Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 201 202 203
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-05 04:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously not comparing a perfectly geared vs pretty well geared. The margin between DDs is very slim, depending on what you are fighting/buffs etc. Minus in zerg situations where WAR is king.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-05 06:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
- You do Tr/helms ranged style, unless you wanna entomb albumen adds for resleep blu is pretty there for MG and support heals if any.

LOL!

- Situations where your other group DDs are exceptionally geared/skilled/very good like ejiin or primex and you are gonna zerg hard stuff down, i'd rather have the blu change to geo/cor/support.

Again bringing these guys up won't make your argument more credible! its quite amazing how flawed your logic is.
Also, my heart goes out to players following your orders :)

I personally dont do blu past omen content lvl (140) because i i personally think out of the 4 strats i tried vs sky T4 and reisen helms, smn AC wins hands down in efficiency and speed, heck even in the last aeonic i made with my last group, we were carrying 2 leechers lol.

K

"Hey guys Unless you play as good as ejiin or primex, you're not allowed to play any other DPS job nuff said!"
"Phuoc The Wise"
[+]
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-10-05 06:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm..

Dear, Dev Tracker - News, Discussions: Days of our BLU Lives Edition...

Interesting Update:

Moar Omen KIs
Moar Ambuscade Equipment
Coalition Crap? Hmmm

... No Nerf to SMN. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.. Continue on with your Nirvanas and Aeonic Progression.

Sorry Saeval..

Lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-05 07:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
At 75 cap Nidhogg was level 90 (+15) and AV, which was impossible to kill legitimately, was level 95 (+20). Why at 119 do we have content that is 26 levels higher?

Previously there was a reduction to your attack capped LCF, that doesn't exist in content from SoA and later. By removing LCF they are able to extend the difficulty cap, which they did to obscene levels.
By zaxtiss 2017-10-05 08:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm anyone know what the change to DM they did "Many Moons ago" is?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-05 08:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what does more KIs mean? More bosses surely.
I think they mean you will be able to store more KIs than you currently can (atm one on yourself and 2 on the Goblin).
That's how I read their line at least? Maybe they mean something else, seriously doubt they're adding new bosses, there's no mention to updates to Omen or new equipment being added to Omen.

I'm more puzzled by their line about Coalition gear.
What are they changing exactely? Boosting the stats on Coalition gear? Boosting their ilevel too? To what end?

And the part about exchange/trade... can you even exchange/trade coalition gear atm? Wut?
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-10-05 09:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see some flamma +2 :)
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2017-10-05 09:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think they mean you will be able to store more KIs than you currently can (atm one on yourself and 2 on the Goblin).
That's how I read that, too. Gogo 4x Omen runs a night!
And the part about exchange/trade... can you even exchange/trade coalition gear atm? Wut?
Runje Desaali in Eastern Adoulin (the Ergon item collection NPC) gives bayld for WKR, Coalition and Sparks gear.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-10-05 09:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more puzzled by their line about Coalition gear.
What are they changing exactely? Boosting the stats on Coalition gear? Boosting their ilevel too? To what end?

Coalition gear just isn't logically balanced next to later additions. In the time since they introduced it, higher ilevel gear has gotten a lot easier to get and/or similar stepping-stone gear (Sparks) can be had for next to no effort.
Gear progression once you're in i119 these days is pretty fleshed out, but I think going from sparks to that is a bit of a leap. Improved Coalition gear for maybe less Bayld cost (and reduced buyback price to go with it) might be a way to fix that. Or, at least, make it not completely irrelevant.

I'd think that something like i117 NQ and Su1 i119 HQ with some better stats would bridge that gap nicely.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-05 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
hmmm anyone know what the change to DM they did "Many Moons ago" is?
I don't think they made a change to DM itself but iirc people manaburning DM is part of what prompted the cumulative nuke nerf so maybe that.

Other news for the first time in months they are adding new equipment to ambuscade. Probably just +2 the 2nd set of sets and giving them rings but hey at least it's something

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-05 11:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The +2 aren't really a big improvement over the +1. It's the set bonuses that will make or break.

all 5 of the +2 set bonuses for the first set aren't anything worth having really, so hard to know if the set bonuses on the second set will carry the trend or be omfgamazing.

Look forward to more subtle blow, acc+, parry+, magic damage...
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-05 12:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sulevia +2 is pretty amazing, and the Jhakri +2 pieces are quite useful for some situations (non-MB nuking if you don't have crazy Merlinic, RDM/BLU WSs (and TP for the pants).

Several Flamma +2 pieces will be amazing just from the incremental increases, considering that some of them are already BIS (barring ridiculous dark matter augments) at +1 or close. Ayanmo +2 will be excellent for RDM DT.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-10-05 12:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Runje Desaali in Eastern Adoulin (the Ergon item collection NPC) gives bayld for WKR, Coalition and Sparks gear.

what's the conversion rate for sparks/coalition gear? Is it better than just NPCing the gear?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-05 12:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Runje_Desaali
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-05 12:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Meghanada +2 provides several BiS pieces for different jobs too. The +2 versions offered enough of an improvement to make some of them very good. I'm hoping that the same will hold true for the other half of the ambuscade gear.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-05 12:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Coalition gear just isn't logically balanced next to later additions. In the time since they introduced it, higher ilevel gear has gotten a lot easier to get and/or similar stepping-stone gear (Sparks) can be had for next to no effort.
Gear progression once you're in i119 these days is pretty fleshed out, but I think going from sparks to that is a bit of a leap. Improved Coalition gear for maybe less Bayld cost (and reduced buyback price to go with it) might be a way to fix that. Or, at least, make it not completely irrelevant.
At this point they should maybe release +2 versions then.
I don't think I still use any of those pieces atm except the Orvail Hands for my Cpot build on RUN/WHM, but then again if they bring some of those items to ilevel 119 there might be something useful I suppose...

And ooooh dang! Completely forgot you can trade to Runje.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-05 13:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Inyanga +2 is absolutely incredible to idle in as a white mage. Nothing comes close. I look forward to the potential of Ayanmo +2 but will likely just throw it back in storage.

I second this. The full Inyanga+2 set is underrated to say the least, but it has been my go-to idle set for certain difficult fights - like Master Trials.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-05 13:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
At 75 cap Nidhogg was level 90 (+15) and AV, which was impossible to kill legitimately, was level 95 (+20). Why at 119 do we have content that is 26 levels higher?

Previously there was a reduction to your attack capped LCF, that doesn't exist in content from SoA and later. By removing LCF they are able to extend the difficulty cap, which they did to obscene levels.
Oh right, I was gone 5 years before recently. No level penalty for attack and accuracy like old days then.
It still exist just not in soa, escha and legion zones. Rest it's still there but 1/2 potency. This is why things like newer BCNM/HTBF aren't actually ilvl but just super inflated stats
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-05 13:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Requires an Omen body drop
It depends on how lucky you are on the ANNI keys.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-05 13:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But if you need Refresh and will not get hit at all there are better gear sets right? Requires an Omen body drop and Befouled Crown from Vagary though (no idea how easy/hard it is to get).

Knowing when to switch from DT Idle to Refresh Idle was part of the healing strategy as a WHM doing Master Trials. Both sets have pros and cons depending on what is happening. Getting hit with Veil of Chaos while in Refresh set hurt... a lot.

There's no escaping being hit as a WHM. At some point you're drawn into the fight whether redoing barspells, other buffs or having reached the Shadow Lord portion of the fight (and everyone is standing together).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-05 14:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not hard at all; you can just trade in the 5 Vagary KIs for it.
By Blazed1979 2017-10-05 14:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
withing a minute or two of BLU DDs.
I might be out of touch with the game but last time I checked, 1-2 minutes is a HUGE margin. Engaging 10 seconds late on a parse between equal players can be a pretty sizable difference in total dps. 1-2 minutes.. JFC, that's the difference between downing shchah, Albumen, Zerde like a true 0.0001% elitist and an ambuscade party of "I dun know wtf I'm doing" reraising a hundred times through night just to perpetually wipe until time-out.

Also, Phuoc > All. Deal with it.

EDIT: DirectX who are you?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-05 15:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
New equipment added to ambuscade?
Sure hope that means we gonna get +2 version of the 5 remaining sets!

NOMNOM AYANMO+2! :Q__ __ ___ ____

May the gods read you, i love the body/legs ! ! !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 201 202 203