Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 02:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
They will be shafted if everyone gets that aura. That is my concern atm, if SE lets the new upgrade give everyone an aura (which will look dumb) then it will be a slap to all people who invested in afterglows. What makes me feel this is that they are specifically saying that afterglow will has a lesser requirement, but that wasn't the case for the last REM upgrade. I kinda sense some animosity as if the efforts of those people are shunned by others simply because the don't have one? It does take more work to make one than most spent on their REM you know.

There is zero animosity because the afterglow doesn't confer anything special nor is it particularly useful to begin with. It's not like there were shouts for

Event X : Job Y AfterGlow ONRY <Can I Have It?>

Most people looked at the obscenely dumb AG requirements and thought "only someone with absolutely nothing else to do would bother with that". Some people made them, and that's a personal goal they achieved. Nothing SE does will take that from them, SE doesn't suddenly take the time and effort you expended, it'll always be present long after the servers shut down.

Or are you one of those people who base your self esteem on some shiny virtual time that is made artificially scarce? AG items are just a few short keystrokes to make after all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 02:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been wrong in speculation regarding RMEs in the past, but I highly suspect that there will still be regular and afterglow versions of weapons.

They're doing something similar in XIV where the people who finished the old lvl 50 relics will get to skip a portion of the quest for the new lvl 60 relics of the expansion. It's just a way of saying, "Hey, we recognize that you spent a lot of time making that weapon, so we're giving you a break on the next big thing."
By Draylo 2015-12-01 02:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
They will be shafted if everyone gets that aura. That is my concern atm, if SE lets the new upgrade give everyone an aura (which will look dumb) then it will be a slap to all people who invested in afterglows. What makes me feel this is that they are specifically saying that afterglow will has a lesser requirement, but that wasn't the case for the last REM upgrade. I kinda sense some animosity as if the efforts of those people are shunned by others simply because the don't have one? It does take more work to make one than most spent on their REM you know.

There is zero animosity because the afterglow doesn't confer anything special nor is it particularly useful to begin with. It's not like there were shouts for

Event X : Job Y AfterGlow ONRY <Can I Have It?>

Most people looked at the obscenely dumb AG requirements and thought "only someone with absolutely nothing else to do would bother with that". Some people made them, and that's a personal goal they achieved. Nothing SE does will take that from them, SE doesn't suddenly take the time and effort you expended, it'll always be present long after the servers shut down.

Or are you one of those people who base your self esteem on some shiny virtual time that is made artificially scarce? AG items are just a few short keystrokes to make after all.

Your post alone speaks for the animosity lol. We are all "wasting" our time here, its a video game.

Quote:
I've been wrong in speculation regarding RMEs in the past, but I highly suspect that there will still be regular and afterglow versions of weapons.

They're doing something similar in XIV where the people who finished the old lvl 50 relics will get to skip a portion of the quest for the new lvl 60 relics of the expansion. It's just a way of saying, "Hey, we recognize that you spent a lot of time making that weapon, so we're giving you a break on the next big thing."

They didn't do it for the last REM upgrade though, which is what made me think of it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 03:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Your post alone speaks for the animosity lol. We are all "wasting" our time here, its a video game.

Your projecting here. There is absolutely zero animosity or any kind of feeling

I'm not joking about most people looking at that requirement then looking at the reward and saying "I have other things I can do". You see someone with one and the response is "that's cool" and then continue with your day.

So I'll say it again.

Are you one of those people who base your self esteem on some shiny virtual time that is made artificially scarce? AG items are just a few short keystrokes to make after all.

Nothing SE does will take away your achievement. Them having a single "super RME" doesn't remove or diminish the time you already spent making one. SE does not possess a time machine. The journey up the mountain shouldn't be confused with whats at the top of the mountain.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-01 03:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cute, but no.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-01 05:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are gonna make it possible to get AG in the coming update without having done it before, they should just give those who already have the AG version a big convenience. Simple as that. If it turns out to be a trivial process though, it will hurt those people's feeling for sure and a kitten will die for every 250 marrows or 150 scorias or (god forbid) 3000 riftcinders/drosses ever spent for AGs ;(
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 05:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

AG folks should just automatically get the "super" version but SE is too silly to let that happen. That or give them some sort of special glowing model or something, to make them feel special.
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2015-12-01 07:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

AG doesnt really mean anything if you have your ls farm it for you ......
[+]
By Chyula 2015-12-01 08:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
AG doesnt really mean anything if you have your ls farm it for you ......

too bad Your slave(BMW) afk 24/7.
By fonewear 2015-12-01 08:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

AG is the equivalent of someone putting diamonds on things they don't need them on. Example a toothbrush.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-12-01 08:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do toothbrushes come without diamonds?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 09:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
AG is the equivalent of someone putting diamonds on things they don't need them on. Example a toothbrush.

A toilet made of 24K gold

And to go with it, Golden leaf Toilet paper

That's gotta be rough though ...

I don't feel any animosity for those people who decide they absolutely need a toilet made of gold. I may question the wisdom of putting so much money, which is just a numerical representation of time and energy, into such an item but it's theirs to do with as they chose so more power to them.

But I guess us non-golden toilet folks must have some sort of hidden animosity towards our golden-toilet possessing brethren.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 09:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And just for you who aren't particularly keen to sitting on a 24K gold during your religious moments.

Diamond encrusted toilet

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2011/12/27/japanese-company-creates-100000-diamondencrusted-toilet/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-01 11:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely sensed animosity toward AG owners in this thread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 11:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly it's just people jumping to conclusions and arguing over what they don't even know yet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-01 12:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Mostly it's just people jumping to conclusions and arguing over what they don't even know yet.

Well, I can understand why AG owners would feel insecure about SE handing out AG to everyone. They've done that in the past on R/M weapons and on countless other items.

I don't understand why "you just want to feel special" discussion was brought up though. AG was made to extend the life of the game so hardcore players don't cap their gears and quit. If SE hand out AG to everyone, then they just wasted hardcore player's time. Who'd want to spend 300 hours to obtain an item when you can obtain it in 50 hours instead? I guess hardcore player's time isn't as important as average player's time no?

But this is SE, they've done that to every items including mythics. So I have zero expectation anyways.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 12:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Well, I can understand why AG owners would feel insecure about SE handing out AG to everyone. They've done that in the past on R/M weapons and on countless other items.

I don't understand why "you just want to feel special" discussion was brought up though. AG was made to extend the life of the game so hardcore players don't cap their gears and quit. If SE hand out AG to everyone, then they just wasted hardcore player's time. Who'd want to spend 300 hours to obtain an item when you can obtain it in 50 hours instead? I guess hardcore player's time isn't as important as average player's time no?

But this is SE, they've done that to every items including mythics. So I have zero expectation anyways.

I spent a ton of time just getting my first job to 75 in 2004/2005 and now you can do that with ease in less than a day. Practically every MMO takes hardcore-player-only achievements and makes them more easily obtainable over time. Does that destroy all of the hard work and dedication that you put into grinding out the hardest content to have the best gear? Maybe, but if someone is stupid enough to think that top-dog status in an MMO is permanent then I have no sympathy for them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-01 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent a ton of time just getting my first job to 75 in 2004/2005 and now you can do that with ease in less than a day. Practically every MMO takes hardcore-player-only achievements and makes them more easily obtainable over time. Does that destroy all of the hard work and dedication that you put into grinding out the hardest content to have the best gear? Maybe, but if someone is stupid enough to think that top-dog status in an MMO is permanent then I have no sympathy for them.

Lv 75 and AG is not the same though, it is required to be 75 to do endgame, therefore it's necessary to expand the population of endgame players eventually. Most MMO do hand out exp a while after launch so new players can do end game instead of lv grind solo.

But AG is not required to do any content, there zero reason to hand it out to everyone except to increase lag with everyone glowing.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-01 12:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Most people looked at the obscenely dumb AG requirements
But AG is not required to do any content, there zero reason to hand it out to everyone except to increase lag with everyone glowing.

If anything it'll be like with reforged gear, with different versions requiring different materials to get the upgraded versions. The AG path would still have AG and the other path wouldn't. maybe a new trial or quest the get it to AG status. I think that would be the path that would anger the fewest amount of players with AG.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 12:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv 75 and AG is not the same though, it is required to be 75 to do endgame, therefore it's necessary to expand the population of endgame players eventually. Most MMO do hand out exp a while after launch so new players can do end game instead of lv grind solo.

I already stated that I don't think they'll hand out afterglow to everyone. I'm just commenting on your remarks about hardcore players vs. casuals. Hardcore gear almost always gets handed out to casuals eventually, as it's just the natural course of MMOs. Heck, even making an afterglow isn't nearly the achievement that it once was. ADL? PW? Yeah, those are soloable now.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-12-01 13:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is, without question, the grand exception to the standard model. WoW/FFXIV are the most obvious examples, where every piece of gear has a pre-defined shelf life, and is obsolete in less than a year (usually far, far less).
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-01 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

While I did say(maybe somewhere else)that it's fair for AG people to have lower requirements, I don't see the problem with the ultimate result granting ag to everyone if the workload shelved off those with ag already is equal to the amount needed to previously obtain it.
Either you work for it before, or after, the total result doesn't change so there's no need to complain for the already-ag-people.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-01 13:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
equal to the amount needed to previously obtain it.
that would be so hard to quantify that there's no way to really do it, imo. edit: that doesn't stop them from trying and it doesn't make your idea a bad one. it's just gonna bother SOMEONE somewhere

Honestly, as someone else already mentioned, the amount of people with AG should stay low because of shiny gear really messing with frame rate.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-01 13:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
it's just gonna bother SOMEONE somewhere
Every FFXI update since 2002.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-01 13:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

FFXI is, without question, the grand exception to the standard model. WoW/FFXIV are the most obvious examples, where every piece of gear has a pre-defined shelf life, and is obsolete in less than a year (usually far, far less).

I'll grant you that to an extent, but in the 119 era gear is being made obsolete at such a high pace that nobody should be surprised by it anymore.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-01 13:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

I'll grant you that to an extent, but in the 119 era gear is being made obsolete at such a high pace that nobody should be surprised by it anymore.
Considering the effort a new or returning player would have to make in order to get 119 gear, it doesn't seem too crazy to me that things like Delve have been topped by stuff like Vagary, Sinister Reign, and Escha. Doesn't stop a person from enlisting the help of friends, but there are a significant number of players who don't have a group that can carry them through the harder content for the highest end gear.

Anyway, I'm still expecting a Magians-esque effort for the upgrades. Kill Putraxia 3 times to upgrade your Excalibur or whatever.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-12-01 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
At the moment, there are no plans to add any rings with a "Conserve MP" trait.

Quote:
Adding additional features and adjusting current features is a task that has many difficulties to overcome. With that said, we have no plans to address this or add new features to the Party Request feature.

Quote:
There are no plans to adjust /fume in any way, and this includes allowing the player who has summoned alter egos to freely /fume despite holding top enmity.

Quote:
There are no plans to make further adjustments to quests which have a Japanese midnight wait time.

Quote:
Since there are now tier 2 Helix spells, we have no plans to revert Modus Veritas to it's original behavior.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-01 14:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We'll look into adding an option where players can purchase all key items from Dimmian, but we can't make any promises for implementation due to resources and scheduling.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-01 14:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience that may have been caused by the patch congestion and multiple emergency maintenance periods.

Regarding the campaign period, we schedule the length to ensure there is enough time for players to participate even if there are emergency maintenance periods that occur in the planned campaign schedule.

With November's campaign we set the schedule by following the method we've used for previous campaigns, where we take into consideration the possibility of down time. Due to these reasons, we have no plans to extend the current campaign period.

Don't worry though; we're planning to hold another campaign this month, and we hope you'll look forward to all it has to offer!
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-12-01 14:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, sure. I was agreeing with you in the first place - the way FFXI was for years was very much the exception, but that's been phased out with the implementation of item level. Which, originally, they got item level basically right (i119 FELT twenty levels higher, and had a clear boost over i110 and i117) and now they've screwed it up again (everything is 119!).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 201 202 203