Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 201 202 203
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-09 07:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Terp will almost certain get song duration+ and magic accuracy.

Priwen, who the hell knows. I think 10% MDT II would be quite interesting, but I don't take SE for the imaginative types.

Dunna will get Luopon damage taken, and probably conserve mp.

As for the melee weapons, some of those might be quite interesting. The pure DD ones will be inferior to anything else, but the utility ones like Aettir and Sandung might be neat.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-09 07:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Surely a 2 song Terpander can't happen or it just *** over all the 99 Daurdabla bards out there.
People still use BRD?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-09 07:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Surely a 2 song Terpander can't happen or it just *** over all the 99 Daurdabla bards out there.
People still use BRD?

We do, for melee apex parties anyway. Mostly just so the people who used to enjoy playing Bard can get a chance to play it again.
[+]
By Nellarie 2016-02-09 07:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
One other thing I would like to note is that we will be making adjustments to the damage calculations of melee attacks and ranged attacks, and this will also apply to automatons. You’ll be able to reference the same calculations for beastmaster’s pets, and the damage cap can be increased.

If they are recalculating the melee and ranged damage caps in reference to BST pets, then what would that do to tanking? On up to lvl 125-ish content, well geared DD are already hitting the enmity cap and end up pulling hate.

If the damage caps are raised across the board and Dunna does actually end up getting a potency buff, does this mean that now DDs will be more likely to pull hate on 135+ content too? Aren't we going to end up in the same enmity situation we were at the beginning of SoA?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-09 08:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think they will be updating orobros weapons..but who knows...
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-02-09 08:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Use enmity mitigation tactics and proper party setups. There are reasons they give us so many ways to manage our enmity.

Most likely you will end up with melee burn with no tank or tank + rangers again as they are the most efficient methods to circumvent this problem.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-09 08:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Don't think they will be updating orobros weapons..but who knows...

They have already said they will introduce arcane glyptics (like bayld gear) for JSE weapons in the upcoming update.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49806/
"Item-related > Oboro-type job specific equipment enhancments > Create new arcane glyptics"

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Use enmity mitigation tactics and proper party setups. There are reasons they give us so many ways to manage our enmity.

Most likely you will end up with melee burn with no tank or tank + rangers again as they are the most efficient methods to circumvent this problem.

I wouldn't mind melee DDs who go all out pull hate from tank. That is how it should work BUT you know, nuking is safer by miles so there is almost no cons for those who don't need to manage their enmity as much. It should be like this; melee DD=enmity up & damage up, ranged DD=enmity down & damage down. But currently it is melee DD=nope, ranged DD=enmity down & damage OMG.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-09 09:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
The idea is to lower the gap between ergon owners and none ergon owners. Since the gap between DD mythic owners and none DD mythic owners are pretty small, but the gap between ergon and none ergon owners are much greater.....this applies to both ergon weapons. I don't see why can't none ergon weapon owners get a alternative that's somewhat close to ergon owners.

You might not of been keeping up with the update. The gap between RME and non-RME is about to explode for melee's.

Do you have any idea what the difference between a Tizona/Almace BLU vs Colada x 2 BLU is going be? Or any other job for that matter. The DMG:delay update they are getting is immense enough for there to be a large gap, but then the additional stats and special abilities being upgraded just further that gap. It's functionally the same as Dunna +5, Idris +15.

So while I know you want your non-Idris GEO's to all have Geomancy +8 and therefor you won't be relying on princess GEO's as much, that is not likely to happen. Dunna might see +6 if they are lucky, most likely it will just be more -DT and maybe some conserve MP.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-09 09:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am expecting jse upgrades to be rather big. Trivial bonuses wouldn't cut it. They were an alternative to people who struggled with benchmark content which was delve2 at the time iirc. The upgrade should at least bring them on par with escha sky weapons (augmented) since the current benchmark is Reisenjima. It would be nice if they created several paths for each.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-09 09:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Chriscoffey said: »
Cerberus.Midgitis said: »

My Ryu Dragoon says "High Jump" All things.

But it also says "Please invite me." :(
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-02-09 09:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd upgrade dunna to be geomancy +10 but after the update, make idris and dunna stack so the few idris owners would be happy.

Is this fair? i think it is, everyone gets access to stronger geo debuffs AND idris geos are as they should be, broken as f.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 09:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The idea is to lower the gap between ergon owners and none ergon owners. Since the gap between DD mythic owners and none DD mythic owners are pretty small, but the gap between ergon and none ergon owners are much greater.....this applies to both ergon weapons. I don't see why can't none ergon weapon owners get a alternative that's somewhat close to ergon owners.

You might not of been keeping up with the update. The gap between RME and non-RME is about to explode for melee's.

Do you have any idea what the difference between a Tizona/Almace BLU vs Colada x 2 BLU is going be? Or any other job for that matter. The DMG:delay update they are getting is immense enough for there to be a large gap, but then the additional stats and special abilities being upgraded just further that gap. It's functionally the same as Dunna +5, Idris +15.

So while I know you want your non-Idris GEO's to all have Geomancy +8 and therefor you won't be relying on princess GEO's as much, that is not likely to happen. Dunna might see +6 if they are lucky, most likely it will just be more -DT and maybe some conserve MP.

You missed a portion of what I said in previous post again... did you skim through everyones post when others are presenting their opinions? God I'm usually not that rude nor offensive toward the others, but it's rather irritating and disrespectful to see ppl repeatly skip certain part of my posts and thus, missing the point.

I guess I should try to communicate using bullet point instead of paragraph next time....

1. I'm well aware of the gap between skill 269 REM and alternatives.

2. But I'm comparing skill 242 mythics and alternatives. Skill 242 mythics aren't that far ahead of alternatives.

3. I only compare skill 242 mythics but not skill 269 because we don't know how much they will cost yet. They may end up cost 700m or something. You sound like they're free or only need 20hr of grind, but it may end up being extremely hard to obtain and only few ppl can get it. Thus your "mythics will be way ahead of alternatives after this update" is kinda invalid atm.

4. You claimed dunna shouldn't get geomancy boost because it's cheap, and it's devaluing Idris's effort because it cost so much more for so little gain, but the same thing applies to those who make skill 242 Tizona.

5. If Dunna ended up needing 50m to augment after update, the reward effort ratio gap would be 50m for 7 or 8+ geomancy, v.s 400m for +10. It's actually not as bad as colada(probably don't need more than 10 to 20m to get useful augments)
V.s skill 242 Tizona, which is maybe 100 dps ahead last time I check spreadsheet, but cost 200m to make.

6. The reward effort ratio in this game is not linear anyways. Plenty of ppl toss 100m or 200m for 3% more increase in performance. Some HQ abj even sell for 500m+. As long as Idris remain on top, I don't think they're screwed.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-09 09:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Idris owners are the last people to feel screwed. That thing is the biggest game changer.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 10:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
I'd upgrade dunna to be geomancy +10 but after the update, make idris and dunna stack so the few idris owners would be happy.

Is this fair? i think it is, everyone gets access to stronger geo debuffs AND idris geos are as they should be, broken as f.

Not sure if trolling.... if player gets geomancy +20 access, dev would have to create all future content based on the fact that players has access to geomancy +20. The content would be *** hard for anyone without Idris.

I honestly think the reason why the highest tier content is exclusive a few ls in past 5 years is because support jobs like geo and brd(when they were relevant) has game changing REM.

Since dev has to keep the hardest content challenging enough, they have to balance difficulty based on the fact that Players has 4-8 songs and geomancy +10. So any group without access to geo brd with legendary are ***, the content would be way too hard for them.

Giving support jobs game changing legendary really isn't a good thing IMO.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-09 10:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

it's rather irritating and disrespectful to see ppl repeatly skip certain part of my posts and thus, missing the point.
You may want to make more concise posts if you feel like parts of it are being missed. This is something that plenty of other people in this thread should think about, too.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-09 10:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

2. But I'm comparing skill 242 mythics and alternatives. Skill 242 mythics aren't that far ahead of alternatives.

*Slams head on desk*

STOP everything right there, you don't know the history to understand the 119 REMs that well.

As you don't seem to understand the history of why the 119 REM's are so weak I'm going to tell you them.

Back at 99 the various REM's were monstrous, usually best in slot depending on the job / function. There was no GS better then Rag, no Sword better then Tiz or Almace, and so forth. Their damage vs delay was far better then the alternatives, they had better stats and additional effects.

Then 119 happened and all that ridiculous DMG weapons got released. They easily left the REM's eating dirt, even before +skill was added. Senbaak Nagan had 246 Damage and Acc / Atk +40 which completely outclassed Ragnarok. Senbaak was available off the AH and I remember borrowing an LS mates to that I could get the delve tojil win shortly after it was released. People made a lot of noise on the forums about how REM's were outclassed and how they put in all that work for them to be reduced to useless suddenly.

SE heard that crying and made a response which said "we will release updated REMs but w don't want them to be the most powerful items always, players should have other choices". So the 119 REM's were nerfed, released in a weakened state vs their 99 versions. They were given DMG values more equatable to 117 weapons as a way to balance for their additional properties / aftermaths. This made it so that other 119 weapons would be competitive with a smaller power gap. That was a few years ago and the power creep has made many newer weapons better in all but niche circumstances.

What is happened soon is that SE is reversing their previous position and un-nerfing REM's. They are deliberately undoing the nerf they put in place in the past and therefor making REM's the best in slot by a long shot. They are raising the DMG values, stats and special properties to their status. In short, SE is deliberately making REM's the best weapons, not as an accident or to "close the gap", but to deliberately have REM's leap frog recently released Unity / Escha weapons by a large margin. So your idea of "shortening the gap" is 180 degree's from what SE is doing, essentially you are completely wrong.

We already know the upgrade process won't be long and arduous. SE already posted that people with AG's could finish it in a few hours, without AG's within a week. So expect some sort of item farming similiar to what was 99 -> 119 but even quicker due to current SC / MB mechanics making most content rapidly spamable.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-02-09 10:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't help but think there's going to be a lot of disappointment tomorrow when the reality of what the upgrades entail is revealed.

I expect epic levels of grinding to be involved for the final stages, which is why they are buffing the Oboro weapons as a sop to the majority of the playerbase who -not unreasonably- will see most 269's being out of their reach.

The main function of the melee buff I suspect will be to make apex mob grinding somewhat more effective, as I doubt it'll have escaped SE's attention which jobs are gaining a lot more cp than others.

The bottom line is that they need to slow down content-burn as they don't have the staff to keep up with demand.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-09 10:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with pretty much everything you said in that post, except that: support jobs need legendaries that are worth going for too.

SE already had a mechanic for allowing content to scale, though - the difficulty settings on high tier battlefields. I wish they'd use that more often.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Xijaah
Server: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-09 10:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We already know the upgrade process won't be long and arduous. SE already posted that people with AG's could finish it in a few hours, without AG's within a week. So expect some sort of item farming similiar to what was 99 -> 119 but even quicker due to current SC / MB mechanics making most content rapidly spamable.

When did they say that?
(Edit: ah, i see that now that you probably meant 24h*7=168h worth of play time)
[+]
By volkom 2016-02-09 10:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 10:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xijaah said: »

When did they say that?

I swear every dev post that I've read says the opposite.... skill 269 REM will need a lot of time unless you have AG.

I guess it's not my poor writing skill that caused some ppl miss points. :p
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-02-09 10:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

I agree with pretty much everything you said in that post, except that: support jobs need legendaries that are worth going for too.

SE already had a mechanic for allowing content to scale, though - the difficulty settings on high tier battlefields. I wish they'd use that more often.

As an Idris owner, the base line boost isn't much, its actually not that impressive. Where it shines and gets ridiculous is when Job Abilities get involved. Due to the multiplicative properties of Blaze of Glory, Ecliptic Attrition and Bolster; Idris really starts to become game changing and in some case game breaking when coupled.

Modifying the potencies of potency enhancing JAs would probably be a better direction then adding +1~3 on Dunna. Or doing both would be great or just go crazy and remove the value check and make potency+ gear stack..

However, gonna need OP support jobs to not whiff on OP accuracy checks.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-02-09 11:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who want to know what actually has been said by the Devs regarding time/difficulty upgrading REMs:

Quote:
If you already have a weapon with an afterglow effect, you will have an advantage as the next phase for enhancement will be easier to accomplish. On the other hand, those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them.

Quote:
Players that already took the time to complete the afterglow effect on their weapon(s), will be rewarded by being able to upgrade in an easier manner through a quest.

We estimate that players with afterglow weapons will be able to upgrade within one hour of starting the quest. Even if you didn't spend the time to create a weapon with an afterglow, we're still offering a method to obtain an afterglow and continue the upgrade process on these legendary weapons, but you’ll still have a great task ahead of you.

Quote:
We can’t provide exact details other than letting you know that the hurdle to upgrade these weapons will be high. You’ll be able to complete the upgrade process by steadily working on your goal over the course of time. Also, not only will you be able to make progress through battle content, it will also be possible to use gil as a way to complete these upgrades.

I didn't find a post from the Devs about non-afterglow upgrades taking a week. The only thing I found regarding non-afterglow upgrades taking about a week is Tidis and Saevel on this thread doing some wishful thinking on page 48.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-02-09 11:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if trolling.... if player gets geomancy +20 access, dev would have to create all future content based on the fact that players has access to geomancy +20. The content would be *** hard for anyone without Idris.

I honestly think the reason why the highest tier content is exclusive a few ls in past 5 years is because support jobs like geo and brd(when they were relevant) has game changing REM.

Since dev has to keep the hardest content challenging enough, they have to balance difficulty based on the fact that Players has 4-8 songs and geomancy +10. So any group without access to geo brd with legendary are ***, the content would be way too hard for them.

You really missed my point, idris owners would still be at the peak (that amount of gil spent on 1 item must count) while the rest of the geos would enjoy having access to a very potent tool that would boost them/their party enough to not rely on idris geos.

Would idris geos be broken? they are broken now, the only difference is ppl would have easier times with those pesky T3s.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
For those who want to know what actually has been said by the Devs regarding time/difficulty upgrading REMs:

Quote:
If you already have a weapon with an afterglow effect, you will have an advantage as the next phase for enhancement will be easier to accomplish. On the other hand, those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them.

Quote:
Players that already took the time to complete the afterglow effect on their weapon(s), will be rewarded by being able to upgrade in an easier manner through a quest.

We estimate that players with afterglow weapons will be able to upgrade within one hour of starting the quest. Even if you didn't spend the time to create a weapon with an afterglow, we're still offering a method to obtain an afterglow and continue the upgrade process on these legendary weapons, but you’ll still have a great task ahead of you.

Quote:
We can’t provide exact details other than letting you know that the hurdle to upgrade these weapons will be high. You’ll be able to complete the upgrade process by steadily working on your goal over the course of time. Also, not only will you be able to make progress through battle content, it will also be possible to use gil as a way to complete these upgrades.

I didn't find a post from the Devs about non-afterglow upgrades taking a week. The only thing I found regarding non-afterglow upgrades taking about a week is Tidis and Saevel on this thread doing some wishful thinking on page 48.

If you already have 500m gil, maybe it's possible to finish it in a week. For majority of the players, I only see super grind ahead of them.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-02-09 11:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Except Ergons don't have an afterglow option. Hope they're an exception!
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 11:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You really missed my point, idris owners would still be at the peak (that amount of gil spent on 1 item must count) while the rest of the geos would enjoy having access to a very potent tool that would boost them/their party enough to not rely on idris geos.

Would idris geos be broken? they are broken now, the only difference is ppl would have easier times with those pesky T3s.

The thing is that dev has to keep certain content difficulty in check when Buffing jobs and gears.

My point is that if SE still has plans to release more difficult content past T4 after 1 year, they will need to design the content based on the fact that Idris GEO has geomancy +20. So whoever has Dunna with geomancy +10 are still *** because new content difficulty needs be "challenging" for geomancy +20 Geos, it would be damn impossible to do with geomancy +10 Geo.

Now the gap between Idris and dunna is just 5 geomancy, and it already make a huge difference on higher lv content in terms of difficulty. If the difference is 10 geomancy then there's no way none Idris geo can ever beat future content anymore.

Also super buffing Idris now kills game longevity since ppl will finish current content faster and quit.

What's the point to do adjustment like this that kills current content longevity and make future content unbeatable for groups without Idris access?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 11:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Except Ergons don't have an afterglow option. Hope they're an exception!

SE said none AG owners can still use gil to update. So if you have a deep pocket you can still get it in short time maybe.
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 201 202 203