Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 201 202 203
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-09-08 17:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what I was trying to say, the theory is not necessarily debunked. A portion of the theory is debunked in that it is very likely not giving at least +7 skill (your sample size is too small to definitively say that).
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-08 18:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
That is what I was trying to say, the theory is not necessarily debunked. A portion of the theory is debunked in that it is very likely not giving at least +7 skill (your sample size is too small to definitively say that).

Sadly, that was all I had.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-09-08 18:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested on my brother's char

Level 27 smithing Longsword Failed
Level 28 smithing Bilbo couldn't attempt
Level 28 smithing Bilbo + coconut rusk couldn't attempt

Theory debunked...

Back to dev discussion... :D
 Cerberus.Resetti
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-09-09 02:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

New Theory
Coconut Rusk = +7% success rate on desynthesis! XD
By Nyarlko 2017-09-09 03:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's worth bothering to try to test rusks now that they are changing the effect, and include an effect description, in a few days... Honestly, I'm not sure there is enough time between now and when servers go down to even attempt at getting a reasonable sample size if you still wanted to try to learn the likely soon-to-be-obsolete mechanics. ^^;;;
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-09 05:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Coconut Rusk = Food effect icon activation

It is kind of like facing a certain direction. Or crafting on a certain day. Or during a certain moon phase. It was just one more thing a player could do to feel like they had some influence on the outcome of a crafting session. But in reality...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-09 06:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

New Theory: Rusk are simply not working and that's exactely why they delayed so much giving us an official description.

BOOM! Big reveal!
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-09-09 08:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cornelia trust geo buff is actually nice. Too bad it is time limited =[
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-09 08:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

6 months is longer than anyone should continue playing at this rate anyway, so "limited".... technically.

They'll probably do another survey and make a new temp trust, or make her permanent since they're lazy.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-09 20:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, for those who don't know, I've been doing my best to translate JPside dev posts over on bgwiki for a while now, and I'd say that I usually do a decent job. Sometimes the FP kicks me in the brain though since I am not actually fluent in Japanese, and this month's is one of those times...

We need a proper/fluent translation for 47:55-53:00 as I am having trouble figuring out the precise details they are telling us. I can tell that they are discussing some of the mechanics behind HQ rates, success rates, and how gear/food bonuses will be changing, but I am struggling to do more than pick out partial sentences. Getting the gist of what they are saying is not enough for this section, which is the best I can do at this point.

I don't want to point everyone else in the wrong direction, and have very little faith in the official summary actually covering these things properly, so I believe that a community translation is required in this case.

It sounds to me like gear/food HQ rates will be changing to additive percents, so they fit "cleanly into the HQ tables", but not 100% sure this is correct for example..

Is there anyone who can help w/ translating this 5min section (47:53-53:00)?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-09-09 20:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

6 months is longer than anyone should continue playing at this rate anyway, so "limited".... technically.

They'll probably do another survey and make a new temp trust, or make her permanent since they're lazy.

I have a feeling they'll rotate in different trusts in this fashion.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-09 20:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Hello, for those who don't know, I've been doing my best to translate JPside dev posts over on bgwiki for a while now, and I'd say that I usually do a decent job. Sometimes the FP kicks me in the brain though since I am not actually fluent in Japanese, and this month's is one of those times...

We need a proper/fluent translation for 47:55-53:00 as I am having trouble figuring out the precise details they are telling us. I can tell that they are discussing some of the mechanics behind HQ rates, success rates, and how gear/food bonuses will be changing, but I am struggling to do more than pick out partial sentences. Getting the gist of what they are saying is not enough for this section, which is the best I can do at this point.

I don't want to point everyone else in the wrong direction, and have very little faith in the official summary actually covering these things properly, so I believe that a community translation is required in this case.

It sounds to me like gear/food HQ rates will be changing to additive percents, so they fit "cleanly into the HQ tables", but not 100% sure this is correct for example..

Is there anyone who can help w/ translating this 5min section (47:53-53:00)?

I can take a look at it, is there anywhere it's still available from without requiring a niconico premium account?

This blog did a summary of it too, does it cover the area you want?

http://ff11rigami.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-938.html
By Nyarlko 2017-09-09 21:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Freshly Picked 35 - YouTube Archive >here<

Looking thru that blog, it does answer a few of my questions, but doesn't seem as detailed on the crafting section as what the devs were saying. I think that we should still look closer at that section if possible.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-09 21:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't really say exactly how they're changing the HQ rates. They said that because of the way it was pulling HQ rates from a table, the HQ bonuses weren't being applied very neatly. The whole thing happened because they wanted to make the shields worth doing, but when they looked at the calculations they realized how small the change was.

They did say nothing will be affected negatively so HQ rates will only go up with the change.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-09 22:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
They didn't really say exactly how they're changing the HQ rates. They said that because of the way it was pulling HQ rates from a table, the HQ bonuses weren't being applied very neatly. The whole thing happened because they wanted to make the shields worth doing, but when they looked at the calculations they realized how small the change was.

They did say nothing will be affected negatively so HQ rates will only go up with the change.

Thank you very much for confirming. Backup is always very, very welcome for this stuff. :D
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-09-10 04:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Tested on my brother's char

Level 27 smithing Longsword Failed
Level 28 smithing Bilbo couldn't attempt
Level 28 smithing Bilbo + coconut rusk couldn't attempt

Theory debunked...

Back to dev discussion... :D
I guess I better stop using those. Then again I've capped my gil 5 different times following my method...... :continues to use rusk:
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-09-10 07:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
I guess I better stop using those. Then again I've capped my gil 5 different times following my method...... :continues to use rusk:
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-10 08:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY ***if those new ambuscade values are correct, that'll save some SERIOUS grindage.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion/page717?s=f412ba8fb2366ca671c02efbefb05c27
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-09-10 09:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY ***if those new ambuscade values are correct, that'll save some SERIOUS grindage.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion/page717?s=f412ba8fb2366ca671c02efbefb05c27

Quote:
The Well furnishing: This will be a prize for the aforementioned Twitter screenshot contest. A grand total of 666 will be given out over six days. -_-

WTF is up with SE and their satanic ways...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-09-10 10:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are the translated dev posts on BGWiki housed?

The forums or the Wiki?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-10 11:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if they'll increase Vol2 values as well though.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-10 11:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Doubtful. Original thing said intense only. Now I'm wondering if it only includes 6 man groups
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-10 13:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Doubtful. Original thing said intense only. Now I'm wondering if it only includes 6 man groups
They have to do something.

I mean we're talking about 10800 points for VD vol1 vs 300 points for VD vol2
I'm all for creating incentives into doing Vol1 but you'll agree the difference can't reasonably be THIS big, can it?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-09-10 13:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

those are numbers with seal. So without seal would be 3600, which is still significant.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-10 13:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

They have to do something.

I mean we're talking about 10800 points for VD vol1 vs 300 points for VD vol2
I'm all for creating incentives into doing Vol1 but you'll agree the difference can't reasonably be THIS big, can it?
It's not about whether I agree but whether SE agrees. And I hold out little hope
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-10 13:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they say they would've buffed Seal as well? (Seal currently gives 3x afaik, not sure how much it will give after the patch).

Even if it's 3000... 3000 vs 300 I dunno, more reasonable, but still too big I would say?
Baseline for Vol2 should be 600 points for VD imo, no less.
By waffle 2017-09-10 14:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal Ambuscade is unchanged as is VE for Intense Ambuscade. They doubled mob hp for easy and normal intense ambuscade and tripled the rewards. They tripled mob hp for difficult and VD intense ambuscade and tripled the rewards. (Actually D is slightly higher then 3x) Seals are still 3x. They only mentioned that seals would be more effective on account of multiplying the increased base numbers.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-10 19:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they say they would've buffed Seal as well? (Seal currently gives 3x afaik, not sure how much it will give after the patch).

Actually no, that's just their translation being bad. They said since intense will be worth more the seals will end up giving more.

Keep in mind, these are all speculative values, they said how much they would increase HP of those difficulties so this chart is just based on the hallmark values being in line with the HP. There's no guarantee that will be the case though.
By waffle 2017-09-10 20:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Keep in mind, these are all speculative values, they said how much they would increase HP of those difficulties so this chart is just based on the hallmark values being in line with the HP. There's no guarantee that will be the case though.

Ah, so the chart that got linked is just the blogger speculating then. That's good to know. The pessimist in me now thinks SE will probably give fewer points in return for the hp increase though.
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 201 202 203