like eating their vegetables, brushing their teeth or going outside to play with other kids - sure, their lives won't end if they don't do it, but life will be a lot better if they do. :P
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-01 02:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll stay on Sylph and enjoy actually being able to enter Ambuscade and HTBs, but thanks for the offer.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-10-01 02:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I'll stay on Sylph and enjoy actually being able to enter Ambuscade and HTBs, but thanks for the offer.
I've never had to wait longer then 5 minutes to enter an ambuscade or HTB on Asura (not saying if there is an event on) But i think this claim that you have to wait is exagerated.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-01 02:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember multiple complaints from Asurans about being 40-50+ places behind in the Ambuscade queue. The longest I've ever had to wait on Sylph is 8. I'd much rather take the accessibility over the population.
 Siren.Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2016-10-01 03:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A suggested fix for Ambuscade would be to make multiple zones. They have Mhaura so far. They should make Selbina a 2nd location for an Ambuscade area/queue. Just a thought. Most I've waited was 20 min in a line and that's only during JP prime time. On the NA hour, it's always dead.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-01 03:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember multiple complaints from Asurans about being 40-50+ places behind in the Ambuscade queue. The longest I've ever had to wait on Sylph is 8. I'd much rather take the accessibility over the population.

This is like...first two days after an update with a really good set (like the skadi/jhakri ones) and that's about it.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-01 04:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is cute.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-01 05:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, well, I remember when I had to pay some chocobo stable attendant 1,500 gil to ride a feathery beast across several zones before having to let it go and haul it the rest of the way on foot to the BCNM... without any movement speed gear... and then having to join an XP party to earn back the thousands of XP I lost with that one death...

Point is, I keep seeing people bring up similar worries based on outdated and/or exaggerated info. It doesn't happen - I've never had to wait behind as many as 8 people/parties on Asura - and if it did SE would be forced to address the congestion seeing as how it's their cash cow. FFXI's subscription numbers would look far worse right now without it, so don't worry, that god forsaken Ambuscade will remain accessible no matter what.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-10-01 06:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Man it really does suck buying stuff from a better stocked AH and actually having people around to buy stuff that I am selling.

But hey, I have to wait 3 more minutes to do an event that sucks.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-01 14:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »

Yeah, well, I remember when I had to pay some chocobo stable attendant 1,500 gil to ride a feathery beast across several zones before having to let it go and haul it the rest of the way on foot to the BCNM... without any movement speed gear... and then having to join an XP party to earn back the thousands of XP I lost with that one death...

Point is, I keep seeing people bring up similar worries based on outdated and/or exaggerated info. It doesn't happen - I've never had to wait behind as many as 8 people/parties on Asura - and if it did SE would be forced to address the congestion seeing as how it's their cash cow. FFXI's subscription numbers would look far worse right now without it, so don't worry, that god forsaken Ambuscade will remain accessible no matter what.

Outdated info? Ambuscade is outdated info? Even before then Promathia was outdated info? Sylph last night started having roughly 10min waits with only 400ish people online a handful of parties actually in Mhaura. Yet Asura with it's 1k+ pop never has this problem? Rofl. I do thank you for the laugh though.

Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-01 14:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Outdated info? Ambuscade is outdated info? Even before then Promathia was outdated info? Sylph last night started having roughly 10min waits with only 400ish people online a handful of parties actually in Mhaura. Yet Asura with it's 1k+ pop never has this problem? Rofl. I do thank you for the laugh though.

"Asurans complain about being 40-50+ places behind in the Ambuscade queue" is outdated/exaggerated info. Go ahead and find me one player on Asura today that can back that statement up. Those type of complaints came from all servers, not just Asura, back before the dev team made changes to the entry process. I was on Cerberus with a grand total of 50 people online after a maintenance one night and had more trouble entering there than I did at any point after transferring to Asura. Context is everything.

Quit buying into the foolish notion that everyone on Asura experiences long waits to enter Ambuscade, HTBFs and Salvage. It honestly does sound like you're having a harder time entering on Sylph than I do here on Asura when 1,400+ are online - did about half a dozen runs last night and never waited more than a couple of minutes. As Vienner and Ladyofhonor pointed out, it just doesn't happen unless you're rushing it the first couple of days after an update. Feel free and ask other Asura players to chime in if you think we're conspiring to mislead you.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 201 202 203