Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 201 202 203
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-08 14:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it bad that I'm kind of hoping that the Dunna augment isn't more Geomancy +? GEO is already really powerful and I feel like it'd diminish the attractiveness of Idris by quite a bit when it's such a massive pain in the *** to get
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-08 14:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"Enhances 'Cardinal Chant' effect"

Please look forward to it.

It'll probably just be something like INT/MAB vs mp/fc/refresh vs pet regen. I'd ***a brick if they gave it more Geomancy+.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-08 14:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As I've been too lazy to.make an Ochain, I do hope Priwen gains something non-shitty, such as increased block rate or even something like a bit more DT.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-08 15:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Oboro Items (2016/2/8)

The items from the NPC “Oboro” which will be enhanced will include the following:

Priwen/Terpander/Dunna

Those items are already quite powerful for what they are. I cannot imagine they are intending to overtake RME options, but I wonder if they are going to make them more competitive. For example, throwing song+ on Terp, MDT on Priwen, idk on Dunna...

We'll see I guess.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-08 15:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see Dunna getting "Geomancy +5". Potency, not skill.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-08 15:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Only way that would happen is if that term was increased by at least +5 on Idris in the "121" state... Which it may or may not be given the current potency of geomancy+.

But even then... If it did get geomancy+, I would expect it to be no more than +3 to retain Idris' "power"... Though the argument can be made against that with Derpander and Daurabluh.

EDIT: HOLYFCKSHTBALLS. Thank goodness they're going the X00 item route. I was actually leaning on 1 boulder/plouton/beitetsu+1 for a random augment... I can't say how relieved I am for that not being the case. Soooooooooo niiiiiiiiice.

And it occurs to me, as had to others, that, given the campaign, it might not be "boulder/plouton/beitetsu+1", but might just be 10/20/30k of the regular ones we already have...
Though I think it'll be new items, it's something to chew on.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-08 16:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign

The number of personal drops in the following battlefields will be increased by one, and players will receive either a pluton, a pluton case, a pluton box, a chunk of beitetsu, a beitetsu case, a beitetsu box, a riftborn boulder, a boulder case, or a boulder box.
?Ark Angles 1 / ?Ark Angels 2 / ?Ark Angels 3 / ?Ark Angels 4 / ?Ark Angels 5 /
?Return to Delkfutt's Tower / ?The Celestial Nexus / ?The Savage / ?The Warrior's Path /
?Puppet in Peril / ?Legacy of the Lost / ?Rank 5 Mission / ?Head Wind /
?One to be Feared / ?Dawn / ?Pentacide Perpetrator / ?Trial by Fire / ?Trial by Ice /
?Trial by Wind / ?Trial by Earth / ?Trial by Lightning / ?Trial by Water /
?The Moonlit Path / ?Waking the Beast / ?Waking Dreams
* Higher quality items will drop more frequently on higher difficulties.

Can't distinguish if the HQ items fall into the category of "personal items". My guess is no, and they are simply adding one more slot for pluton/beit/rift for items that go directly to you.

My question is, if HQ gear/weapons are not included in the personal drop category they mentioned above, why even include it in this post?

They could possibly be referring to cases and boxes.

Makes sense. I was trying to follow the asterisk footnote, but I see nowhere on this explanation where they are identifying "Higher Quality Items". But thanks.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-08 16:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Dunna already have Geomancy+5?
You're asking for Geomancy+10 total?

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-08 19:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
inb4 10,000 pluton/beitetsu/riftborn needed for upgrade

F I V E H U N D R E D U M B R A L M A R R O W S
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-02-08 20:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always do 'geomancy ii'+1
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2016-02-08 20:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
inb4 10,000 pluton/beitetsu/riftborn needed for upgrade

F I V E H U N D R E D U M B R A L M A R R O W S

Need 10,000 of each type of seal (Beastmen, Kindred, etc.)
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-08 23:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Dunna already have Geomancy+5?
You're asking for Geomancy+10 total?

I'm not "asking" for it. All I said was it's a real possibility, especially considering Idris is getting an upgrade as well.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-09 00:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a very, very unlikely possibility. Geomancy+ is simply too potent.

I'll reiterate what I said last time this came up: just because an RME weapon is getting upgraded does not mean all stats on that weapon will be increased. We already have evidence to the contrary.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-09 01:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunna already has THREE STATS that are outstanding for geo. I could see pet regen, refresh, indicolure duration, anything else really. But pet DT/Geomancy Skill or Potency would just be too much. And I love geo, but the rich do not necessarily need to get richer in this instance.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 02:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sinc Idris has geomancy +10, I don't think dunna getting a small boost to geomancy is game breaking

something like +3 for +8 total on Dunna really wouldn't hurt.

Same applies to aettir. Something like 5% more pdt- II really won't break the game nor devalue ergon weapons.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-09 02:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Sinc Idris has geomancy +10, I don't think dunna getting a small boost to geomancy is game breaking

Same applies to aettir. Something like 5% more pdt- II really won't break the game nor devalue ergon weapons.

Dunna with Geomancy +8 would be broke as *** considering how easy it is to obtain.

Each +1 of geomancy is a pretty big increase in potency of unresistible debuffs, undispellable buffs. +10 alone doubles the power of a capped skill Geomancy spell (some ones it more then doubles) and requires a huge time / gil investment in getting all guilds to rank 7 and then getting all those damn HMPs. Dunna requires a few million gil and that's pretty much it.

In order to buff Dunna's Geomancy they would need to buff Idris's Geomancy. GEO is already OP in the buff / debuff department, Idris just makes it ridiculous. GEO is so OP that it overshadows the original OP buffing / debuffing job, BRD. Buffing Idris to have more geomancy is highly unlikely and so buffing Dunna to have +8 is also highly unlikely, you may see +6 though. What is likely to be added is more Loupan DT- or possibly Regen+. Dunna has -5 while Idris has -25, there is a big enough discrepancy that SE could raise Dunna to -10 or -15 and still not be in danger of trivializing Idris.
 Sylph.Xijaah
Server: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-09 03:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they are buffing support Jobs (making gear that matters easier to get) to indirectly nerf high end nms? Im not saying it's right or wrong, but right now, on some of them, idris is a pretty much a requirement.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 03:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Dunna with Geomancy +8 would be broke as *** considering how easy it is to obtain.

Each +1 of geomancy is a pretty big increase in potency of unresistible debuffs, undispellable buffs. +10 alone doubles the power of a capped skill Geomancy spell (some ones it more then doubles) and requires a huge time / gil investment in getting all guilds to rank 7 and then getting all those damn HMPs. Dunna requires a few million gil and that's pretty much it.

In order to buff Dunna's Geomancy they would need to buff Idris's Geomancy. GEO is already OP in the buff / debuff department, Idris just makes it ridiculous. GEO is so OP that it overshadows the original OP buffing / debuffing job, BRD. Buffing Idris to have more geomancy is highly unlikely and so buffing Dunna to have +8 is also highly unlikely, you may see +6 though. What is likely to be added is more Loupan DT- or possibly Regen+. Dunna has -5 while Idris has -25, there is a big enough discrepancy that SE could raise Dunna to -10 or -15 and still not be in danger of trivializing Idris.

The idea is to lower the gap between ergon owners and none ergon owners. Since the gap between DD mythic owners and none DD mythic owners are pretty small, but the gap between ergon and none ergon owners are much greater.....this applies to both ergon weapons. I don't see why can't none ergon weapon owners get a alternative that's somewhat close to ergon owners.

Idris is still the king of GEO weapons with +10 geomancy, even if Dunna gets +8. Idris GEO will still get pt invite over a geomancy +8 Dunna GEO. Also JSE weapon augment may need a lot of gil investment if the new upgrade items are expensive. Say if you need 50M to get geomancy +3 augment on Dunna, then it's no longer "very easy to obtain". I see it as a valid alternative for ppl with 50M gil to spend, but don't want to spend 400M on 2 more geomancy.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-09 04:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

+3 is way too much.
Wishful thinking there!

I could see space for another +1 though, wether it's an augment on Dunna or a new item that gives +1. Wouldn't stack with Idris anyway, and closing a bit the gap between Idris and non Idris GEOs wouldn't be such a bad idea in the end.

But +8 Geomancy would be way too close.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-09 04:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

New login campaign...

...3000pts for a Codex of Etchings, lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-09 04:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With this update, the gap between Mythic and non-Mythic will be enormous. I disagree with allowing the gap between Ergon and non-Ergon to be minimal, especially considering the massive amount of time and money necessary for Ergon.

And if we're going by gil per Geomancy+, a Dunna upgrade with +8 total Geomancy should cost 240M, not 50. It is way too much benefit for entirely too little investment.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-02-09 04:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
Asura.Azriel said: »
Can we please remove the huttburt and let Pantafernando do his job.
I want to read info here - and he is doing a good job since he is doing it.
Keep your edicks somewhere else i dont want to read pages of trash i could read somewhere else - I want my update notes.

Quote:

??
Rooks said: »
Asura.Cair said: »
Quote:

??

I read that as "let's have discussions without two people getting all nasty to each other about it", which is how I intend to enforce it, anyway.

Discuss away!

I dont see the point in arguing over "USE ITEMS" and "NO THEY ARE TOO EXPENSIVE" in a dev tracker thread but hey - just me it seems. Discuss all you want bout things that arent even implented yet - but arguing to buy or not buy items that can greatly increase your winning streak ... way to go.

How bout we argue over mages not having Echos then.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 04:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
With this update, the gap between Mythic and non-Mythic will be enormous. I disagree with allowing the gap between Ergon and non-Ergon to be minimal, especially considering the massive amount of time and money necessary for Ergon.

And if we're going by gil per Geomancy+, a Dunna upgrade with +8 total Geomancy should cost 240M, not 50. It is way too much benefit for entirely too little investment.

We don't know the cost of super mythics though, so it's too early to judge.

Huh, the super mythics may cost a lot more than 200m, if super mythics need another 400m to make, it would need 600m total, which reflects the reward effort ratio as well. So I'm just comparing reisen weapons v.s current mythics. Atm a lot of 200m mythics has minimal increase in terms of performance, and yet ppl still make them everyday.

Either way, reward effort ratio is completely subjective. There are plenty of gears in this game that's damn good for it's price, and vice versa.

I honestly think this game needs a geo weapon that's somewhat close to Idris, but still inferior to it, since most other jobs get good alternatives to legendary. While geo, the most important job in this game doesn't.
By Ruaumoko 2016-02-09 05:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Aettir
DMG: 269
Great Sword Skill+242 Parrying Skill+242
Magic Accuracy Skill+188
Magic Evasion +40 Enmity +15
Physical Damage Taken II -10%
Lv99 RUN

Terpander
Grants an additional song effect.
Grants an additional song effect II.
Increases song effect duration +25%.
All Songs +3
Lv99 BRD

Dunna
Handbell Skill +18
Geomancy +7
Luopan: Damage Taken -10%
Increases Indi. Effect Duration +10%
Lv99 GEO

I think those would be fair. Aettir and Dunna gain some ground on their Ergon counterparts and Bard gets a much-needed leg-up. I do think that the materials to augment the JSE weapons should be quite expensive though.

Edit: While we're at it, this as well.

Priwen
DEF:65 HP+200
Shield Skill+112 Phalanx +5
Enhances 'Reprisal' Effect
Damage Taken -10%
Lv99 PLD
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-09 05:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as the process for upgrading isn't too simple of a matter, I'd be fine with those changes. BRD desperately needs the assistance.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-09 05:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely a 2 song Terpander can't happen or it just *** over all the 99 Daurdabla bards out there.
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
user: Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-02-09 05:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Surely a 2 song Terpander can't happen or it just *** over all the 99 Daurdabla bards out there.

I think they are fine with it, as they are used to getting screwed from those 1500 HMP and 60 cinder :3
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-02-09 05:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Could say the same thing for all the Idris GEO out there. It might need to happen though, support jobs are so crucial in endgame but cost the earth to get to top standard. This would help quite a bit.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-09 05:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Could say the same thing for all the Idris GEO out there. It might need to happen though, support jobs are so crucial in endgame but cost the earth to get to top standard. This would help quite a bit.

Geomancy +10 geo is still ahead of geomancy +7 geo though, so Idris remain on top.

Daurdabla 99 brd really aren't on top anymore if other alternatives get 4 songs.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 201 202 203