users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 201 202 203
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-12-01 14:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Considering the effort a new or returning player would have to make in order to get 119 gear, it doesn't seem too crazy to me that things like Delve have been topped by stuff like Vagary, Sinister Reign, and Escha. Doesn't stop a person from enlisting the help of friends, but there are a significant number of players who don't have a group that can carry them through the harder content for the highest end gear.

Anyway, I'm still expecting a Magians-esque effort for the upgrades. Kill Putraxia 3 times to upgrade your Excalibur or whatever.

I know they're going to do it, but I'm going to be pretty agitated if they tie relic upgrades to group content. I even *have* a nice linkshell, but not enough steady playtime to actually schedule things with them (I still don't even have Vagary clears!).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-12-01 14:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1298] Geas Fete Updates
New notorious monsters will be added to Reisenjima.

The combat area radius will be reduced in the following areas.

Escha - Zi'Tah / Escha - Ru'Aun / Reisenjima

The number of monsters near ??? targets in Reisenjima will be adjusted.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-01 14:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
FFXI is, without question, the grand exception to the standard model.

The standard model stinks.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-01 14:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

*reads previous page*

So many nopes from SE.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-12-01 14:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"No plans" is a trademarked by Square enix now huh.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-01 15:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1298] Geas Fete Updates

-New notorious monsters will be added to Reisenjima.

-The combat area radius will be reduced in the following areas.

Escha - Zi'Tah / Escha - Ru'Aun / Reisenjima

-The number of monsters near ??? targets in Reisenjima will be adjusted.

SE posted a pic of a Naraka type for new NM, fun stuff.

edit: durp, pantafernando beat me to the punch.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-01 15:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
"No plans" is a trademarked by Square enix now huh.
Final Noplans XI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-12-01 16:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
SE posted a pic of a Naraka type for new NM, fun stuff.

edit: durp, pantafernando beat me to the punch.

And he has nice pictures. :P
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-12-01 17:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To the people worried about their afterglows going away, you shouldn't because
[+]
 Sylph.Oragel
user: Oragel
By Sylph.Oragel 2015-12-01 17:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs AG when you can have an RME with three stars on the blade? Three stars is the epitome achievement, now glow needed.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-12-01 18:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'll grant you that to an extent, but in the 119 era gear is being made obsolete at such a high pace that nobody should be surprised by it anymore.

Oh, sure. I was agreeing with you in the first place - the way FFXI was for years was very much the exception, but that's been phased out with the implementation of item level. Which, originally, they got item level basically right (i119 FELT twenty levels higher, and had a clear boost over i110 and i117) and now they've screwed it up again (everything is 119!).
I wouldn't say it's screwed up...
Just that that's a natural occurance for a level cap.
There's a massive amount of 74/75 gear, because that was the cap for FOREVER.
It's just that we've gotten content super fast compared to then, so even though it's only been a few years, we're quickly catching up to the 75/99 bloat.

(I'd also disagree about pre-statvomit feeling like 20 levels higher... +25 to two stats isn't all that much more than +15 to three. But that's a different conversation entirely that also hates on the false-117 gear from sparks for their blatant 106ish level. Literally only existing for Trusts and noobs was poor design.)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 18:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
(I'd also disagree about pre-statvomit feeling like 20 levels higher... +25 to two stats isn't all that much more than +15 to three. But that's a different conversation entirely that also hates on the false-117 gear from sparks for their blatant 106ish level. Literally only existing for Trusts and noobs was poor design.)

The way iLevel works is that SE has a template stating an item of level X (1,5,10,20,75,99,119) will have Y number of stats that do not exceed Z. Then each piece if tweaked individually. Something with a higher then average stat would have to have a correspondingly lower stat somewhere else to compensate or be restricted in some way. Now us min-maxers could easily work around that to create some truly broken builds (for that time) by deliberately choosing stats we want while ignoring stats we don't care about. What the past 99 world did we raise the stat levels on all items and have it such that you didn't get STR / DEX +80 on an item and instead STR / DEX +40 with VIT/AGI/CHR/MND/INT throws in too. When this is done on all five pieces of major gear you definitely experience a "level up" effect. Two pieces didn't make you "20 levels higher", all five together did. This armor also raised your resistance, defense, HP and evasion levels to that of someone 20 levels above. Then we have the weapons, which SE just added 20 levels worth of skill to, jacked up the DMG values to ridiculous numbers and added a lot of big stat upgrades to.

What's happened now is that an item says "Item Level 119" but it's really more like 121 or 122 when it's total stats are taken into account.
By Draylo 2015-12-01 20:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
To the people worried about their afterglows going away, you shouldn't because

If everyone glows, then no one glows!!
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-01 20:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Considering the effort a new or returning player would have to make in order to get 119 gear, it doesn't seem too crazy to me that things like Delve have been topped by stuff like Vagary, Sinister Reign, and Escha. Doesn't stop a person from enlisting the help of friends, but there are a significant number of players who don't have a group that can carry them through the harder content for the highest end gear.

Anyway, I'm still expecting a Magians-esque effort for the upgrades. Kill Putraxia 3 times to upgrade your Excalibur or whatever.

I know they're going to do it, but I'm going to be pretty agitated if they tie relic upgrades to group content. I even *have* a nice linkshell, but not enough steady playtime to actually schedule things with them (I still don't even have Vagary clears!).
You should move to Sylph, the little server that could.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-02 07:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1299] Aeonic Weapons

A quest to craft the new aeonic weapons will be added.
An aftermath effect will occur when using a merit point weapon skill while equipped with an aeonic weapon, and through the duration of the effect it will be possible to utilize one of two ultimate skillchains: Radiance or Umbra.
* During the aftermath effect, the appropriate weapon skill will have either the light or darkness skillchain type.
* The aftermath effect will be used once an ultimate skillchain has been unleashed.

Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-02 08:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they really have to show SAM in both pictures?

Oh wait, that's a DRG I think in the second one. Hard to tell, a pixelated mess when zoomed in.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Xodia 2015-12-02 09:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph is a shithole lol go to asura if any.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-02 09:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They are just playing the wait and see game, don't care at all about the people who have reasons to not move to another server. From a moral point of view, that is so crappy but from the business point of view, it appears that they are pushing their chances to milk some more transfer fee revenue before they take any action.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-02 10:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just a joke, I really don't give a ***who moves where. Would be cool to hang out with some of the people from other servers though, but I refuse to leave Sylph.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-02 10:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
They are just playing the wait and see game, don't care at all about the people who have reasons to not move to another server. From a moral point of view, that is so crappy but from the business point of view, it appears that they are pushing their chances to milk some more transfer fee revenue before they take any action.

I don' think it's some revenue milking scheme. In the past involuntary server transfers were very harsh on people. Many had to change names and lots of people were pissed when their server vanished or they went to a server they didn't like. Now they are just letting things make their own voluntary server moves, which they are. It seems Bahamut and Asura have become the servers that people are choosing to move it. I'm pretty sure we'll see a merging of all the left over smaller servers sometime in the middle of next year, could be wrong but that's about the time when it won't be economically justifiable to do maintenance on such low population servers.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-02 10:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said: »
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Come to Assura!! im upto do what u asked.. lol but as ur not.. i cant!

KJSH:Lh;ldgdsfg;erh;shrghesr;oues'uhesousrgshsth

QFT

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-02 16:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There are no additional items outside of Reisenjima, besides Dark Matter, that can augment Reisenjima gear.

Good luck getting your desired augments!

SE ACTUALLY ANSWERED ME! HOLY ***!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2015-12-02 16:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Quote:
There are no additional items outside of Reisenjima, besides Dark Matter, that can augment Reisenjima gear.

Good luck getting your desired augments!

SE ACTUALLY ANSWERED ME! HOLY ***!

Hmmm...
By Pantafernando 2015-12-02 16:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We can't promise the Home Point menu options will be adjusted so that the "Yes, please." option will return to it's original position, but we'll look into this.
By Zephin 2015-12-02 17:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
We can't promise the Home Point menu options will be adjusted so that the "Yes, please." option will return to it's original position, but we'll look into this.

We will wait till everyone's muscle memory adjusts to the new location, then we will change it back.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-02 17:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zephin said: »
Quote:

We will wait till everyone's muscle memory adjusts to the new location, then we will change it back.

Pretty much lol
By Pantafernando 2015-12-03 03:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1300] Unity Concord Updates
New Unity shirts will be added.

Each Unity will offer its own unique Unity leader-inspired shirts to its most worthy members.
You must currently hold an individual evaluation of 10 for two weeks running and exchange 20,000 Unity points in order to obtain your Unity's shirt.

Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-12-03 05:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[dev1300] Unity Concord Updates
New Unity shirts will be added.

Each Unity will offer its own unique Unity leader-inspired shirts to its most worthy members.
You must currently hold an individual evaluation of 10 for two weeks running and exchange 20,000 Unity points in order to obtain your Unity's shirt.

...yay.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 201 202 203