First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 201 202 203
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 22:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
there is a very comprehensive list of ways to remove debuffs but you're labeled a troll if you don't agree with peoples shitty opinions.

1)vex/attune for land rate flooring

2)using divine caress (obviously does not apply to erase, but congration it lets you cast erase more without having to worry about an extra -na spell)

3)meds, if slow is really that important and you have multiple erasables on, just use a panancea

4)na spell->sacrifice to avoid ***like para/curse

5)giving your whm march/indi-haste/some form of capped magic haste so that their timers are actually good and erase spamming actually becomes a non-issue

6)your support also comes /whm (asides from COR since they actually do fairly decent damage.) BRD and GEO aren't doing shitall after they put up their buffs in a melee setup. if they don't come /whm and help with status removal then they are pretty lazy and/or bad

there really is nothing wrong with WHM. and if you don't want to use panaceas to remove slow and for some reason that extra 5 seconds of slow makes you lose, then maybe you were probably going to lose in the first place regardless

actually, this is my answer to it but you've got me blocked so you can't see it anyway. enjoy being bad :)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-06 23:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For those attempting to defend the troll here is his post where he stuck his boot into his mouth.

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
then don't be a potato and cast paralyna before sacrifice, this isn't a hard concept

Yes, you can cast Paralyna before Sacrifice. That's not the problem with Sac. The real problem is when you pick up multiple eraseables along with potent Slow.

hello pls panacea exists. either the whm or dd can use it, there is literally alternatives to everything.

damage taken/debuffs received isn't even the issues with DDs, it's dispels on songs/rolls and the acc requirements being way too high right now. vex, attune, wilt, and to a lesser extent barrier are all really powerful. yagrush WHM paired with divine caress and vex/attune almost never has to cast ***

My response

Quote:
Those are really really REALLY expensive to make. 200K a stack on Asura, that's more expensive then food.

Each synth requires a Philosopher's Stone and makes 4 panaceas. One stack of Philosopher's Stone costs 240K and they are hard to get in large quantities, typically as singles in voidwatch chests and so forth. I keep a stack on me at all times for emergencies, but asking people to use them as a primary source of status removal is beyond stupid. Remedies and Holy waters are pretty cheap to get so those are understandable, but not Panaceas.

To which he again puts his foot into his mouth

Quote:
Panacea are sold by the Curio Moogle for 20k each

He suggested spending even more money then what it would cost off the AH.

Upon which he retreats into juvenile behavior, the kind you see junior high kids do when they are rebelling against parents. He could of backed down and acknowledged his response was impracticable and kind of dumb, or even he worded it badly, but instead he doubled down on the juvenile behavior.

That is when I black listed him.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 23:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

okay i don't know why this discussion/argument is still going on when it was dropped pages ago but ANYWAY. the response was within the context of multiple erasable debuffs being on. that doesn't really happen that often anyway unless your WHM and/or support are falling behind on erases in the first place. if you get impacted, are you really going to sit there and make your support erase you 7 times, or are you just gonna pop a panacea and make everyones lives easier? if you have slow on, but you also have dia/addle and a bunch of other junk debuffs on, are you going to sit there and hope your WHMs get it off, or are you going to just pop a panacea? if the fight is sufficiently hard enough where healing WOULD actually be an issue, then yes, you would drop 20k per panacea for the sake of the success of the fight. but you can continue to take it completely out of context and rage over literally nothing. thank you for putting me in my place
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-02-06 23:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you so dense that you aren't able to comprehend that curio was suggested as a readily available and non-user dependent source of Panacea?

If you're having trouble spending 240k on a stack of Panacea I've got bad news for you, bud.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-07 00:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Shouldn't need too many meds if all you're doing is t1-3 Reisen mobs...unless you're trying to melee them

Holy ***have you not been reading the past few pages.

This is about using melee on high tier content and the problems present that prevents it. Multiple status ailment aoe spam is one of those and the troll's answer is to spam Panaceas.

Holy ***did you not see the comment I was replying to above mine, or the other contributions I've posted in this thread?

Pretty sure that I've touched upon the content you scream of, and the reason one should in fact carry appropriate meds.

I wouldn't be so rude to someone who, you know, AGREED with you, but I heard that that's the way they roll on Asura.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-07 00:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

He's a professional at taking small snippets of conversations and taking them completely out of context and being a complete raging *** about it, if you haven't noticed yet
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-02-08 06:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Vana'diel Rainbow Campaign! (02/08/2016)

The following campaigns will be held simultaneously starting on Tuesday, February 9 at 11:00 p.m. (PST)

Campaign Period: Tuesday, February 9 at 11:00 p.m. (PST) to Tuesday, February 16 at 6:59 a.m.

Chain Experience Bonus Campaign

Earn from double to three times the normal amount of experience from experience chains.

Chain Capacity Point Bonus Campaign

Earn from double to three times the normal amount of capacity points from experience chains.

Chain Monstrosity Bonus Campaign

Earn from double to three times the normal amount of experience from experience chains.

Abyssea Campaign

During the campaign, the default light values of pearlescent, azure, golden, and silver auras will be drastically increased.
In addition, a blue treasure chest has been placed near Horst in Port Jeuno (H-8). Opening the chest will enable you to claim one of the following prizes:
- Eleven varieties of Atma
- One Lunar Abyssite key item
- 100,000 cruor

Mog Gardens Campaign

Mog Gardens will undergo the following modifications throughout the duration.
- The number of shining stars received when entering a Mog Garden will be doubled.
- The coastal fishing net will provide different special items.
- Items may be harvest from Monster Rearing twice per day.
- The following items will be sold in the gardens specially throughout the duration.
Golden Seed Pouch / Chestnut Tree Sap / Monarch Beetle Saliva
Mahogany Bed / Noble?s Bed / Goblin Stew 880

Alter Ego Expo

Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
- Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP are increased by 50%.
- Alter egos have stronger resistance to status ailments.

Adoulin Dial Campaign

A brand new dial will added to the Goblin Mystery Box!
The Adoulin dial is usable once per Earth day and provides a variety of rewards specific to Seekers of Adoulin content, such as Skirmish stones and airlixirs from Delve.
Further, the chance of receiving equipment from the SP dial will be increased.
* The Adoulin dial is completely free to use.
* At least forty-five days must have passed since character creation to be eligible to use the Goblin Mystery Box.

Incursion Campaign

During the campaign, monsters and notorious monsters will only drop grand coffers when defeated.

Geas Fete Campaign

Earn double the usual amount of escha silt from combat in Escha areas.

High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign

The number of personal drops in the following battlefields will be increased by one, and players will receive either a pluton, a pluton case, a pluton box, a chunk of beitetsu, a beitetsu case, a beitetsu box, a riftborn boulder, a boulder case, or a boulder box.
?Ark Angles 1 / ?Ark Angels 2 / ?Ark Angels 3 / ?Ark Angels 4 / ?Ark Angels 5 /
?Return to Delkfutt's Tower / ?The Celestial Nexus / ?The Savage / ?The Warrior's Path /
?Puppet in Peril / ?Legacy of the Lost / ?Rank 5 Mission / ?Head Wind /
?One to be Feared / ?Dawn / ?Pentacide Perpetrator / ?Trial by Fire / ?Trial by Ice /
?Trial by Wind / ?Trial by Earth / ?Trial by Lightning / ?Trial by Water /
?The Moonlit Path / ?Waking the Beast / ?Waking Dreams
* Higher quality items will drop more frequently on higher difficulties.

Domain Invasion Campaign

The respawn time of notorious monsters will be halved during the campaign.
[+]
By Cathaldus 2016-02-08 06:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that right, one week seems short for a campaign.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-02-08 06:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cathaldus said: »

Its gonna be a 7 campaigns of 1 week so i guess after this one is about to end, they will start the next or something.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-08 07:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The rainbow font has been horribly underused for what is called a rainbow campaign
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-02-08 07:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
The rainbow font has been horribly underused for what is called a rainbow campaign

Fixed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-02-08 07:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused... Is this conversation about winning an internet argument or winning T3+ fights in Reisenjima with DDs?

If it is the former, please carry on. Glad to see you've found something else to whine about than Bsts doing stuff.

If it is the later and you want to use DDs on high tier content and the main problem you are experiencing is multiple debuffs and panaceas will help you win, use panaceas.

It is better than losing, and in the time saved by winning, go farm the 300k you spent.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-02-08 07:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we please remove the huttburt and let Pantafernando do his job.
I want to read info here - and he is doing a good job since he is doing it.
Keep your edicks somewhere else i dont want to read pages of trash i could read somewhere else - I want my update notes.
[+]
By Cathaldus 2016-02-08 08:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

Its gonna be a 7 campaigns of 1 week so i guess after this one is about to end, they will start the next or something.

Duh, I should have read it properly. Thanks anyways.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-08 08:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 10,000 pluton/beitetsu/riftborn needed for upgrade
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-02-08 08:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes rainbow campaign.
Still does not allow same sex marriage...
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-08 10:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Makes rainbow campaign.

SE says "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!" to Manthra/Mithra unions! Mhaurans and Windurstians protest! Full update at the five o'clock news hour!"
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-02-08 10:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

Duh, I should have read it properly. Thanks anyways.

Don't know where 7 campaigns come from, I count 11. At the top it says they are held simultaneously. So for all we know it is just one week.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-02-08 10:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Don't know where 7 campaigns come from, I count 11. At the top it says they are held simultaneously. So for all we know it is just one week.

Per the announcement:

Quote:
We will be holding a seven-week series of campaigns starting on Tuesday, February 9 at 11:00 p.m. (PST)! The first week features the following.

So yeah, those 11 are what's running during the first week. The second week will be a different set.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-02-08 10:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »

Per the announcement:

Quote:
We will be holding a seven-week series of campaigns starting on Tuesday, February 9 at 11:00 p.m. (PST)! The first week features the following.

So yeah, those 11 are what's running during the first week. The second week will be a different set.

Ah, that wasn't on Pantafernando's quoted post, so missed it.
By Sandmaster 2016-02-08 10:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I do like the campaigns, but having the last few day off them has given me motivation to do things I would push down the list of 'best use of time' like completing missions, playing some solo WKR, Questing, Completing RoE objectives etc.

The CP campaign will be awesome; I was so close to finishing COR off last one but could'nt bring myself to do CP w/o the campaign and there's another job I really want to finish off aswell so CP for me.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-08 11:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Makes rainbow campaign.

Don't worry... they will do a hillary one day...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-08 11:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

The number of personal drops in the following battlefields will be increased by one, and players will receive either a pluton, a pluton case, a pluton box, a chunk of beitetsu, a beitetsu case, a beitetsu box, a riftborn boulder, a boulder case, or a boulder box.
?Return to Delkfutt's Tower / ?The Celestial Nexus / ?The Savage / ?The Warrior's Path /
?One to be Feared / ?Dawn / ?Pentacide Perpetrator / ?Trial by Fire / ?Trial by Ice /

Can't distinguish if the HQ items fall into the category of "personal items". My guess is no, and they are simply adding one more slot for pluton/beit/rift for items that go directly to you.

My question is, if HQ gear/weapons are not included in the personal drop category they mentioned above, why even include it in this post?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-08 12:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:

Can't distinguish if the HQ items fall into the category of "personal items". My guess is no, and they are simply adding one more slot for pluton/beit/rift for items that go directly to you.

My question is, if HQ gear/weapons are not included in the personal drop category they mentioned above, why even include it in this post?

They could possibly be referring to cases and boxes.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-02-08 12:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Keep your edicks somewhere else i dont want to read pages of trash i could read somewhere else - I want my update notes.

Quote:
Dev Tracker - news, discussions

??
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-08 12:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
Quote:
Dev Tracker - news, discussions

??

I read that as "let's have discussions without two people getting all nasty to each other about it", which is how I intend to enforce it, anyway.

Discuss away!
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-08 12:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Make one thread strictly for news posts and another thread for discussing them. Seems to work at BG Forums.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-08 12:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The title of this thread is update notes AND discussion. If you don't want to read nor participate in discussions, either read update notes on the SE website or BG(they have a separate thread there)

But it is not ppls fault for participating discussions in this thread since this is what it's for.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-08 14:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll apologize for shitting all over the thread. Every time I walked away he came back and said something even more idiotic that baited me into responding, I'm done with it though.

Sorry!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-08 14:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oboro Items (2016/2/8)

The items from the NPC “Oboro” which will be enhanced will include the following:

Priwen/Terpander/Dunna

The method for enhancement will be similar to that of Delve, where you turn in certain items to the NPC to increase the number of points on the item. There will not be multiple routes to enhance the items, but the stats added will be appropriate for each job, so we hope you look forward to it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 201 202 203