2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 201 202 203
By Blazed1979 2016-07-20 07:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Inudesu said: »
The *** you want from them at this point, new endgame beyond HELM?
Shadow Lord Trust Cipher - make it cost 10,000 Conquest points.
[+]
By Inudesu 2016-07-20 07:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Shadow Lord Trust Cipher - make it cost 10,000 Conquest points.
I'll resub for a year if this happens.
 Odin.Lygre
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-07-20 10:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes :3
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-07-20 10:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know.. would it be crazy to want a Reisenjima T5 set of NM's? Maybe to upgrade some of these useless Aeonics?
By Inudesu 2016-07-20 11:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
I don't know.. would it be crazy to want a Reisenjima T5 set of NM's? Maybe to upgrade some of these useless Aeonics?

A HUGE majority of people can't even scratch CURRENT endgame. They're going to introduce content that nearly anyone can do from here on out. (besides master trials but those are purely for bragging rights. No point to do them from a gear stand point)
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-20 11:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A HUGE majority of people can't even scratch CURRENT endgame. They're going to introduce content that nearly anyone can do from here on out. (besides master trials but those are purely for bragging rights. No point to do them from a gear stand point)

Atm.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-20 11:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Of court people are complaining already. I'm not sure what people want from them. They added a new JT, while not amazing, is better than nothing. A bunch of good accessories, made ambuscade grind even worse, are changing ambuscade up every patch, and are expanding chocobo areas plus added a load of optional storage. The *** you want from them at this point, new endgame beyond HELM?

FTFY. And lets not pretend adding mount capability to zones is remotely difficult.

And SE is stupid if it is somehow a difficult change.
By Inudesu 2016-07-20 12:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Of court people are complaining already. I'm not sure what people want from them. They added a new JT, while not amazing, is better than nothing. A bunch of good accessories, made ambuscade grind even worse, are changing ambuscade up every patch, and are expanding chocobo areas plus added a load of optional storage. The *** you want from them at this point, new endgame beyond HELM?

FTFY. And lets not pretend adding mount capability to zones is remotely difficult.

And SE is stupid if it is somehow a difficult change.

What isn't a stupid grind in this game though? It's extremely worth it because those capes are BiS for almost every situation for every job. And I'm sure there's a few things to test before introducing mounts in new zones
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-20 12:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wouldn't list the new augment material as a pro on the list of things SE has done. Just more charging forward blindly in spite of feedback.

Yes, the capes which you can design towards a specific purpose of a job (tp,each ws,fc,etc) are BiS toward that purpose but this is one of the worst grinds SE has designed.

It's harder/takes longer to round up 10 bats than to kill the stupid bird.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-20 13:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mounts are a difficult change because every zone with mounts has a dig pool and they probably coded the chocobo system in a way they can't/won't just disable dig on new zones

that means every zone they add to mounts needs dig tables

not that it should be a lot of work for even 1 competent dev, but it's more than just flipping a boolean flag
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-21 02:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wonder why they had to make it so complicated with mounts and new zones.
Couldn't they simply allow mounts on new zones and... make so Digging wasn't allowed?
Why do the two things have to go together at all costs?

Doesn't seem a big deal to me to allow mounts on a new zone but not allowing you to dig in there.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-21 10:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Of court people are complaining already. I'm not sure what people want from them. They added a new JT, while not amazing, is better than nothing. A bunch of good accessories, made ambuscade capes even better, are changing ambuscade up every patch, and are expanding chocobo areas plus added a load of optional storage. The *** you want from them at this point, new endgame beyond HELM?

For all your trolling u did to me, I actually like your idea. New endgame yes pls.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-21 12:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I still wonder why they had to make it so complicated with mounts and new zones.
Couldn't they simply allow mounts on new zones and... make so Digging wasn't allowed?
Why do the two things have to go together at all costs?

Doesn't seem a big deal to me to allow mounts on a new zone but not allowing you to dig in there.
It all depends where that bracket closes.
And knowing some of the.... "Creative"... Programming choices they've made in the past...
It's quite likely that in order to disable digging from an area can't be done at the area level, thereby making them have to disable it in the master and reenable it everywhere it currently is... Assuming the syntax is the simplest it can possibly be.
Which in all likelihood, it isn't.

Of course they could just do like what they did with Despoil at the beginning of SoA... Just not have anything in a table, so that it returns errors or nothing.
But they probably want to avoid people bitching about how digging doesn't work in X area (like how nothing had despoiled items).
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-07-21 14:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Top Secret!
(1:09:30~)
You’ll have to check out the video for this!

This is still in the testing phase and haven’t decide what will happen just yet, but stay tuned for an update!

The next Freshly Picked is scheduled for the version update to take place after the next. But in its stead, there will be a special live stream event held by the famous Destiny, so be sure to tune in!

I’ll see you next time!

Anyone figure out what this is about? I went to that part of the video expecting to see some screenshots or action, but just a bunch of gibberish, and motherf**kers act like they forgot about Dre.
By Pantafernando 2016-07-26 03:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

We realize that the implementation of Master Trials has been a largely discussed topic both here and on other forums, and we’ve been passing along your feedback to the development team.

In order to facilitate better discussion around this topic (and also to get more feedback for the team), I wanted to start by sharing the overall concept of this content.

Master Trials were created as difficult end-game content for those players who have just about completed all other aspects of the game and are looking for challenging content to tackle. However, this is not pointing to only right now, this goes for the future as well. While many are busy at the moment putting the finishing touches on their Aeonic weapons or completing other outstanding in-game goals, once those are done, the team would like Master Trials to exist as challenging content that you can take on when you are ready. The team is very aware that only a small population of players have been undertaking the challenge, and they feel that once more players have geared up and enhanced their characters further that this content will be challenged more frequently. Thus, with each version update lately, they have been gradually implementing new Master Trials so that they will exist in the future for players to take on when they are prepared to do so.

In regard to the rewards that Master Trials offers, to better fit the overall concept, the team decided to go the cosmetic route instead of including weapons (or other items) that can be put into use in battle so that they do not become the sole goal of completing this content.

Hopefully this serves to get a better grasp of how the development team views Master Trials, so with that said, we’re looking forward to further feedback and comments about this content.
By Pantafernando 2016-07-26 03:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY XI.

We had previously suspended service of the test server Undine, and have now decided to officially shut it down on Tuesday, July 26 2016.
Thank you very much for your support of Undine over its many years of operation.

The entire FINAL FANTASY XI team will continue to work tirelessly to further improve the game, and we hope that you will continue with us on this journey.
By Wordspoken 2016-07-26 04:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Quote:
Top Secret!
(1:09:30~)
You’ll have to check out the video for this!

This is still in the testing phase and haven’t decide what will happen just yet, but stay tuned for an update!

The next Freshly Picked is scheduled for the version update to take place after the next. But in its stead, there will be a special live stream event held by the famous Destiny, so be sure to tune in!

I’ll see you next time!

Anyone figure out what this is about? I went to that part of the video expecting to see some screenshots or action, but just a bunch of gibberish, and motherf**kers act like they forgot about Dre.
I don't understand japanese enough to know what it was about, but I think they had technical difficulties hence not showing anything. I'm under the impression that it was a mount or something small like that.
By Pantafernando 2016-07-26 16:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

I just wanted to give you all a heads up on a nice quality of life change that will be taking place in the upcoming version update!

No longer will you need to be out of the /yell loop while in Mhaura, as we will be expanding the areas in which the /yell feature can be used to the three starting nations and other outlying cities.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2016-07-26 16:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't understand japanese enough to know what it was about, but I think they had technical difficulties hence not showing anything. I'm under the impression that it was a mount or something small like that.

It was for the magic pot mount
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-27 00:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a leech mount to flop around vanadeil do it SE!!!!
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-27 00:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
We need a leech mount to flop around vanadeil do it SE!!!!
Considering how silly the bomb mount looks for anyone that's not a Taru, I bet they'd do it.
By Treizekordero 2016-07-27 02:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised we don't have a goobbue mount already like what FFXIV got.
By Pantafernando 2016-07-27 04:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the August Version Update

Greetings once more, adventurers. Matsui here with a rundown on the next version update, which is scheduled to go live on Wednesday, August 3.

As you have come to expect, Ambuscade will be getting new foes to tackle and rewards to obtain, so make sure to spend your hallmarks and badges of gallantry before the update launches.

Another major addition is the continuation of the Ygnas Directive questline, which made its first appearance in June. This latest installment features the incorrigible Roskin, whose thirst for knowledge and women remains unquenchable.

Adjustments will also be made to both high-level monsters' evasion rates and damage taken by monster area-of-effect attacks.

Other changes include various job-related adjustment, addition of mount compatibility to several areas, alter ego adjustments, and the addition of detailed help text to yet more food and drink items.

A more detailed list of items to be implemented may be found below. As always, some of these items may be delayed due to ongoing testing.

Mission and Quest-related

New quest ・Create text
・Create cutscenes —
Treasures of Aht Urhgan ・Quality-of-life improvements for various scenes —

In-game Content and System-related

Ambuscade
・Create new notorious monsters
・Add specialized background music
Records of Eminence
・Add new objectives
Personal chocobo/mounts
・Expand the areas in which mounts can be ridden
・Add new areas for chocobo digging
・Make adjustments to behavior when changing areas
Chocobo raising
・Adjustments to the initial values of affection when beginning chocobo raising
Key items
・Add the category "Mog Garden"
"/yell" feature
・Expand the supported areas

Battle-related

Stats
・Adjust defense values from VIT
High-level monsters
・Adjust evasion
Overall monsters
・Adjust the damage of AoE special attacks
Alter egos
・Adjust certain alter egos
Puppetmaster
・Add new attachments

Item-related

Ambuscade
・Create new reward items
Synthesis
・Add new recipes
Synergy
・Add new recipes
Certain foods
・Add help text
Porter Moogle
・Add support for new items
By Treizekordero 2016-07-27 04:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Stats
・Adjust defense values from VIT

Well this got my attention I wonder what changes are being made. Maybe giving VIT/DEF the same ratio as STR/ATT and DEX/ACC?
 Asura.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Asura.Faloun 2016-07-27 05:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

reducing évasion on NMs and aoe dmg. Melee era will be back ?
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-27 05:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that they mention AoE damage but not ailments. Vex/Attunement will still be mandatory.
By Treizekordero 2016-07-27 05:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess Melee will be back for NMs that don't have super crappy aliments. I think SE is also being cautious not changing too much at once. Probably see a change to crippling status aliments in a future patch.

Hopefully....
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-07-27 10:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a silly one, but "changes to mount behavior on zoning" could be fun if implemented like I envision- such as riding a mount into a zone that natively has that mob grants bonuses to either digging endurance, speed, riding duration, etc. And then use some of the BST affinity traits to weaken mounts if they see mobs that intimidate them-shorter ride times, etc. Encourage players to get all the mounts that way.
By ibm2431 2016-07-27 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Note that they mention AoE damage but not ailments. Vex/Attunement will still be mandatory.

Nah, just tell the Yagrush to handle it. It's not like they'll be busy with other things. /s

But on a serious note, I feel for any WHMs playing post adjustments. Unless the AoE change is really insane, their job is going to get a lot harder if everyone decides "well, melees can hit the mob now, so let's go melee setup". Curaga and Erase for days!
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-27 16:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
well, melees can hit the mob now, so let's go melee setup".

XDDDD
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 201 202 203